1/6 Hot Toys MMS351 Captain America: Civil War The Winter Soldier Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always forget that some countries have the Cap movies under a different title. Haha I always thought it had such a silly reason. Would Captain Britain be any different if he was brought to screen?

I always forget that some countries have the Cap movies under a different title. Haha I always thought it had such a silly reason. Would Captain Britain be any different if he was brought to screen?
Haha I checked IMDB and we're really the only country that doesn't have "Captain America" in the titles of his movies. ^^""
I think it has a lot to do with people here not being overly fond of patriotism and well, it's one of the things the Americans are famous for. So when you read "Captain America" you pretty much expect a movie about the perfect patriotic american soldier with all the clichés. You expect self-adulation and that's not really how you get people here to the movies. ^^
"Captain Britain", huh? It's silly but I really think people'd be less likely to boycott the movie even though it's really not much different.

Haha, crazy right?
But seriously, I know a lot of people who still think Cap is boring and bland (my bf for one). I mean, consider this: The Cap movies aren't named "Captain America" here in Germany. Instead, their official names are "The First Avenger", "The Return Of The First Avenger" and "The First Avenger: Civil War". Why? Because most people here have no interest in watching a movie about a character that's called Captain America, especially not a few years ago. My bf for example would have never watched Civil War with me if he hadn't believed it to be an Avengers movie due to the title. Sad but true.

I wish I could just get Steve and Buck from other shops but everything from outside the EU will most likely cost me even more due to custom fees and import taxes, so I choose to save money and spend it on other figures. -__-

Haha, crazy right?
But seriously, I know a lot of people who still think Cap is boring and bland (my bf for one). I mean, consider this: The Cap movies aren't named "Captain America" here in Germany. Instead, their official names are "The First Avenger", "The Return Of The First Avenger" and "The First Avenger: Civil War". Why? Because most people here have no interest in watching a movie about a character that's called Captain America, especially not a few years ago. My bf for example would have never watched Civil War with me if he hadn't believed it to be an Avengers movie due to the title. Sad but true.

I wish I could just get Steve and Buck from other shops but everything from outside the EU will most likely cost me even more due to custom fees and import taxes, so I choose to save money and spend it on other figures. -__-

Funny thing for me is, not are TFA (along w. WS) an amazing films - Cap REALLY grabbed me in CW:love, not JUST because of his loyalty to a friend - but IMO seems like he's the only one really SEEING things - e.g., at the end of the day, Bucky HAD been captured, drugged, tortured - Cap found him like that. That seems like Cap is the only one seeing the big picture re those 5 more super-soldiers and IMO it's Cap's "old-fashioned-ness" that helps him keep his head. Like it's said in TFA, Cap is a GOOD man. He doesn't take Tony's head off at the end of CW w. that shield either. So CA over 3-4 films for went from "what? zzzzzzz...show me more of that murder strut - you work it, baby!:lol" to the "special shelf space". Plus CA kicks major a**. Plus that CW helicopter scene lets me know the world is, indeed, a beautiful place - thank you, Russo brothers, Sebastian, and Chris E.:cool:

I do feel bad re the fees/shipping folks get stuck with:( - shipping has REALLY gone up - even in the U.S. re a poly I bought early this year the shipping had doubled from the year before:(. International stuff really has to be something I want and some of the posted E-bay ship costs IMO are just rip-offs.

That said *wheee*:blissy I'm waiting on a sourced WS #2 now $$$$. Like Cap, I made a choice - grab a WS fig you just love, love at a *decent* price or pick up something new just to sort of fill out the Avengers. Bucky won. Have no regrets:devil (sorry, SW - you're awesome, maybe next year....esp. if there are some after-holiday sales). So while I'm waiting on CW Bucky I can amuse myself with all of the WS options. Trying to decide w. one fig was getting on my nerves re display - mask or unmasked? Knives or guns? Museum pose or "action pose"? - aw, *&^% it, just have two....that's happening w. CA too $$$.

But I really don't like switching heads and some things, too afraid of damage. HT must love folks like me.:cool:

Fellow SSF, can you please stop posting in this thread until the figure is released? Every time I see a new post in it, you're getting my hopes up that it's a post stating that he's been released in HK. :lol

Well, yeah.
:cool:

Fellow SSF, can you please stop posting in this thread until the figure is released? Every time I see a new post in it, you're getting my hopes up that it's a post stating that he's been released in HK. :lol

Guilty:cool:. Just too excited:cool: 'coz I think this release looks amazing (even if it doesn't come with a lot), along w. Cap:love. And at least IMO Bucky and Falcon supposedly will drop by December, but SS has BP stretching maybe to January, maybe:(.

I'd rather HT take their time and do their amazing paint work. No-one wants a WS w. a missing star:horror etc. But every week it's hoping that notice from SS shows up.:impatient:

Well, yeah.
:cool:

Guilty:cool:. Just too excited:cool: 'coz I think this release looks amazing (even if it doesn't come with a lot), along w. Cap:love. And at least IMO Bucky and Falcon supposedly will drop by December, but SS has BP stretching maybe to January, maybe:(.

I'd rather HT take their time and do their amazing paint work. No-one wants a WS w. a missing star:horror etc. But every week it's hoping that notice from SS shows up.:impatient:

Yeah, I'm all for HT taking extra time on a piece if it means it'll be done correctly.

Well, it'll be released in HK before you see a notice from SSC. You'll be able to find out through HT's Facebook page and through here when it releases in HK. From there, it's a matter of waiting from a two week notice from SSC.

At least you'll know he's released though in HK. That's what I'm waiting to hear.

I always just check the hot toys Facebook page prior to coming here.. That way if this thread has been bumped up, I have a better understanding as to what to expect.

The short version is, with all due respect: Nope.

:wink1:

We are not scheduled for the last Flex until December 20. I would not be expecting anything official much before that, barring a miracle.

Plastic Enemies just posted this but I believe this is a teaser for Bucky...I'm not sure though. I just see a fuzzy black and white photo and all I think is frozen Bucky. :p

I hope it's him, though!

eca4c678fac1aafaa03fc4cd1905192c.jpg

Plastic Enemies just posted this but I believe this is a teaser for Bucky...I'm not sure though. I just see a fuzzy black and white photo and all I think is frozen Bucky. :p

I hope it's him, though!

eca4c678fac1aafaa03fc4cd1905192c.jpg

God I hope so! But the people on the Plastic Enemies page seem to think it's another Iron Man. :gah::monkey4

Yeah people have pointed out that it's Sneaky

God damn it, I completely forgot that they haven't done all the IM3 armors yet. XD

Can someone send Tony on vacation so he stops making armor so we can get other HTs released for once? :rotfl

Another IM first? Really?! goddamnit ...

Come on! I want my Bucky! ;__;

Me too!! :gah: I really don't understand why he's taking so long. The only thing I can think of is maybe they're trying to figure out a way to give him a removable metal arm? :rotfl But other than that, I don't see the hold up =/

Well, considering that Bucky is not in the new "Upcoming Releases" picture, I highly doubt we will see him
this year. Maybe in late December, but there are nine releases in that pic, and if they did one a week,
that finishes up our year at Secret Base.

Me too!! :gah: I really don't understand why he's taking so long. The only thing I can think of is maybe they're trying to figure out a way to give him a removable metal arm? :rotfl But other than that, I don't see the hold up =/

Okay. THAT would be awesome. Imagine if he also came with a battle damaged arm you could switch out.

Back