Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My god. TLJ is like an aggressive virus. It even affects the thread about an OT version of Luke the same week people are receiving the figure and the thread should be filled with pictures. Can anything escape TLJ?

Why is Luke’s hair parted on left side in transmission message to Jabba at beginning of ep 6?

Now I need that hair helmet too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

giphy.gif

:duff

Tomorrow mine arrives. I will be doing nothing but checking for the UPS delivery person every five seconds, wondering how fast of a shower I can manage in case it arrives while taking said shower, and having Jedi (Thank you Harmy) on repeat all day.

I’ve never understood why members of the audience (fans) feel entitled to nit-pick so deeply and take films so personally that it dominates their overall experience with life itself. You’re a movie-goer not a movie producer. You’re most likely not involved in the industry at all. Enjoy your movie entertainment and buy some collectibles, if you like. Rate the movie, give it a ranking, share your opinions. Don’t let it dominate your life though. Don’t take it personally. Sure, there’s no sound in space, but I suspend my disbelief and enjoy the sounds of Star Wars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn’t particularly care for TLJ either. :wave

However, I do think a lot of people who utterly loathe the film and characters are criticizing same things about the characters that they seemingly let skate by with the characters in the OT.

I’ve never understood why members of the audience (fans) feel entitled to nit-pick so deeply and take films so personally that it dominates their overall experience with life itself. You’re a movie-goer not a movie producer. You’re most likely not involved in the industry at all. Enjoy your movie entertainment and buy some collectibles, if you like. Rate the movie, give it a ranking, share your opinions. Don’t let it dominate your life though. Don’t take it personally. Sure, there’s no sound in space, but I suspend my disbelief and enjoy the sounds of Star Wars.

:goodpost:

Everybody has their opinion, but it should stay in the movie forums. That's what I get for responding to one!

My wife and I are bringing our newborn baby girl home from the hospital tomorrow! Jedi Luke is also being delivered by UPS tomorrow... Coincidence? Or an alignment in the force? Either way, it’ll be a great day!

My wife and I are bringing our newborn baby girl home from the hospital tomorrow! Jedi Luke is also being delivered by UPS tomorrow... Coincidence? Or an alignment in the force? Either way, it’ll be a great day!

Congrats! The Force is with you and your family!

Congrats, Cicada!!! :clap

My god. TLJ is like an aggressive virus. It even affects the thread about an OT version of Luke the same week people are receiving the figure and the thread should be filled with pictures. Can anything escape TLJ?

This is about the 3rd or fourth time this has happened. The moderator has directed the discussion over to the movie threads, yet here, it just keeps coming back. I'm with you...let's see some photos and talk about the actual figure, which is what this thread is about

I will never understand hey just sit there like a sheep and like whatever slop is fed to you. Or pushed into your brain.

Garbage is garbage and you are paying money to eat, watch, listen to that thing and you sure as hell are entitled to have a opinion when you paid for trash.

People being sheep is partially how the world got in its current state, a bit more thinking and logic would do the entire bloody world good.

By your logic waterworld would be high art because hey its a movie, so is the room and ishtar. they were all bad movies, with terrible writing and meh to awful acting. But you would say hey they gave you a movie you have no right to criticize it? LOL.

Jesus! Can’t we have one thread that doesn’t discuss TLJ? Please? That’s what the movie thread is for.

Can we have one thread that does not degrade into a debate over TLJ? I am personally so sick of hearing the haters being haters. I am sure the haters are sick of us who love TLJ also. That is why there is a thread for that...in the movie section. This is supposed to be about RETURN OF THE JEDI Luke.

That said, The Last Jedi is a big, heartfelt love letter to everything great about Star Wars and made Luke Skywalker an even better character. Take that!!!!! *runs*

:clap

I will never understand hey just sit there like a sheep and like whatever slop is fed to you. Or pushed into your brain.

Garbage is garbage and you are paying money to eat, watch, listen to that thing and you sure as hell are entitled to have a opinion when you paid for trash.

People being sheep is partially how the world got in its current state, a bit more thinking and logic would do the entire bloody world good.

By your logic waterworld would be high art because hey its a movie, so is the room and ishtar. they were all bad movies, with terrible writing and meh to awful acting. But you would say hey they gave you a movie you have no right to criticize it? LOL.

You seemed to have just gone off and ranted considering Cicada's post had pretty much nothing to do with your response.

He basically said not to let movies take over your life. If you don't like (or even hate) a movie, that's chill. It's a movie. A piece of entertainment made for us to enjoy (or not). A way to spend a couple hours of your day.

If you don't like it, don't watch it. If you want to talk about it and say you like it (or dislike it), that's fine too.

But don't let it anger you so deeply that you spend time fuming about it on the internet, getting angry at actual people (cast, crew, random forum peeps) because of a movie. Don't let it bother you so much that you spend time actively getting upset about a film during your day.

He didn't say ANYTHING about the quality of the movie or movies in general in that post. What he was saying regarding the "You're not producers" portion was that it shouldn't be your concern. They have to be concerned with the product because it's their job. You are a consumer.

Getting upset about a movie on a daily basis is just as useful as getting angry about an ice cream flavor you dislike.

Back