Hot Toys MMS437 - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I look at how things are going with the movies now in the ST and the thing that sticks out for me is that a complete three movie arc wasn't written and agreed before they started. At least it doesn't appear to be. George having an overall input early on (maybe) and first draft of how he saw things which then could have been refined into a full arc, which each director could have taken forward. Regardless of whether I liked Rian Johnson's film making, I can't comprehend JJ Abrams having to now work with the story from this point if he (or Disney/Lucasfilm as a whole) wasn't fully aware of where the story would be and what characters he would have to work with.

Yes, it’s quite baffling that they decided to make a trilogy without any sort of planning. It’s making the ST real messy.

I look at Empire Strikes Back... Written by Lawrence Kasdan and Leigh Brackett, produced by Gary Kurtz and directed by Irvin Kershner. Story by George. Brackett did the original screenplay before her death and Kasdan took it over from George and reworked it. George has the overall vision but everything else about that film and how it was delivered was from other very good people. Funny how the input of women into the OT gave us so much of what we know and love about it, with writing from Katz and Brackett and even George's wife, Marcia, winning an oscar for her work, along with two others, in editing ANH.

Hate to be that guy...but Brackett did not actually contribute anything to the final version of Empire...Kasdan and Lucas started from scratch but left her with a credit as a tribute after she passed away.

Hate to be that guy...but Brackett did not actually contribute anything to the final version of Empire...Kasdan and Lucas started from scratch but left her with a credit as a tribute after she passed away.
The Rinzler making of books are a excellent read covering this, and also how much more Lucas was involved during both ESB and ROTJ.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Fair point. But it's still fair to say that it was the collaborative nature of the OT that made it work... and maybe why the PT felt flat to me. A lot of people really like The Clone Wars series as a better story of Anakin, Obi Wan, the clones et al. Same characters but done in a way that worked much better. I actually really liked the overall Rebels story arc and how those characters worked. There was much more of a sense of camaraderie and friendship than ever materialised in the PT films for me.

I was charged this morning too and I live in Canada....sure to see it just as fast believe it or not :hi5:

I'm on the E.Coast and all SS orders, at least the 1/6 figures take exactly 4-5 days to arrive which is odd to me considering the shipping charges, I also don't understand how a 3lb. or 4lb figure being the same H x W x D in size can range from $19 to $30 in shipping i always thought there would continuity in shipping charges. And being on the E.Coast i very rarely get free shipping unless its a promo their running for everyone. But if i order from a third party seller I usually get my packages in 2-3 days and pay half the shipping cost

The Rinzler making of books are a excellent read covering this, and also how much more Lucas was involved during both ESB and ROTJ.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Those books are AMAZING! So much detail into the production of the classic trilogy. An ABSOLUTE MUST read for Star Wars fans.

Happily, the same author is turning his attention to detail to the making of the Planet of the Apes saga later on this year. I CANNOT WAIT!

Re: Hot Toys Episode 3 Anakin

I cannot wait. Anakin and Luke are my Hot Toys figures this year. All I can afford currently so I hope Luke is a ways off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Preying for a waitlist conversion, doubting I will, though :'(

Edit: Praying, but also probably preying too

If you need one I purchased one off of ebay when they dropped overseas from ebay seller timcent88 he also supplied me with tarkin and leia hoth when they came out. However i had already pre ordered from sideshow and did not cancel so he was charged and is shipping tomorrow just received tracking, im on east coast so he should arrive by Monday. I can let him go for $260 shipped to US and $300 shipped anywhere in world, that's pretty much retail i think all in with shipping from SS it was $254

If you need one I purchased one off of ebay when they dropped overseas from ebay seller timcent88 he also supplied me with tarkin and leia hoth when they came out. However i had already pre ordered from sideshow and did not cancel so he was charged and is shipping tomorrow just received tracking, im on east coast so he should arrive by Monday. I can let him go for $260 shipped to US and $300 shipped anywhere in world, that's pretty much retail i think all in with shipping from SS it was $254
Damn, I've got him on order at BBTS. If you had matched their price I'd send you the money the second you received the figure.

Back