Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This figure is truly a beauty and cannot wait my excitement hasent been this big in a while. I'd love to pick up two but I'll wait for the Endor version.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

No. It will not fit. The hair piece on the DX07 is different inside from the Jedi head. The Jedi hair should fit the DX.

Here’s a few shots of my custom Luke with Endor parts.
b38095b40a9f727149581fc2fc68bbc9.jpg

bacce6388b377c604ac53f5af6f3cbc3.jpg

3844b2b8640f83898eb0bfe11b42c7c7.jpg

3ac95407dabd3c6bb00ac036cf301c10.jpg

7e7c44c5bf08bdcf43480db2afd0eeca.jpg

Not bad. I think the SS helmet is a bit oversized but it could work for an unhelmeted hat in hand look.
d8dc5dcd7975d6be2afa5d6eb4e5aeb3.jpg

For anyone lucky enough to have this yet...random question:

Does the blaster fit in the battle damaged hand?

Hey folks, just got my Luke. Honestly, it's incredible in hand. The sculpt is perfect. I haven't messed around with the costume or tried many poses, but here are some quick pics.View attachment 409438View attachment 409440View attachment 409441View attachment 409442View attachment 409443

Rebel, since you own both the Tatooine and Jedi Lukes.

If it wouldnt be too much trouble, could you please take a picture of the Tatooine Luke with the Jedi hairpiece, and the Jedi Luke with the Tatooine hairpieces?

Im trying to build my own Luke figures, and would please like to see how the hairpieces look on the head sculpts that I mentioned above.

Thank you.

Seeing them all lined up like that, I am most pleased with the Jedi figure in terms of the head sculpt. Think it has the best likeness with BD DX07 being a close second, but it’s too scene specific. This will be my only Luke of those three — have had the others though at various times.

This figure is incredible, I wouldn’t change anything about it. The head sculpt is even better in person.

I think Dean Knight is putting up a full review soon, he always has great footage - comments

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know people have been disliking his expression, but I have to be honest I watched ROTJ recently and I have to say Jedi Luke or Hamill for that matter, looked goofy in his expressions like this figure. I think all in all Luke’s hair was to blame, in some scenes it was so messy, in others it just looked ridiculous . And for the most part say Luke talking to Leia at the village his eyes did bulge out a lot and he had this blank stare on his face just like this hs . It’s funny I didn’t notice this until you saw this in HD quality. :lol

What’s my point, I think HT knew exactly this time around, what expression they wanted to use for Jedi Luke as strange as this seems and this case, IMO when you put everything together, this HS, comparing it to his film expressions , I think it looks great.

Maybe I’m reaching, but don’t tell me nobody sees the similarities

Yeah, that's how Hamill looked throughout the saga, with his mouth slightly open. I remember back when Sideshow unveiled their Sixth Scale ANH Luke and I mentioned here that Hamill should've been sculpted with his mouth slightly open and Han with a smirk, Trevor Grove who was a member here seemed to agree, his sculpt for Stormtrooper disguise Luke was sculpted with his mouth slightly open and Han had a smirk, it worked well to capture the characters.

It’s from Jnix, he’s amazing. My point in putting them side by side is to show that Hot Toys finally got a Luke head sculpt right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the likeness on this figure blows the other 1/6 Lukes out of the water. The expression may not be appropriate or flattering for every pose, but it's definitely the best likeness.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Back