Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow will probably take preorders at least until release time. They likely have an open tab with hot toys unlike the other retailers.

Your right the yunsil outfit is better, the boots especially.
Except for the belt I think Hot Toys belt looks way more accurate.
Oh and I think the HT cloak looks better also.

I think the Yunsil belt/outfit was based off of the official studio costumes on display at one of the Star Wars Exhibits.

In terms of the HT cloak being better than Yunsil's... I'm not so sure. Just by looking at the preview pictures, the cloak looks like a hassle to pose on Luke's head and it definitely doesn't drape as well as the Yunsil cloak.

Hot Toys has time to improve on this but then again, Hot Toys isn't known for producing excellent capes/cloaks. The material they use is too flimsy. If anything the material might be similar to the Sideshow Jedi Luke's cloak which was pretty terrible and difficult to pose so that there was a natural drape.

With my nitpicking about the Hot Toys cloak, I still can't wait to receive this figure, if anything all the accessories and an awesome head sculpt make it worthwhile to get. Even for those of us that have the Yunsil set already.

663fcf2790c40758d03c2e116790ff6d.jpg

704b77c5f00fcb33bd07345e6d9fdeea.jpg

f660908bea0998585ab186fcba3f96c5.jpg

b3a9e4c98ee5060f9ff3ca239af3f56c.jpg

c53a8297e824ae404b5ffd9b6414364d.jpg

4b91c645457c2db0db90beb73b931145.jpg

44c389deaf6a854957c5a530fa7fcde1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The color of the HT cloak looks to be more accurate, but the way the hood drapes on yours looks to be more accurate than the HT one.

Sideshow will probably take preorders at least until release time. They likely have an open tab with hot toys unlike the other retailers.

^This. BBTS only gets a small stock and has no NRD so everyone orders there 1st. Seems like SSC does not sellout of normal releases until around the time they ship. HT is not going to leave money on the table with this they will make more than they should.

I guess I'll have to put foot the NRD can't BBTS doesn't like me my fault admittedly...hope it doesn't go to wait list before up that'd be 50000 units at 300 is that be 1.5 mill in less than 24 hours
Disney would have to increase it's licensing fees I fear

Any sites beside BBTS?

I went with Timewalker Toys - No NRD & came out to be $232, shipping included.

Mike made an excellent point about the exposed teeth acting as a piracy prevention of sorts. The fat-cats at Hot Toys have to be seething, knowing that eBay is flooded with crappy K.O. sculpts from their Star Wars line, so this an understandable decision.

The color of the HT cloak looks to be more accurate, but the way the hood drapes on yours looks to be more accurate than the HT one.

It's actually the lighting in my cabinet that makes it look darker on my Yunsil cloak. It looks a lot lighter in hand to be honest.

Here's a quick cell phone pic with the lights turned on.

4171ca449b3dcf44fff152e1930d6493.jpg

Maybe Hot Toys will decide to put a wire on the hooded portion of the cloak to make it more poseable or possibly change the material of the cloak?

Either way i think it'll be a great addition to anyone's collection that wants to upgrade their Sideshow Jedi Luke or even add a great representation of Luke Skywalker in RoTJ

It's actually the lighting in my cabinet that makes it look darker on my Yunsil cloak. It looks a lot lighter in hand to be honest.

Here's a quick cell phone pic with the lights turned on.

4171ca449b3dcf44fff152e1930d6493.jpg

Maybe Hot Toys will decide to put a wire on the hooded portion of the cloak to make it more poseable or possibly change the material of the cloak?

Either way i think it'll be a great addition to anyone's collection that wants to upgrade their Sideshow Jedi Luke or even add a great representation of Luke Skywalker in RoTJ

Ah ok, yes that looks lighter in color and more accurate than it initially did.

My first inclination would be to guess the material they'll likely use will be the same material they used for Obi-Wan's cloak with the ANH line. It was pretty lightweight and thin, so perhaps that'll give it a more natural drape.

Either way, like you, I personally plan on displaying him in his DS look with the saber out.

Ah ok, yes that looks lighter in color and more accurate than it initially did.

My first inclination would be to guess the material they'll likely use will be the same material they used for Obi-Wan's cloak with the ANH line. It was pretty lightweight and thin, so perhaps that'll give it a more natural drape.

Either way, like you, I personally plan on displaying him in his DS look with the saber out.

I'm hoping they DON'T use the same material as their obi wan cloak. It's too thin for the hooded look to properly drape over the head.
Do you have that figure? Im curious how others have been futzing with their obi wan hood draped over his head. It's such a pain.
Maybe I'm being too overly critical and sometimes the final product differs from the prototype pictures. Time to start the countdown clock until this figure is released [emoji935]

286d4f1139bd92201a124f36242e47e8.jpg

Pulled the trigger with my local hobby shop... now the painful part... the wait.

I'm happy with what I see now but hopefully they'll be able to improve on the following before they are shipped:

1. more gloved hands
2. rancor pit bone
3. tweek head sculpt - not really digging the teeth...
4. Endor gear

I"m curious everybody mentioning bbt sold out ,but sideshow still shows available. What is so superior about bbts ?

can Yunsil make aditional cloaks?

I think his cloak is superior to HT, clearly.

No she confirmed no more sets could be made for a good while due to workload/how the team work.

Additionally only full sets could be made so as to be fair on those who supported the first run.

Back