Hot Toys MMS437 - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been on the fence with this figure for some time. But after seeing this review I couldn’t help myself!.... Ordered!!

Hope it’s just the way the reviewers have the robe placed but it looks way too short in that video.

Hope it’s just the way the reviewers have the robe placed but it looks way too short in that video.
Any hints on any more figures in the pipeline? I heard Qui Gon Jinn mentioned in the video but no idea in what context.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Might well be. It didn't look like they took a lot of time or effort to have the robe sit properly. I wouldn't be too worried right now.

Any hints on any more figures in the pipeline? I heard Qui Gon Jinn mentioned in the video but no idea in what context.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Would love to see Qui-Gon Obi-Wan, Mace Windu, Padme, and Count Dooku. The movies definitely had their issues but they had a lot of excellently designed characters.

Display Anakin with or without the robe gonna be hard because both looks so good

Jedi Luke definitely go with no robe

Despite the lack of a good futzing, the figure shines in the video. As always, the portrait and finish is a little softer than the proto, but it still looks like the best Anakin we've seen in sixth-scale yet. Looks like the same copper paint for the hair that has appeared on other figures recently, but not so heavy this time. The hair sculpture is really impressive.

The outfit is really gorgeous... well-scaled textures and colors. The boots are good, but look like, depending on the luck of the draw here, one could end up with overly-crunched shafts as has been observed with ANH Han and more recently with Tarkin. The approach HT has taken with boots is novel, using softer, pleather-like materials to achieve the right look , but the downside ends up being the "scrunched" look around the ankle and where the shaft meets the top of the boot.

It's interesting to note that the same kind of material was not employed with the gauntlet- while it looks well-detailed , it also looks like the cheapest part of the presentation...very "plastic".

Does the blade remove from the Dooku hilt? Hope so.

The stand doesn't bother me- it's just a card on top of the base (like those R1 portrait cards).

All and all, a very exciting looking figure, one I wouldn't expect to hang around long. As much as folks carp on the prequels around here, Anankin still manages to get plenty of appreciation. Wouldn't hang on the fence long here...

And here's hoping an ROTS Kenobi is on the way too. Hanving that character rendered as great as this one is would make the perfect prequel set.
Can't wait for more reviews and pics!

Re: Hot Toys Episode 3 Anakin

I am probably the only one that will say this....but the hair....why can’t they do more than a single color.....

It’s not that hard to do some highlights and darken some areas.... no ones hair is flat single color....

BW did a small highlight to there Tyler figure and it made a huge difference.
47a0926726634e470b0691dd794f482a.jpeg

67300046fb162172eb9f780316071fb9.jpeg

6b1719b9fef286b4f326a907849f5b92.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hot damn, wasn't expecting this figure until later in the year but excited to be getting him sooner than later. Better start paying off that lay-away plan...

Well all we have seen so far is the (still not officially) released Toystv unboxing video. It could still be a month or 2 (lets hope not) before it's released....

Anybody concerned about how the leather-like material is going to hold up in a year or 2? Don't have a figure yet to form an opinion from personal experience, but I've heard horror stories...

It depends on what kind of pleather is used.
Good pleather can be as good as real leather.
Don't forget that we live in the 21st century.

Re: Hot Toys Episode 3 Anakin

I just started collecting Hot Toys last year and this figure is one of the few I preordered as soon as I could. This would be the first to one to be released so all this talk and videos has got me really excited :D

Yeah never in doubt. Pre-ordered this as soon as it was available. I’d actually buy almost anything from the prequels.

Back