Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My hero shelf is just missing Lando now.

43115991031_1804cb65a6_b.jpg

My hero shelf is just missing Lando now.

43115991031_1804cb65a6_b.jpg

Looks like HT Luke is showing SSC 3PO how a thumb is supposed to be attached to a hand.:lol

But yeah, where is Lando? Really hoping SDCC reveals HT Han Bespin and Lando side-by-side.

One of the tricky things is how HT is so tough to predict - SSC years ago would go through themes like they do a "Hoth theme" or "Jabba theme" with several figs in that area, but HT is harder to pick. They do Emperor and the Guard and Luke Jedi plus Luke/Leia Endor (though no PO) but at the same time they do Leia Hoth while a cluster of PT figs come up. So it makes it harder to say if they'll do a Trench or Bespin Han.

I got mine Tuesday as well. A believe quite a few on here got one over the past week or so from SS.

Can't really afford both to be honest. I'm doing schooling to become a professional dog trainer so I only have a part time job. I still wanna get the Mythos Obi-Wan and the Deluxe Palpatine when they come out. Got them both preordered too, alongside the Sideshow Luke. I can only afford one Luke unfortunately...I don't know what to do. I just know this figure keeps pulling at me.

Bro...join Air Force and become K9 MP...they will train and pay you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had one of each on pre-order. As much as I tried and tried to convince myself the SS Deluxe looked like Luke, I just never once looked at the head sculpt and saw Luke. Looked really generic and I couldn't get past that.

So I sent an email, and they said as a one time courtesy I could cancel that and they would apply my down payment to another figure, which I ordered a second HT Luke. Don't regret it for a second.

Thanks for the reply. I think I'll call Sideshow Monday morning and see about having the NRD switched to this. All the photos posted in here make it look like a must-have.

It's funny, the promo pics really put me off the figure, that's why I preordered the Sideshow version instead, but the pics y'all have been postin' have made me change my mind about this one. His face is a little durpy but in a battle pose against Vader it won't look bad at all.

Most impressive.

I'm hoping to have the original "12 back" in my collection. Just the Tusken Raider and the Death Star Trooper to go. SS's Tusken Raider goes for silly money nowadays.

So after posing and reposing Luke for a few days, I thought who is next? The answer is nothing for a while. Esb Vader maybe October/November and palpatine and the guards are maybe January. Pt obi and dooku are way off. Hopefully sdcc will have some great reveals that actually go up for preorder.

So after posing and reposing Luke for a few days, I thought who is next? The answer is nothing for a while. Esb Vader maybe October/November and palpatine and the guards are maybe January. Pt obi and dooku are way off. Hopefully sdcc will have some great reveals that actually go up for preorder.

Bless your heart if you have no interest in other franchises. I swear, between Marvel and SW I don't think I'll have enough room for my collection if they keep on making them like they have been. Have mercy on my soul the day Hot Toys decides to start making figures from the Clone Wars show. It'll simultaneously be the best and worst day of my collecting career ever. Some figures would have to go...

Bless your heart if you have no interest in other franchises. I swear, between Marvel and SW I don't think I'll have enough room for my collection if they keep on making them like they have been. Have mercy on my soul the day Hot Toys decides to start making figures from the Clone Wars show. It'll simultaneously be the best and worst day of my collecting career ever. Some figures would have to go...

I do feel sorry for 1/6 people who are into Marvel, DC and other franchises/lines in addition to SW. I'm solely OT SW and Indy (not much available there) and I can barely keep up with space and $$$ requirements. Really have no idea how "multi-property" collectors do it.

Anyone have a fix for the neck staining issue?
There's actual neck staining? It's been discussed a lot that there's no neck staining..and couldn't be due to the inside of the collar being lined (not talking about the paper that's made to be removed). So if everything I've read is wrong, rubbing alcohol would be a good start. 50% to start off at, then 70 & 91 if the others don't work.

Its lint according to most people just wipe it off with qtip and bit of water even.

If its actual staining then yea move up to alcohol. wipe gently. etc.

Back