1/6 Hot Toys MMS351 Captain America: Civil War The Winter Soldier Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is he?! I thought he was waitlisted and as I'm late with all this, figured it would not convert if I tried. Let me go look, craaaapppp. Gonna need him need him too then.

You were probably looking at the exclusive battling version. Regular version is still up for grabs.

Received notice that 06/20 is my first flex for CW WS. Can't wait!!

In other news, took delivery on the Barrett sniper rifle the other day - look, I don't care that its not in this film! Not only bad guys use this rifle! it is gorgeous! And very impressive, even in 1/6 scale. It has the wrong muzzle flash suppressor compared to the iconic TWS movie poster, but I can overlook this detail.

Gorgeous and I cant wait for this guy.

Well, delays from HT are the norm not the exception. I am really, really surprised we are not hearing about a delay for CW Cap.

Actually delays from sideshow are the norm. Very few things actually get delayed by hot toys. Just as many things have been released early as have been delayed in the last year. Hawkeye, black widow and Cap where all early last year. And two figures have been delayed. Prime and hulkbuster. The other "delays" where not actual delays.

Sideshow had multiple figures listed as expected to arrive before hot toys expected window to release was even up.

Actually delays from sideshow are the norm. Very few things actually get delayed by hot toys. Just as many things have been released early as have been delayed in the last year. Hawkeye, black widow and Cap where all early last year. And two figures have been delayed. Prime and hulkbuster. The other "delays" where not actual delays.

Sideshow had multiple figures listed as expected to arrive before hot toys expected window to release was even up.

I dunno, I'm a relative HT n00b in that WS and Cap will be my 5th and 6th figures respectively. I just remember waiting a year for Loki v1.0.

Have never received two delay emails at the same time like I just did for this and Cap.

So much for tapering my preorders so they don't all hit at once ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*highly annoyed!*

Delays may not be the norm for HT, but strangely enough they seem to be the norm for every one I have purchased with the exception, I think, of MoS Superman. Loki had a horribly complicated costume and so did Zod, so I could understand that. WS is not that complicated of a figure, what is the deal. :(

Not to happy about delays but with Bucky and Steve I at least don't have to worry about payment. ^^''

;__; I really want this Bucky now though so I can finally give my Winter Soldier figure his mask ... haaa~~~ well, hopefully I'll have him before Christmas! ^^

*highly annoyed!*

Delays may not be the norm for HT, but strangely enough they seem to be the norm for every one I have purchased with the exception, I think, of MoS Superman. Loki had a horribly complicated costume and so did Zod, so I could understand that. WS is not that complicated of a figure, what is the deal. :(

It's not an actual production delay. People confuse the sideshow delays for actual delays. When hot toys says it could come out q2-q3 (April-oct) and sideshow estimates it will be out in July...but it gets bumped back from sideshow till sep...that's not an actual delay.

And since you brought up actual production issues I'm assuming you are thinking this is a production delay. It's not. At least not yet.

Re: Hot Toys MMS Captain America: Civil War The Winter Soldier Collectible Figure

I wanted civilian Bucky too :(

I'm in the process of making one. I couldn't afford the WS version, so I sourced his uncovered head and hands, and a body. I'm going for the civilian look! But, he's nowhere near finished.

DSC_0148.jpg

Looks great!

Although I'd pick up a CW Bucky sculpt once the figure releases, the eye paint doesn't really look too good for a civvie TWS. If TWS figure holds its value, you could always sell TWS sculpt for a good dime and use that money to pick up a loose CW sculpt. You'd even probably still have some money left over.

Looks great!

Although I'd pick up a CW Bucky sculpt once the figure releases, the eye paint doesn't really look too good for a civvie TWS. If TWS figure holds its value, you could always sell TWS sculpt for a good dime and use that money to pick up a loose CW sculpt. You'd even probably still have some money left over.

This is true! Though, depending on what happens, I could just either try to remove the shadowing, or do as you said and get a new sculpt...

This is true! Though, depending on what happens, I could just either try to remove the shadowing, or do as you said and get a new sculpt...

OMG don't remove that shadowing! That's very desirable, sell it and buy a CW one. Or.... put those clothes on CW Bucky. Figure does look nice! I like the idea, just the idea of taking that warpaint off gives me all the wrong feels.

Its your figure, tho.

I haven't decided if I will or not yet... I could always get another head and experiment on removing it...

If TWS soldier figure holds its value as I mentioned, I would simply sell that sculpt. You could probably get some money for it and use some of that money to buy a separate CW sculpt, with probably still some money left over.

That might be the easier option... I rather like the face of the new CW figure.

Back