Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh... uhhhh. This beautiful little girl right here? Yeah. Yeah. [emoji16] Of course...
2ff204bff154eb3d04ae37b670eed592.heic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought my day was good. You got the best day ever!

87faa36e18f89a12d7c6fa59429a8a23.heic
cdbb2f7d8f4ff2a1d20cc3ecfa8ec44c.heic
f5c3c35a702095399720fdea2b599d3b.heic
20c21f519c8839dd80ad41939bf865ae.heic
e25919b12de77b0469e158ed2b2647c2.heic
aed40c8a34d16d37b835e8bcc748822a.heic
ae97de6048c4f18ecd95c1c802f1f83e.heic
7badcb8b19dcddb18ba07ccbf006eca9.heic
b309730ac090abd39c9eb09c4a3facb8.heic

What a figure. Been posing and RE-posing for about an hour now. Color of the robe is fine in person. I'll take more later but for now all I can say is he is worth the wait!

Awesome pics
I really love the hood up pic and blaster in hand pic
Decisions decisions
I may go to bed now so tomorrow gets here quicker

Great shots, guyver and cerealkeller.

It’ll be fun to see all the different photos with this figure once Emperor releases.

Awesome pics
I really love the hood up pic and blaster in hand pic
Decisions decisions
I may go to bed now so tomorrow gets here quicker

That was my "I am Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight and friend of Captain Solo" pose [emoji23] the wait today was agonizing as I had to go into work for awhile unexpectedly so I just kept checking to see if it was delivered on my phone. Luckily I got my neighbor to sign for me.

I told the guy I covered for if I miss my Luke Skywalker dollie he owed me a bottle of whisky. Some people don't understand priorities.

Got him today, great figure in-hand. Not sure what to make of the expression -- a bit odd. But realistically done. Love the details.

Thought I had a little hole in my belt near the buckle -- then realized everyone does. It's a belt hole. Now that's detail. :lol

Straight from box, no futz -- neck wrap still on... body proportions look good, maybe a bit chucky in the middle...

COMP 1.jpg

That stare... those teeth.... it could mean only one thing.... the Rancor!

Luke 5.jpgLuke 1.jpg

Got him today, great figure in-hand. Not sure what to make of the expression -- a bit odd. But realistically done. Love the details.

Thought I had a little hole in my belt near the buckle -- then realized everyone does. It's a belt hole. Now that's detail. :lol

Straight from box, no futz -- neck wrap still on... body proportions look good, maybe a bit chucky in the middle...

View attachment 414942

View attachment 414943View attachment 414944

It is a great figure. To me, the expression looks like the still shot used in a lot RotJ promos of Luke on the sail barge deck with windswept hair. And this figure has magnetic removable hair. Aside from that possibly being used for an Endor speederbike helmet, I feel like this may have possibly had an alternate windswept hair piece. It should have had one.

View attachment 414942

View attachment 414943View attachment 414944

Great pics, Wor. My precise sentiments as well verbatim.

The expression reminds me of this exact scene, when he kicked Vader down the stairs:

041B76B1-88B2-43C8-AB20-FBC808C1B726.jpeg

Though overall, I feel this particular figure/version is best suited for either the tunic or cloak for a Jabba’s Palace or Sail Barge scene, mostly due to the more neutral expression (despite the scene expression I think it best resembles being from DSII), and because of the lack of gloved hands. I actually think the likely Endor figure/version would be better suited for a DSII look because the sculpt has the angry gritted teeth expression to represent when he attacked Vader in a rage, and also because it’ll include a lot more gloved hand options. If that figure ever releases, that parted out gloved hand set sure is going to be highly sought after.

And the neck wrap has to go. It makes him look more like Father Luke than Jedi Luke. :lol

Oh... uhhhh. This beautiful little girl right here? Yeah. Yeah. [emoji16] Of course...
2ff204bff154eb3d04ae37b670eed592.heic

Nice pic and cute as a button! Reminds me of my little one....who is 13 now.

What everyone says is true....it goes by fast.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Got this Luke in the mail Friday!! I do find the fat suit a little bit of an odd choice but it doesn't really bother me all that much! This was the version of Luke I really wanted in 1/6 scale form and he definitely didn't let me down!! Super glad to have him in my collection!! Just posted my video review if anyone wants a closer look at the figure!!! You can check out the review here

Btw
Are we still worried about the robe staining the figure?

That's what I wanted to know too.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Yes! The instructions have a warning on them to not leave the robe on for too long because of staining. Is there anyway to fix that aside from getting a custom robe made? Wash it or something?

It is a great figure. To me, the expression looks like the still shot used in a lot RotJ promos of Luke on the sail barge deck with windswept hair. And this figure has magnetic removable hair. Aside from that possibly being used for an Endor speederbike helmet, I feel like this may have possibly had an alternate windswept hair piece. It should have had one.

Haha, say hello to the 2019 SDCC figure.

Boy oh boy, I sure hope Hot Toys gives us this version. It's the definitive Jedi look for me!
View attachment 414971

lol

I think that scene is pretty cool since it's the first day of shooting ROTJ, and it ended up as a deleted scene. They also had the ESB lightsaber while shooting that scene, and someone said "Hey, didn't you lose that in Empire?" and they had to fish out Alec's prop.

lol

I think that scene is pretty cool since it's the first day of shooting ROTJ, and it ended up as a deleted scene. They also had the ESB lightsaber while shooting that scene, and someone said "Hey, didn't you lose that in Empire?" and they had to fish out Alec's prop.
lol - oh wow. I knew about the first part but not the second. Even though I've known forever that Luke's Jedi saber is a modded Kenobi one..it still looks so completely different to me.

All that is ok... unless you talk about Star Wars.
You know, a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, there was a trilogy running from 1977 to 1983, that was utter perfection.
SFX, audio effects, music, props, costumes, vehicles. Everything was game changing. Script writing was childish for 1977 intellectuals, but at least was solid and intriguing, and remains so to this date.

Star Wars.
Tarn. 1999
(even before, with the Special Editions)

cerebus23: Lucas defied and insulted fans with the Special Editions and with Jar Jar. Maybe something else I am missing?

matticus: bombs do not fall in space. Ships have no inertia in space. There is no sound in space. Everything in SW is cool-looking, but not very realistic. The real problem is not actually the bombs-in-space ********, which is really silly, yep, but it is just the tip of the iceberg. Problem is that there are no creators in Hollywood today. Only accountants. Something similar occured with the prequels: problem was not that they were made with too much green-screening going on (nobody complains about Toy Story having too much CGI, right?). The problem was at the source: the unchallenged, shot-sighted, materialistic attitude installed in some fat bearded Modesto guy's mind. From there, everything was downhill. Nothing of the 70s and 80s talent was left in the 00s (it died to grunge music), let alone today. It is all soul-less millennials sitting on computers and believing they are unprecedentedly creative gods.

**jumps into hyperspace**

m.

EDIT: thanks for the video Iron Koob (hey, you need to re-watch Empire, you just can't have those doubts about Luke's late bar mitzvah gone wrong!).

Man... that sweeping lightsaber thingy... what a great little innovation by Hot Toys..... So simple, so effective. The light effect is just awesome!!!

You lost me when you described the OT as "utter perfection"
You Rose tinted glasses wearing old or middle aged people need help. I love star wars
All of them except TLJ. To be so delusional that you continually manage to over look all of the problems the OT has shows you and others like you have issues. The future star wars discussions will be some much better once all the old people who obviously drank and are still drinking the Kool aid die off or are too busy going to the.bathroom in their adult diapers while in nursing homes. The movies will be actually judged on merit then.

Back