Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had some ss point added to my Luke, But Next time I will give BBTS a shot next time. Thanks for the info

I have not bought anything from SS for years.

I stopped after the instituted NRD, I get why, but with the time lapse between preorder and shipping on most items, there's room for changes in my financial status, I don't have so much money as to be able to afford these things and have a safety net for life emergencies, so sometimes, no matter how much I want a collectible, I can't keep an order and need to be able to cancel. I don't preorder things I don't seriously want, and anything I cancel is because, when the time comes to pay, I can't manage it.

Sideshow adopted the NRD because a lot of people seemed to order on a whim, like "ooh something new and shiny" and then cancelled as soon as the next shiny new thing came along, some people use the freedom to cancel responsibly, others not so much and they don't understand that what they're doing causing business issues from the shops their ordering with.

Hamill.jpg

I stopped after the instituted NRD, I get why

Yeah, they use it as a gauge for interest. Without it, you have 500 people (hypothetical) cancel out after they've placed a big order to HT, and thats a $115,000 hit on inventory. Even if 50 people do it, it's over $11,000. You can see where that'd be a problem.

There will be plenty of these , "sold out" or not...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't understand why the likeness on this Luke is very good yet 'a new hope' Luke is so far off. Is this something to do with the rights to use Mark Hamill's likeness?

I don't understand why the likeness on this Luke is very good yet 'a new hope' Luke is so far off. Is this something to do with the rights to use Mark Hamill's likeness?

Hamill looks like a completely different person in each movie iv-vi. I don't know how much of this was due to his car accident or just ageing, but I think it makes it that much harder to get a likeness on a figure everyone agrees is right.

Older actors have historically resulted in superior sculpts, the added features or something about the older faces lend to better likeness capture in figures. Old Luke from TFA looks amazing, as does Han, though I would say, overall, the younger Lukes from HT seem better likenesses than the younger Hans

Older actors have historically resulted in superior sculpts, the added features or something about the older faces lend to better likeness capture in figures. Old Luke from TFA looks amazing, as does Han, though I would say, overall, the younger Lukes from HT seem better likenesses than the younger Hans
I'm not seeing Hamill in the TFA figure but this HT Jedi Luke looks pretty damn close to Hamill to me. I hope beyond hope that the final product looks as good.

I just ordered and was able to subtract $132 because of promo points. After paying the NDR I will only be charged like $75 when this comes out next year. With a few things on pre-order that all come out around the same time next year, I'll appreciate the savings when all these come due. I've been saving my points for Jedi Luke and I am glad to get him ordered.

Check closely as they may not take an NRD since you paid in points. This happened with my snowtrooper recently where I paid the balance as if I hadn't paid the NRD (which they say you will pay in your initial order receipt), I had to dig through my old credit card statements to confirm that I never actually paid the NRD when I ordered. Kind of annoying.

No doubt these will post sideways...
4c63d4ea2ff2389c1ab8953d50e01c43.jpg
c5a660bb3793706f1d2e22060c83d5fa.jpg

Likeness looks pretty good to me.

The likeness is spot on. I know if a HT figure is good if I hear the actors voice and it reminds me of a scene. These pics have me saying "the force is strong in my family, my father had it, I have it, my sister has it".

Hamill looks like a completely different person in each movie iv-vi. I don't know how much of this was due to his car accident or just ageing, but I think it makes it that much harder to get a likeness on a figure everyone agrees is right.

Yeah it's amazing how much his appearance changed from the accident/ageing. The proto for a new hope Luke looked pretty good. I don't know what went wrong along the line for them to end up with a sculpt that looks nothing like him. Oh well at least we have this now.

I just ordered and was able to subtract $132 because of promo points. After paying the NDR I will only be charged like $75 when this comes out next year. With a few things on pre-order that all come out around the same time next year, I'll appreciate the savings when all these come due. I've been saving my points for Jedi Luke and I am glad to get him ordered.

Check closely as they may not take an NRD since you paid in points. This happened with my snowtrooper recently where I paid the balance as if I hadn't paid the NRD (which they say you will pay in your initial order receipt), I had to dig through my old credit card statements to confirm that I never actually paid the NRD when I ordered. Kind of annoying.

Thanks, I'll double check that! :duff

Other than lacking a saber grip gloved hand and Endor gear, I can't imagine a better representation of ROTJ Luke.

Back