1/6 Hot Toys MMS351 Captain America: Civil War The Winter Soldier Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like how these statuses exist now ... if only they showed up in preorders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You want to be alerted if an item you've preordered is low in stock? Any reason why? Seems redundant- you've already got the item.

You want to be alerted if an item you've preordered is low in stock? Any reason why? Seems redundant- you've already got the item.

It only seems to show items that are in stock are low, not items that are just preorders is what I mean.

Got way to nervous Bucky was about to waitlist since he is sold out just about everywhere else so I put in my pre-order from SS this evening!! Quite excited for this figure!!

Got way to nervous Bucky was about to waitlist since he is sold out just about everywhere else so I put in my pre-order from SS this evening!! Quite excited for this figure!!
It's up on Midtown Comics. 8% off too.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Shipping sucks though, I think getting the RP and flat shipping from SSC would be a better value, at least to my location.

I like how these statuses exist now ... if only they showed up in preorders.

They used to be around for a long time, then there was the whole scam/trap where they put it up on the WS Cap set, a lot of people pre-ordered it, and then shortly after, it was available again. A lot of people were upset over that and probably why it disappeared for a good while. Hopefully it is accurate now, because I too appreciate knowing what is about to sell out. Helps make planning purchases with coupons a bit easier.

They used to be around for a long time, then there was the whole scam/trap where they put it up on the WS Cap set, a lot of people pre-ordered it, and then shortly after, it was available again. A lot of people were upset over that and probably why it disappeared for a good while. Hopefully it is accurate now, because I too appreciate knowing what is about to sell out. Helps make planning purchases with coupons a bit easier.

Ah interesting. That must have happened just before my time.

Before my time too, but SSC e-mailed me re a shipment about port issues and "stuff coming in batches" and their staff isn't all that big. So at times I think it's just not being able to stay on top of it all AND automated system - like why did it seem to take "the system" DAYS to "calculate shipping" and paid-for orders hang up "processing" and you don't even know what that means? Tho SSC has been great when contact them, so far.

But other stuff is out the door the next day, no problem:rolleyes:? Anyway am guessing a certain amount of any fig is ordered by SSC, BBTS, etc. and HT has some sort of limit on manufacture - and SSC CW Hawkeye just sold out, BW gone, Bucky PO sold out at BBTS for a while, glad I ordered him early...
Another proto pic:love - that *gleaming* arm! LOL I've had to stare at proto pics to convince myself the fig will actually exist one day....:lol

HT_Buckyfigspring2016.jpg

~ year-long wait. But looks like HT knocked it out of the park w. Cap and Bucky.:love

View attachment 308065

~ year-long wait. But looks like HT knocked it out of the park w. Cap and Bucky.:love
Hellooo~ beautiful. *__*

I kinda wish I didn't see that pic ... makes me want HT to release him immediately ... T_T That arm really looks much nicer than the first WS's. Although, I never really minded that one like many others.

He's gonna look great next to Cap, I'm sure. I already got some nice display ideas for which I'll have to move some of my figures to other shelves but since HT are taking their sweet time with Buck, I'll have time ... no need to rush. XD

Hellooo~ beautiful. *__*

I know, right? It's gonna be like mini-Bucky/Caps on the shelf.

That arm really looks much nicer than the first WS's. Although, I never really minded that one like many others.

Never bothered me - WS arm kind of gleams, and the way light falls changes the way stuff looks. Plus, reading about painting a chrome effect - it's not so easy I guess. Layer of black paint then more layers of chrome/silver paint and even then I guess it can be difficult to get it right.

He's gonna look great next to Cap, I'm sure. I already got some nice display ideas for which I'll have to move some of my figures to other shelves but since HT are taking their sweet time with Buck, I'll have time ... no need to rush.

For sure! I'm still deciding on a background image, for weeks. Meanwhile, tripped over a vid - more IS 1/10 poly CW, put the link in Dr. Strange Statue thread - but something else to make room for, maybe...

Bucky_trio1-10.jpg

LOL Bucky is channeling IM pose:cool:, tho maybe room to make a 1/10 shield for him. And fix that hairline. And maybe the nose. Anyway another thing to consider, maybe next year, tho these IS 1/10s seem to have gone up in cost:horror. At least (in theory LOL:impatient:) we'll have HT's (apparently) SA version.:thud:

I know, right? It's gonna be like mini-Bucky/Caps on the shelf.

Never bothered me - WS arm kind of gleams, and the way light falls changes the way stuff looks. Plus, reading about painting a chrome effect - it's not so easy I guess. Layer of black paint then more layers of chrome/silver paint and even then I guess it can be difficult to get it right.

For sure! I'm still deciding on a background image, for weeks. Meanwhile, tripped over a vid - more IS 1/10 poly CW, put the link in Dr. Strange Statue thread - but something else to make room for, maybe...

View attachment 308104

LOL Bucky is channeling IM pose:cool:, tho maybe room to make a 1/10 shield for him. And fix that hairline. And maybe the nose. Anyway another thing to consider, maybe next year, tho these IS 1/10s seem to have gone up in cost:horror. At least (in theory LOL:impatient:) we'll have HT's (apparently) SA version.:thud:
Oh damn!! I was looking for that 1/10 IS Buck all weekend! where'd you find them? Are there more pics? Most likely gonna get him, Cap and Falcon if they look good. *_* Falcon looks nice so far.

Edit: Just saw the video you linked in the Strange thread. They look good so far. :) Definitely the better choice for me than the 1/4 versions.

Oh damn!! I was looking for that 1/10 IS Buck all weekend! where'd you find them? Are there more pics? Most likely gonna get him, Cap and Falcon if they look good. *_* Falcon looks nice so far.

Edit: Just saw the video you linked in the Strange thread. They look good so far. :) Definitely the better choice for me than the 1/4 versions.

Was looking for more pics of 1/4 IS Bucky and forlornly for any *leaked* pics of HT Bucky:lol - no dice on either but you never know:cool:. Since I PO'd the IS Bucky I'd like to know ahead of time what he looks like, past the PR store pics. Had no idea about the 1:10 CW Cap and Bucky so that was a shock, LOL. I'll put up any images if I find any more.

Definitely 1:10 and 1:6 are options. It's not just the size, there's that price tag. Gets to the point I'm making choices - Buck and Cap always win. But doubt I can EVER afford this XM piece even if it ever gets made re XM prices:horror:

XM_Bucky.jpg

I'm looking forward to having all my 2016 POs in hand, paid for, and can sit back and watch upcoming Marvel movies w.out worrying about all the figures I am gonna want - I don't think I'd be getting anything from this year's Marvel films. I think.:cool:

That proto pic is the same prototype that we've always seen, isn't it? Nothing's changed? It doesn't seem so, from the likeness. :dunno

I think the warnings are just for items that are in stock and shipping. Have yet to see it for anything on preorder ... that would've been helpful.

There were Low Stock notifications on HT Loki v1.0 a few years ago. Loki flipped in and out of Low Stock status, for days maybe even weeks as SSC "recounted." Some people got super annoyed at what they saw as SSC manipulating people into going ahead and placing orders. In this case it worked, that Loki version sold out.

The only reason I as a buyer care about Low Stock notifications is that it validates: 1. other people loved the character/figure too, which is nice and 2. I have great taste! I must, everyone else is buying this and great minds think alike, right? 3. My figure will be more valuable if he sells out. I don't resell figures, but its always a feather in one's cap to own a sought-after collectible.

I'm rather sad I missed Bucky v1.0, but I'll have this one and any future ones.

p.s. EXTREMELY bummed to have missed IS 1/10th Winter Soldier. I'd really like to have that, damn it.

That proto pic is the same prototype that we've always seen, isn't it? Nothing's changed? It doesn't seem so, from the likeness. :dunno

Pics are from reveals at cons/toy fairs/stores early this year. HOPE no changes were done w. portrait - guess some folks time to time say HT has changed a fig from proto:horror, but not seeing it w. any of CW stuff.

On the other hand, slipping an accessory like a scratched shield in at the last moment would be nice.:lol

There were Low Stock notifications on HT Loki v1.0 a few years ago. Loki flipped in and out of Low Stock status, for days maybe even weeks as SSC "recounted." Some people got super annoyed at what they saw as SSC manipulating people into going ahead and placing orders. In this case it worked, that Loki version sold out.

The only reason I as a buyer care about Low Stock notifications is that it validates: 1. other people loved the character/figure too, which is nice and 2. I have great taste! I must, everyone else is buying this and great minds think alike, right? 3. My figure will be more valuable if he sells out. I don't resell figures, but its always a feather in one's cap to own a sought-after collectible.

I'm rather sad I missed Bucky v1.0, but I'll have this one and any future ones.

p.s. EXTREMELY bummed to have missed IS 1/10th Winter Soldier. I'd really like to have that, damn it.

Selfishly I'd like to see lots of stock until I have my stuff safely in hand:devil. Spent too much time on statue forums where a replacement is needed and none to be had, and all SSC can do is refund.

Good condition Buckys turn up on e-bay time to time, w. decent price. Some fellow collectors really take good care and/or just check fig and re-box. Now I'm looking for an IS 1/10 WS too *meh* but that may take a while, and the few I've seen are so marked up it's insane:horror.

I feel ya. I'm hunting for that one since the beginning of 2016 and he literally disappeared. XD I can't even find him on Mercado Livre ...

Back