1/6 Hot Toys MMS349 Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Armored Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL at the rom com talk. Good Lord, I go away from the forum for a bit and you heathens just take over!:rotfl

I ordered all the Bats' and a Deadpool.

I'm gonna be po' folks this fall.

Got this version of this and love it but after watching the film again tonight I'm thinking the black chrome version is more accurate to the fight scene.
I got it pre ordered but I'm in the middle of slimming down my collection and only have enough room for one armored batman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I received my Armored Bats today and everything on him looks good. He is a monstrous figure. The cup portion over his package if anything is slightly a bit off center, but he's otherwise ship shape. I was thinking the bandolier hung down a little lower, but apparently it doesn't.

My only gripe is changing the hands on this has to be the BIGGEST pain in the rear end ever on any HT figure I've owned. So much so that once you get the hands you want in place, you don't want to change them again. The socket on the arm was tucked way back up in the fabric of the suit underneath and the armor hangs over the end of the arm. I had to basically shove the peg up into the socket, put the arm at a 90 degree angle and then pull back the armor piece as far as I could to expose as much of the peg as I could, then jam the hand onto the peg.

I ended up using the c-clamp stand on him that came with the Supes figure, and I gotta say that I think that is better suited for him than the crotch grabber being that he's so heavy and monstrous. I used the crotch grabber for Supes.

Just need to receive the spear now for him.

So I received my Armored Bats today and everything on him looks good. He is a monstrous figure. The cup portion over his package if anything is slightly a bit off center, but he's otherwise ship shape. I was thinking the bandolier hung down a little lower, but apparently it doesn't.

My only gripe is changing the hands on this has to be the BIGGEST pain in the rear end ever on any HT figure I've owned. So much so that once you get the hands you want in place, you don't want to change them again. The socket on the arm was tucked way back up in the fabric of the suit underneath and the armor hangs over the end of the arm. I had to basically shove the peg up into the socket, put the arm at a 90 degree angle and then pull back the armor piece as far as I could to expose as much of the peg as I could, then jam the hand onto the peg.

The cup is only held on by velcro so you can futz the crotch/pants area up and the armor down a little for a better look.

And you're exactly right about changing hands. The WORST. I put the fists on & I'll never EVER tough it again. :gah:

The cup is only held on by velcro so you can futz the crotch/pants area up and the armor down a little for a better look.

And you're exactly right about changing hands. The WORST. I put the fists on & I'll never EVER tough it again. :gah:

Thanks for the tip. :duff

image.jpg

Can't wait to receive the spear from OSK to go with him.

Wow no more room on that shelf, he really is huge! I'm getting the spear to for the BC version. Might not be much room for many dynamic poses with Superman in a detolf looking at that though.

Grats man! He looks very impressive in the shelf. Dang he's massive.

Looks fantastic! I ordered the OSK spear as well. I really wish Hot Toys would've included that.

Thanks, gents! :duff

Yeah, he's one big mofo, that's for sure. I ended up using the c-clamp that came with Supes on him, as I feel it's better suited for him due to his size and the ankle joints don't seem to be the sturdiest. Using the stock BvS bases, I don't think even two BvS figures are feasible in one detolf shelf; unless perhaps you display them diagonally. The max I think is two though before the party's all full.

That may not be where I end up putting him though. I have my other BvS Supes (the one with the stock HT sculpt) displayed in my main curio in another room and I'm trying to have all of the BvS figures abreast on the shelf that Supes is on in that curio. However, I need to do some rearranging of the spacing of shelves in it because Armored Bats just barely doesn't clear it, unfortunately.

Utterly can't wait to receive that spear from OSK because it'll make him look so much cooler than what he already does.

Just got an email from BBTS saying they expect it within the next 10 days.

Did sideshow have the flat rate $10 shipping on this? It only shows their exclusive have the $10 flat rate shipping. I'd rather get this version.

Back