Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually prefer the wider Medicom blade.
82a31e8cbd550fbd8e11dc9a25cb1565.jpg

175e61e30a7cd09ff63a4c666559971c.jpg

Medi(top)
Sideshow(middle)
HT(bottom)

Yeah I didn’t mind the thick medicom blade , what bugged me was the lack of silver paint around the rings and the gold was the wrong shade , but I painted mine up. The old SSC blade was kind of dull of a plastic. I always thought the green needed a sheen , however I think they nailed the hilt and the thickness of the neck of the hilt is spot on because it was quite thin around the emitter.

By far the HT is my favorite even though the neck of the hilt is a little too thick

it has a bit of Copperfield, also a bit of Travolta.

But there is still a lot of Hammil in him.

I believe that this is the best 1/6 Luke sculpt around.

So, are defects a regular thing with Hot Toys? Only had a proper look at the Luke figure last night and noticed there's quite a big rip in one of the boots, there's paint chipped off the lightsaber and half of the metal wire is poking out of the hood of the cloak. I've contacted Sideshow who say they'll replace the parts when they get them in, but for a figure that's cost well over 200 quid, it's a bit poor.

Just having a look at the last few pages and it's good to see that you can get him in poses with the lightsaber above his head and more dynamic poses. I tried the pose where in the film Luke comes out of the shadows after Vader says "then perhaps she will", but couldn't get his arms anywhere near high enough. I'll stick with the Jabba's Palace cloaked pose for now.

If you are doing a height comparison you should first note that ANH Luke’s hair is very big. Plus if you compare the heights of their features you’ll notice they are not the same height.
Eyes
9498ba81dc7b5940d2924cbb0494980a.jpg

Chin
1dd0dae4f14d82ad9ad66efd53f72b0e.png

Shoulders
9a4edc311d3ec83a25ab3672e30ef58b.png

Belt
57d965411d7fd2e197eb31ec58f75fd7.png

Knees
91a606d9001c65213b2bbb971f76019a.png

If you are happy with it that is great. Just wanted to make sure you noticed what I did.

Yes there's a slight difference, but it's miniscule compared to the other comparison.
Plus Jedi Luke has a heel. All I20180706_094505.jpg'm saying is mine isn't too tall.
More pics
20180706_094433.jpg
20180706_094523.jpg

So, are defects a regular thing with Hot Toys? Only had a proper look at the Luke figure last night and noticed there's quite a big rip in one of the boots, there's paint chipped off the lightsaber and half of the metal wire is poking out of the hood of the cloak. I've contacted Sideshow who say they'll replace the parts when they get them in, but for a figure that's cost well over 200 quid, it's a bit poor.

Just having a look at the last few pages and it's good to see that you can get him in poses with the lightsaber above his head and more dynamic poses. I tried the pose where in the film Luke comes out of the shadows after Vader says "then perhaps she will", but couldn't get his arms anywhere near high enough. I'll stick with the Jabba's Palace cloaked pose for now.

This is the first figure i've gotten from HT where there are more QC issues than i'd wish for...some are small and fixable...but shouldn't be there in the first place...and with prices soaring upwards..it's unacceptable.

I too have the wire poking through the cloaks hood...along with the over tight sleeve which made it impossible to fit the light-up saber arm...frayed unfinished shirt hem,misaligned belt studs and poorly applied velcro(i hate the stuff)that barely keeps the belt closed.

With HT churning these figures out quicker than ever QC standards are bound to drop...but they shouldn't..not at these prices.

This is the first figure i've gotten from HT where there are more QC issues than i'd wish for...some are small and fixable...but shouldn't be there in the first place...and with prices soaring upwards..it's unacceptable.

I too have the wire poking through the cloaks hood...along with the over tight sleeve which made it impossible to fit the light-up saber arm...frayed unfinished shirt hem,misaligned belt studs and poorly applied velcro(i hate the stuff)that barely keeps the belt closed.

With HT churning these figures out quicker than ever QC standards are bound to drop...but they shouldn't..not at these prices.

Thanks for that. It's disappointing given how good it looks. It took my wife and I ages to try and munipulate the wire in the hood back in. Ended up having to take it out as it was sticking out that far anyway. It's still not right now. The customer service guy at Sideshow has been really helpful though and has put all 3 items down to be sent out to me when they get them in stock. I don't know when that'll be but it's better than nothing I guess. The other options were to accept a $30 Sideshow voucher or send the whole thing back for a replacement. Given it came from HK to the UK, I'm not prepared to pay any more shipping or Customs Tax.

The "wire" issue is not uncommon - I had the same issue w/ Anakin (left sleeve, main tunic) - just pulled excess out and clipped.

It is unfortunate that QC is taking a back seat with these high-price figures.

I could have lived with it had it not been so obvious and we've probably damaged it several times over due to trying to thread it all back in round the hood as the slightest error meant it'd stick out of the material rather than going through the loop in the material where it's meant to be.

Yeah I didn’t mind the thick medicom blade , what bugged me was the lack of silver paint around the rings and the gold was the wrong shade , but I painted mine up. The old SSC blade was kind of dull of a plastic. I always thought the green needed a sheen , however I think they nailed the hilt and the thickness of the neck of the hilt is spot on because it was quite thin around the emitter.

By far the HT is my favorite even though the neck of the hilt is a little too thick

I have all those hilts for jedi luke. the medicom hilt is interesting so Is the blade. evey one hated the SSC vader dlx blade as it was the some thickness and some people said it looked like jolly rancher.

Back