1/6 Hot Toys MMS351 Captain America: Civil War The Winter Soldier Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems like HT is having production issues. They were flying out the door for awhile there but I noticed a dip in quality control. Delays are common in this hobby. If I had to speculate I'd say maybe the chrome on the arm is problematic, assuming they're trying to improve on the last one. We haven't scene a side by side picture have we? To compare the chrome?

Seems like HT is having production issues. They were flying out the door for awhile there but I noticed a dip in quality control. Delays are common in this hobby. If I had to speculate I'd say maybe the chrome on the arm is problematic, assuming they're trying to improve on the last one. We haven't scene a side by side picture have we? To compare the chrome?

I just like torturing myself:cool:. A couple of You-Tube PROTOTYPE shots from early this year w. WS:

2Buckys.jpg

Bucky_rifle.jpg

Cap_Bucky.jpg

Hafta say tho, for me, while cost is a problem, taking a close look at Bucky's jacket and OMG the details. That's a lot of seams. And that's some detailed rifle which I hope nice Freaks will say what that is? And Cap seems like a positive bargain all things considered. These are gorgeous figs w. terrific sculpts IMO .:love

Bucky still has the matte grey joint some folks didn't like, but IMO any paint there would just get scraped off. CW Bucky's arm looks shinier but for me - I try to keep strong light off my figs so for me the WS arm views just fine in more shadowed displays *shrug*.

And the CW sculpted hair is a marvel (no pun intended). That's the way to do sculpted hair w. fine detail (I prefer GOOD rooted for some figs, but not always so easy to pull off). Now if HT will just follow through and we get what the proto looks like.:impatient:

Where did you get that HT was having production issues? Do you have a source other than your rear end?

I'll wait for this one as long as it takes. I'll sit here and stare at my TWS Buck and wait patiently to finally be able to switch the head for the masked sculpt like I had intended to when I originally bought him. He's gonna look fabulous. :panic:

This gives me the impression that they want us to cancel our preorders. Well, too bad. I am not cancelling.

Just gave me the impression from SSC that their system isn't as efficient as like Amazon's. Wanted to pay off a PO and that order was "processing" for 3 days and had to open a chat. I got 2 e-mails re Bucky delay. From payment to shipping they seem a bit slow. *Shrug* but SSC seems nice when I deal w. them and no real complaints so far.

The new WS head sculpt is so many miles above the original, it's not even a contest lol.

I actually love the originals - IMO the masked sculpt is amazing and the eye grease sculpt could be better but w. all the black doesn't matter. But LOL doing a masked/overpainted sculpt is cheating a bit:lol - you are only doing 1/2 face.

The Bucky sculpt looks off the charts:love - no way I'd cancel my CW POs. Just hope my "expected arrival Dec-Jan-Feb" payments end up being staggered some and the CC isn't hit all at once for everything.:horror Still not cancelling tho.:cool:

I'll wait for this one as long as it takes. I'll sit here and stare at my TWS Buck and wait patiently to finally be able to switch the head for the masked sculpt like I had intended to when I originally bought him. He's gonna look fabulous. :panic:

Next year will be fun, hope the AC Play Bucky fig finally shows up (think I saw an April arrival date on that one someplace?) and I can source some xtra Bucky heads and a Stealth Cap set and work on my displays/accessories/backgrounds. Like sourcing a motorcycle.

Next year will be fun, hope the AC Play Bucky fig finally shows up (think I saw an April arrival date on that one someplace?) and I can source some xtra Bucky heads and a Stealth Cap set and work on my displays/accessories/backgrounds. Like sourcing a motorcycle.
Yeah, I need an extra CW Buck head for the ACPlay figure too. ^^ That rooted hair is just horrible. I haven't even thought about how to display that one. A motorbike sure would be nice but I already got my WWII Harley so one is enough. ^^ He's definitely gonna keep civvie Steve company ... hmmm~~ maybe civvie Wanda will join them as well. :3

While I'm one of those that acutally like the smokey eye head sculpt of the first Winter Soldier, I can't ignore what an improvement the new head sculpt is. Much better likeness for sure, at least judging from the pics. I just wish we'd get him already. T_T The wait isn't good for me. I had to resort to drastic measures and bought 3 Winter Soldier Tsums ... 4 if you count the unbelievable rare plush ... I thought Disney loved to earn money, why don't they reproduce that thing? It has literally vanished from all shops worldwide ...

Why on earth would they want us to cancel our preorders????

I dunno..... but when I get a bunch of emails telling me something's delayed, with prompts to adjust my preorder as needed, I start wondering very hard. The more of us cancel, the fewer they can get away with making.

What do I know.

I had to resort to drastic measures and bought 3 Winter Soldier Tsums ... 4 if you count the unbelievable rare plush ... [/SIZE]

Are those the 3 different sized plastic ones, Trash? When I was in the states in August I managed to track down one pack at Target that had the mini version of him :rotfl He's now sitting on top of my Falcon and Winter plush tsum tsums, he is their child :lol

And that's some detailed rifle which I hope nice Freaks will say what that is?

Bucky is armed with an M249 Para SAW. Fun fact, that machine gun is typically belt fed with anywhere from 100-200 rounds in a pouch attached to the bottom, but it can use standard AR-15 magazines on the left side like they had him do in the movie. I'm looking forward to this one as I sold my Winter Soldier Bucky. The new headsculpt and improved paint on the arm of this version won me over!

Are those the 3 different sized plastic ones, Trash? When I was in the states in August I managed to track down one pack at Target that had the mini version of him :rotfl He's now sitting on top of my Falcon and Winter plush tsum tsums, he is their child :lol
Haha yeah I got a set of all 3 plastic ones, tiny to big. ^^ You can't get those here so I had to order them online. That damn plush is so expensive now. -__- Apparently it was available at some point in EU Disney Stores but has been gone since I first checked. ;_; There are so many people looking to get one, it's unbelievable. Never seen a Falcon tbh. I was just so happy to have found a reasonably priced medium Cap but now I want a medium Buck. XD

Haha yeah I got a set of all 3 plastic ones, tiny to big. ^^ You can't get those here so I had to order them online. That damn plush is so expensive now. -__- Apparently it was available at some point in EU Disney Stores but has been gone since I first checked. ;_; There are so many people looking to get one, it's unbelievable. Never seen a Falcon tbh. I was just so happy to have found a reasonably priced medium Cap but now I want a medium Buck. XD

Nice!! I want the medium and big sized ones too. Hahaha is it really? :lol Yeah that's how I got mine, a friend in the UK bought him for me and sent him to NZ :lol I want to buy the medium/large sized Cap and Buck, but we don't have a Disney store in New Zealand so I need to wait until I go over to the US again :lol

Yeah, I need an extra CW Buck head for the ACPlay figure too. ^^ That rooted hair is just horrible. I haven't even thought about how to display that one. A motorbike sure would be nice but I already got my WWII Harley so one is enough. ^^ He's definitely gonna keep civvie Steve company ... hmmm~~ maybe civvie Wanda will join them as well. :3

While I'm one of those that acutally like the smokey eye head sculpt of the first Winter Soldier, I can't ignore what an improvement the new head sculpt is. Much better likeness for sure, at least judging from the pics. I just wish we'd get him already. T_T The wait isn't good for me. I had to resort to drastic measures and bought 3 Winter Soldier Tsums ... 4 if you count the unbelievable rare plush ... I thought Disney loved to earn money, why don't they reproduce that thing? It has literally vanished from all shops worldwide ...

I like the smoky eye WS as well - but looks like the new sculpt is just unbelievable:love. Drastic measures you say? Ha! I'm sliding down that slippery slope of "gee, I'm still thinking about that IS poly, and I was one of the ones nit-picking, but *&^% pose is so dynamic and it's 1/4 scale *&^% BUCKY and there'll probably never be anything like that again and where am I supposed to get the cash for that???!!!!" LOL:cool: Guess I may be getting HT Finn and Kylo later than sooner - oh, well:lol Meanwhile - don't have the tsum tsums:( - I went Funko w. Cap, Bucky, BP, and IM to tide me over.:lol

I like rooted hair, but the AC fig *cough*. But it WAS cheaper, and since I am a twisted person who just loves the Bucky/Cap apartment stair fight - get lots of joy out of it, from the complex choreography, to the looks between Cap and Bucky, to Bucky pounding that poor guy's head into a wall (well, at least Bucky didn't KILL anyone, just handed out a lot of concussions and they shouldn't have been BOTHERING poor Bucky in the first place) - well, anyway, I think doing a wall background/stairs w. Cap and civvie Bucky is do-able for display. If I can't get a bike for civvie Bucky that at least looks close to the movie Harley. Your Cap + motorcycle looks amazing!:clap

Found a blog w. the REAL CW Cap/Bucky costumes on display, OMG I could totally wear the WS stuff - except for the arm:lol. Hafta say looks like HT is doing an amazing job by comparing the real thing...
https://hollywoodmoviecostumesandprops.blogspot.com/2016/04/captain-america-civil-war-movie.html

Bucky is armed with an M249 Para SAW. Fun fact, that machine gun is typically belt fed with anywhere from 100-200 rounds in a pouch attached to the bottom, but it can use standard AR-15 magazines on the left side like they had him do in the movie. I'm looking forward to this one as I sold my Winter Soldier Bucky. The new headsculpt and improved paint on the arm of this version won me over!

Hey, thank you for that info!:) - the magazine was so big/obvious I wanted to look it up and see how many rounds it actually holds - just curious, learning all kinds of things as a newbie collector:cool:

Nice!! I want the medium and big sized ones too. Hahaha is it really? :lol Yeah that's how I got mine, a friend in the UK bought him for me and sent him to NZ :lol I want to buy the medium/large sized Cap and Buck, but we don't have a Disney store in New Zealand so I need to wait until I go over to the US again :lol
Yeah, we don't have a Disney Store here either so all I can do is check the bay or other sites. I wanted to get the large Cap tsum plush but it is sold out in all EU shops as well as in Japan. The only Disney Store that still has it is the US one and that's asking $36 shipping to me ... like that the tsum will cost me like 60€. :/ A bit ridiculous ... well, it's probably for the best. My bf would bully it. So far I've managed to keep medium Cap tsum save. Except that one time I had to put him in the freezer. Don't worry, didn't wait 66 years to get him out. XD

A friend in the UK tried to get the Bucky tsum plush for me but it was gone too fast and somehow Disney doesn't restock it. ;___; oh well ... at least I got it now even though I paid much more ..

I like the smoky eye WS as well - but looks like the new sculpt is just unbelievable:love. Drastic measures you say? Ha! I'm sliding down that slippery slope of "gee, I'm still thinking about that IS poly, and I was one of the ones nit-picking, but *&^% pose is so dynamic and it's 1/4 scale *&^% BUCKY and there'll probably never be anything like that again and where am I supposed to get the cash for that???!!!!" LOL:cool: Guess I may be getting HT Finn and Kylo later than sooner - oh, well:lol Meanwhile - don't have the tsum tsums:( - I went Funko w. Cap, Bucky, BP, and IM to tide me over.:lol
I think I'm actually gonna miss the smokey eye head sculpt ... :( But let's see, maybe I won't even get the masked head on. Gotta have to use a hair dryer. :/

I've decided to cancel the IS Buck. :( The quality issues with their Spider-Man kinda put me off so yay, more money for other things! Hm, I don't like Funkos tbh. XD Kinda look weird to me haha. I went with the Cosbabies. :3 Currently waiting on my exclusive Stevie.

Back