Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have this figure in hand i really do not understand the need to remove the fat suit..Jedi Luke is already very slim.

Slim but barrel chested. I couldnt twist his waist very much or move his arms above his head. The fatsuit is easy to remove. I kept the padding that runs down the legs though, i thought his legs would be too skinny otherwise.

Slim but barrel chested. I couldnt twist his waist very much or move his arms above his head. The fatsuit is easy to remove. I kept the padding that runs down the legs though, i thought his legs would be too skinny otherwise.

So you cut some of the fat suit away in the upper body region only ? I think that's what I'll end up doing. Belt etc still fits somewhat then too.

So you cut some of the fat suit away in the upper body region only ? I think that's what I'll end up doing. Belt etc still fits somewhat then too.
Yes, the only thing i would try to do differently was not cut the strap that goes under and around his crotch that keeps the tunic top pulled down. Its a small sacrifice either way because the top will be slightly baggier. There are videos of this mod on youtube using the stealth captain america figure. I know clipperking had one on there.

I dont even know why rotj luke has it to be honest.

There is a way to get the arms raised for better articulation with the fat suit still in there. I just stripped it and noticed that the fat suit sleeves were bunched into the armpits of the TT shoulders. I just futzed with the sleeves making them more loose around the shoulders and armpits . Now the arms have better articulation for raising poses. No need to cut them out or remove IMO

My fat suit mods. Removes the waist pads and added some felt
C3DD198A-BBE6-4648-A880-32DE012972A6.jpgB05C7CAF-068C-4276-9FBD-0997B4D4765D.jpg0AB82C6C-8EAC-4BC6-99E2-6E198B2A077B.jpg

Hamill in his best years never looked like that body does...

Goes to show how important tailoring in the 1/6 world is.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I saw the BTS on YouTube of ESB and they were showing him practicing with Prowse in the Cloud City duel and he was pretty fit ..so Hamill did train for ESB

Hamill in his best years never looked like that body does...

Goes to show how important tailoring in the 1/6 world is.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Agree. Even with mods still looks fat, but not too bad

So is he in multiple shipments to Sideshow? Ordered yesterday, they took deposit today, but I thought he was in stock.

Sweet, so my Luke will ship on the 18th from SSC. I didn't preorder so I was a little worried that I wouldn't get one so quickly.
Pretty stoked on this piece. I think Luke will pair nicely with Palpatine when he arrives in Sept-ish.

I still really wish there were more gloved hands with this figure. I’m wanting to display him as the Death Star II duel version but I’m not wanting to pop that arm out. Plus that’s such a fixed option once it’s like that and you have to swap it back out if you want to change to a non lightsaber holding hand. Really frustrating that they only included the one normal gloved hand.

I think I’m passing on Empire Vader and will wait for Jedi Vader. It’s pretty close in terms of the outfit and I’d like things like the cut off hand and the unmasked sculpt. It’d be kinda cool if they included a second Vader mask that has the wear marks from when he picks up Palpatine and the electricity damages it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back