Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It wasn't that long ago that figures were around $200-220 standard, shipping was a flat $10, and Sideshow issued a $20 off coupon code to everyone every single month.

ben before the dark times.jpg

Has anyone else encountered a display base that does not have the two notches cut out for the back piece to attach? There is an outline of the notches on the bottom of the base, but it looks like the factory didn’t finish the job. Is this something that can be fixed?

I don't really understand the problem; can't they just use an exacto knife and cut the rectangle out? Or am I missing something for what the issue is.

Has anyone purchased this V1 recently? Someone on FB posted theirs and it looks like they shipped him the V2 slimmer suit without the fat suit underneath. Can anyone confirm?

So, I wanna get this one or the Endor version. I was hoping that this one would be easier/cheaper now that the other one is released... but it doesn?t really look like it?
Anyone have a clue where to get ether one for a good price in Europe?

Not really a good price but Myth Factory has Dx for PO at €300. Hk sellers might have better deals though.

As much as I thought this one would be enough, I caved and ordered the deluxe. It's Luke Skywalker!

This one is really good, but it will be cool to have alternatives for display.

One more look at this guy...

HT-ROTJ-LUKE-024.jpg

Besides the accessories, the only differences are no fat suit and the deluxe portraits eyes looking to the side? Going to have to pick up one of these two, and I have the option to get the regular for just around $100 mib.

Besides the accessories, the only differences are no fat suit and the deluxe portraits eyes looking to the side? Going to have to pick up one of these two, and I have the option to get the regular for just around $100 mib.

It does have a fat-suit/padding, just a different design to the original Luke Jedi release.

The tailoring is far superior on the V2 black costume. It way more accurately resembles Hamill's proportions in the final duel. Well worth the extra cost if you want the Death Star look in my opinion.

I have both and the new is much better. I have the Endor poncho and helmet on old one and it looks good that way. Don’t notice the fat suit with poncho on.

Justin did a good side by side here.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D69YMVTpWD8

The difference is pretty obvious.

Start at about 6:10 for the comparison.

Both figures have the same outfit and body, and both have fatsuits, but they are totally different fatsuits.

The key change that makes the V.2 torso seem thinner from the side view (that he shows) was that the new fatsuit is precisely cut all the way around the body's pectoral "bulges" (the V.1 fatsuit didn't do that quite as accurately so pushed the chest out) so in the V.2 there's nothing to puff the chest out.

The V.2 fatsuit also did away with the "padded girdle" - the first release had a rectangular pad that bulked up the belly area (all the way around, and from waist up to underarms) - and also leg padding. The V.2 fatsuit just has a thin crepe material over the arms and legs, no actual padding.

I didn't think HT would retailor the entire suit. But many people seem to think the suit is completely retailored.

When that guy in the video takes off the vest at the end you can see the shirt is ill-fitting in the same places as the V.1. If they had shortened the shoulder seams a bit and snugged it up in the under-the-shoulders area it would have made a world of difference. The underlying body proportions are good but the shirt is just too baggy in the torso and broad in the shoulders for it.

The V.2 in that video in throne room mode actually looks slightly wonky, mostly due to the legs looking like twigs from cutting the leg padding, even if the torso is slightly less bulky vs V.1 due to the new cut of the fatsuit.

I know he probably hasn't really futzed much but from the back (when he spins it) that fig in the vid looks kinda bad - too-skinny legs, bulky upper torso, seams drooping from the points of the shoulders, baggy arm sleeves.

Well, I stand corrected.

You must have disassembled a figure. Thanks for the information. I wouldn't be bold enough to strip one of these down considering how fragile and easily damaged the materials are on these figures. That's why I hope reviews will help with how they are put together. I try to futz them the best I can for display and snap shots. No claims to be an expert here.

I'll see for myself next week. Hopefully the deluxe will look better to me in person.

The v2 is a million times better, in terms of looking like hamill in rotj, physique wise. I put the Endor gear on chubby luke and it looks great. Also, the angry sculpt is way better in person.

Back