1/6 Hot Toys MMS291 Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope 1/6th scale Spacetrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't see them holding the rifle in stills.

It's a variation of the BlasTech T-21 Light Repeating Blaster Rifle carried by Sandtroopers (i.e., a Lewis Gun):

SWSTBR.jpg

Lewis Gun:

800px-Lewis_gun.JPG

Funny that the Wookieepedia page for Spacetroopers has replaced the main photo with that of the HT figures.

Spacetrooper - Wookieepedia, the Star Wars Wiki - Wikia

Wow well spotted! I'm glad it's a variation of the Sandtrooper rifle and not something completely made up.

This happens all the time on the tracking. You will notice a pattern mine say Hong Kong then Manchester then Hong Kong then Manchester. I think it may be to do with time dffierences so it makes it look like it's gone back and forward.

Makes sense!

Wow well spotted! I'm glad it's a variation of the Sandtrooper rifle and not something completely made up.

:duff

Delivery not arrived yet, but I had a 'phone call from UPS in response to my email about opening an account.

She said categorically that you can't open an account unless you're a business. UPS don't work the same way as FedEx and will always charge the £12 admin fee.

Will see what the driver asks for when he gets here.

But if it's the £20.59 customs (as per the email I got from tracking) plus £12 admin, then it would work out the same as if FedEx had delivered it and charged the full amount of customs.

If that's the case, then it appears the undervaluation is done purposely to incorporate the admin charge.

The Hasbro Spacetrooper also did a variation on the OT Lewis Gun blaster. Hot Toys just made it look way better, they also added some bit that are like the rebel DH-17 blaster:

DH-17_Blaster.jpg

Actually I think that for the scope they were referring to RT-97C heavy blaster rifle:
latest

as SSC used the same transparent tip for their 1/6 version:
M0904-P182-2.jpg

Probably is the same piece used in both guns.

Here's my review of the new Spacetrooper. I have to say it's an unnecessary addition to my collection, but it's from the OT so I just couldn't resist lol!! Luckily it's a well made variant on the regular Stormtrooper. Hope you can check out the review! :)

I'm not a big fan of youtube video reviews, but yours was very nice. Cannot wait for this figure to arrive. :)

Any pics of what you mean ??

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Check out my review that shows the three separate pieces that you insert into the backpack. Nice detailing with the translucent plastic, but a bit pointless when you just insert them in and cant see that detail lol

Delivery arrived.

Paid the driver at the door: £20.59 was the total amount. :woo

Brokerage fee: £11

Import VAT: £9.59

I see why it was so low. On the paperwork where it has the item value of 219.99, the currency is marked as Hong Kong Dollars, which is only £18.66.

Add on the $40 shipping, and multiply by 20% and you get close to the £9.59 they charged.

Hope they always do that. :lol

Check out my review that shows the three separate pieces that you insert into the backpack. Nice detailing with the translucent plastic, but a bit pointless when you just insert them in and cant see that detail lol
I wouldn't say pointless, though. Personally I love that kind of detail and being able to break things down into separate parts. Granted, I'll probably only check that out a few times over the life of the figure but it's neat knowing it's there.

Really want this but with so much coming I may have to resist. Basically it all depends on if I buy into there new line. Man I always wanted HT to get the SW license but these figures are coming out thick & fast

Interesting. So you ordered this directly from Sideshow and they delivered it from Hong Kong?

Yes, it's the first time I've had a Sideshow order direct from Hong Kong. Makes sense for Sideshow as they don't have to ship it to the US in order to ship it again to the customer.

Also looks like we might receive figures before customers in the US.

This one's another wonderful HT Trooper.

Took a few quick snaps.

22941262596_d75b94b573_o.jpg

22967289945_cda7f70337_o.jpg

A temporary line-up:

22548980368_e570de94db_o.jpg

Where he'll be kept for now:

22967289775_4edc2869f8_o.jpg

It's getting a bit crowded but I have plans to expand the little empire into another part of the house!

Very cool pics!

Wish the grate stands were the same color on all Stormie variants - and maybe on most other HT figs

Yes, it's the first time I've had a Sideshow order direct from Hong Kong. Makes sense for Sideshow as they don't have to ship it to the US in order to ship it again to the customer.

Also looks like we might receive figures before customers in the US.

This one's another wonderful HT Trooper.

Took a few quick snaps.

22941262596_d75b94b573_o.jpg

22967289945_cda7f70337_o.jpg

A temporary line-up:

22548980368_e570de94db_o.jpg

Where he'll be kept for now:

22967289775_4edc2869f8_o.jpg

It's getting a bit crowded but I have plans to expand the little empire into another part of the house!

Told you ups were better :)

Only annoying thing is I have the tie pilot coming next so as obi wan says "no such thing as luck" with sideshow filling out full price for vat etc. It will be full price on that order ��

Only annoying thing is I have the tie pilot coming next so as obi wan says "no such thing as luck" with sideshow filling out full price for vat etc. It will be full price on that order ��

That order, plus Luke Trooper and Luke X-Wing all said in their respective emails that the figure would be arriving at Sideshow's US warehouse.

But the Spacetrooper email said that as well, so they could all actually be despatched from Hong Kong.

Back