1/6 Hot Toys MMS349 Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Armored Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After seeing the new Rey figure, HT is definitely doing a battle damaged version with the spear for sure. :mad: But I must have this one now!

Well, they were mindful of the issues with the regular bats, and gave him a new body. Hopefully the same will be said of the face plates for this one. With the movie being so divisive, I'm not sure the line will be successful enough to warrant a 2.0, or a battle damaged one, either. I guess he's supposed to have a similar suit in JL, so maybe if this one doesn't have improved plates that one will. Let's hoe they got it right on this one, though.

Well, they were mindful of the issues with the regular bats, and gave him a new body. Hopefully the same will be said of the face plates for this one. With the movie being so divisive, I'm not sure the line will be successful enough to warrant a 2.0, or a battle damaged one, either. I guess he's supposed to have a similar suit in JL, so maybe if this one doesn't have improved plates that one will. Let's hoe they got it right on this one, though.

My speculation is based on what HT did with the DX12 release. People were complaining about the mouth plates from day one. No changes, and that was during a time when HT would listen criticisms on sculpts and tweak them to satisfy fans. It didn't happen for EVERY release of course...but for major or notable ones, you bet. So collectors had to grit their teeth and buy the dx12, unaltered plates and all...

...then the armory version was announced.

Was an armory release planned all along, well before the DX12 dropped? I don't know. But it's very possible. "No need to change the Dx12 mouth plates, they're gonna get updated sculpts with the armory."

This is why I'm skeptical on the mouth plates being updated for armored batman. I'm positive a BD ver is in the works, if not already completed and is waiting for the right moment to drop. And sadly, that version will have updated mouth plates.

Once again, I'd love to be proven wrong and see better mouth plates for this release. I really hope they fixed them.

My speculation is based on what HT did with the DX12 release. People were complaining about the mouth plates from day one. No changes, and that was during a time when HT would listen criticisms on sculpts and tweak them to satisfy fans. It didn't happen for EVERY release of course...but for major or notable ones, you bet. So collectors had to grit their teeth and buy the dx12, unaltered plates and all...

Was an armory release planned all along, well before the DX12 dropped? I don't know. But it's very possible. "No need to change the Dx12 mouth plates, they're gonna get updated sculpts with the armory."

This is why I'm skeptical on the mouth plates being updated for armored batman. I'm positive a BD ver is in the works, if not already completed and is waiting for the right moment to drop. And sadly, that version will have updated mouth plates.

Once again, I'd love to be proven wrong and see better mouth plates for this release. I really hope they fixed them.

You actually make lot of sense. If there is a possibility of this being released as a battle damage, which I think it is, this gives those completist, and those still considering to pull the trigger.
The battle damage could be like the battle damage robocop, with clean, to highly battle damaged cowl, like how it appears at the Martha scene.
They can include the spear, and the new improved cowl to make it more enticing.

I think this will be the case as well. I still maintain the conviction that a BD version of Armored Bats is in the future and I base that on the lack of a spear accessory with any of the current figures. I think it's being saved for a BD Armored Bats, which I also think will include a diorama base with rubble to make the figure more enticing to collectors and differentiate it even further from the regular Armored Bats.

I know someone mentioned that none of the AoU figures came with Loki's scepter as an accessory even though it was a main part of the film, so therefore, the lack of a spear isn't really a good clue to go by to speculate a BD Armored Bats is in the future. However, regarding Loki's scepter, there were already a couple of A1 figures that came with the scepter, so there is a scepter accessory out there in circulation. The Kryptonite spear to me seems too vital of a component in the film to not be included at least once with any BvS figure.

I think of it like Apple, or any tech giant. Whenever Apple comes out with a new iPhone, they generally only have a slight upgrade from the previous iPhone, especially when it's an S version. You can't tell me that whatever the slight upgrade was, that they didn't have the wherewithal to include that particular piece of tech in the current iPhone; they're saving it for the next device to give people an incentive to purchase that one. No need to include it now, because they'll get it in the next one.

In fact, I said in another thread that I could see HT doing both a SS Batman and JL Batman, but it wouldn't surprise me if they possibly forego doing a SS Batman and release this in its place and use the presumed popularity of the film and the fact that Batman is in it, to push sales for a BD Armored Bats. Or they make both, knowing that people will probably buy both. :lol

Actually it makes sense that the spear would be with the battle damaged version assuming it's made. He only uses it during the fight at the end when the suit has damage.

Back