Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup...just got the 20th notice. Holy crap I had just talked to support and they said 22nd. Very cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pshh....since when has any 1/6 company mastered the art of the 'three fingers actually gripping on the handle' look? lol - I often look at my figures that are holding pistols and wonder why the hell they sculpt the fingers spread apart from each other..so bizarre. I mean, I know this isn't the case with this figure, but yeah, the handle is definitely too short.

I know what you mean (though I like how the HT Han gloved hands grip his blaster) it's just in addition to it being maybe 10-20% too small overall, it's that the bottom of the handle grip only comes down to his ring finger whereas you can just see the bottom of the grip just below the little finger in that screen pic.

And this is with Luke, a slightly smaller figure/hands, so imagine this pistol in one of those larger DID type hands.

The SSC Luke Snowspeeder came with some ungloved Luke hands that are pretty small, so I may try those.

Doesn’t bother me..the gun used by Luke lasted for about a few seconds on screen anyway , was a far shot at best :lol

I know it's in his hand for a second or two onscreen, but I'm planning on doing the "pointing at Jabba promo shot" as my display pose. I may end up giving him the Hasbro version of that pistol, even though that one's slightly oversized.

Don't know why you want this look..but again, the sure fun I get out of this figure is worth it :lol

I ordered two Luke's, just because of all the different looks. I already had one designated at the DS battle outfit.

The display one I am just trying to get as many of his "things" put to use vs sitting in the box. Was going to do the cloak, vest, belt, and have the saber hang from it. I also wanted to work in the skiff blaster and the battle damaged hand since to me it's just a cool little detail. Just my idea of a hybrid Luke :)

I know what you mean (though I like how the HT Han gloved hands grip his blaster) it's just in addition to it being maybe 10-20% too small overall, it's that the bottom of the handle grip only comes down to his ring finger whereas you can just see the bottom of the grip just below the little finger in that screen pic.

And this is with Luke, a slightly smaller figure/hands, so imagine this pistol in one of those larger DID type hands.

The SSC Luke Snowspeeder came with some ungloved Luke hands that are pretty small, so I may try those.

I know it's in his hand for a second or two onscreen, but I'm planning on doing the "pointing at Jabba promo shot" as my display pose. I may end up giving him the Hasbro version of that pistol, even though that one's slightly oversized.

You can always try the SSC blaster, it’s a bit bigger but the handle is still short

“Payment Processing”

giphy.gif

Both mine are listed in "payment processing" step. I noticed a few people note theirs ships within a day or two. I haven't done much directly with SS, but I thought it usually shipped 10 days or so after last payment...or did I imagine that?

Somebody asked about the SSC outfit

Here is my custom with TT body and SSC outfit

All together

My custom seems taller because I don't have feet in the boots so the legs are squished into the boots a bit raised

Both mine are listed in "payment processing" step. I noticed a few people note theirs ships within a day or two. I haven't done much directly with SS, but I thought it usually shipped 10 days or so after last payment...or did I imagine that?

Mine usually ship out the same day payment is processed

Usually for me, the money gets deducted in the wee hours of the day it’s supposed to get deducted, then it ships out at the end of the day.

Anyone order theirs from Popcultcha? If so, what's the current status of your order?

Only asking to see if now's the right time to order mine.

Unless we somehow let HT know they must be more careful with scale, they will continue putting out not-so-good-looking, underscaled accessories.

To make a mistake like that, with such an iconic item, I guess nobody at HT has cared to actually test the gun. Just sculpt, paint, throw it in, forget.

I was hoping to finally have the perfect rendition of that nice little blaster from the Jabba throne scene... But nope.
This remembers me of the SSC 1/6 Scout Trooper ankle blaster situation...

:-(
m.

HT seems to be really wanting to do weapons and accessories slightly underscaled. This one's not too bad (and not as bad as all the others,) but it's definitely a tad too small overall.:gah: The handle also doesn't quite reach the bottom of the hand.

sDnjmKq.png

Trigger hands I have have all 3 fingers together.
What do you mean "fingers spread apart"?

Companies need to be recalled of these important details. In many instances, the sole thing letting you know you are looking at a figure is the realism in the hands, the way they take the shape of the object being held. If that's not well done, the entire picture loses a lot of realism.
At this price range, at least testing the accessories should be mandatory... Clearly they haven't.

Best,
m.

Pshh....since when has any 1/6 company mastered the art of the 'three fingers actually gripping on the handle' look? lol - I often look at my figures that are holding pistols and wonder why the hell they sculpt the fingers spread apart from each other..so bizarre. I mean, I know this isn't the case with this figure, but yeah, the handle is definitely too short.

Scene is iconic. It has stuck. They know it at HT, that's why they included that accessory and not some other.
m.

Doesn’t bother me..the gun used by Luke lasted for about a few seconds on screen anyway , was a far shot at best :lol

again with the triple posting, you know some forums, especaily ones with multi quote count that as spamming.

So do not buy the figure if your so displeased with it. *rolls eyes*.

Back