1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wIOGkSJ.jpg

I am so excited for Batman Vs Superman (and more importantly some new figures for my collection)!!!
Thinking of doing a custom Amy Adams to go with my Clark Kent (but who am I kidding Superman will be in a flying pose carring her in his arms :lol)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-03-08 at 2.02.56 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-03-08 at 2.02.56 PM.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 290
  • Screen Shot 2016-03-08 at 2.02.16 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-03-08 at 2.02.16 PM.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 286
  • Screen Shot 2016-03-08 at 2.01.06 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-03-08 at 2.01.06 PM.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 287
Great pic, txia. This is such a beautiful figure. All of the MoS figures are really.

Saw BvS today and have been admiring my MoS collection, and took a couple of iPhone pictures. Can't wait to get my BvS figures in.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Nice display!

Been enjoying my MOS figures too...and while I'm won over by the BvS version of Kal-El (the improved collar, the square buckle, the darker suit, the great portrait) and plan to get him, I still like this figure a lot....

...and that wicked grimace of Zod does capture the character's arrogance really well too..

Thanks!

Great pictures as well! All the MoS figures are beautiful. The got the texture of the suits perfectly, in my opinion. All of the likenesses on the sculpts are excellent as well. You're right about Zod's expression also, it captures his character perfectly.

I'm a staunch Superman fan, so even though I have all the MoS figures, BvS Supes was a day 1 PO for me.

I was pleasantly surprised what they did with Zod. It's pretty rare to get an action expression..and even more unlikely that it looks good on a shelf all the time. But it works with Zod.

Debating picking up Zod and the MoS supes since they're fairly cheap nowadays, I was gonna get the BvS version of Supes but the costume isn't all that different to warrant paying an extra 50 dollars for it.

Debating picking up Zod and the MoS supes since they're fairly cheap nowadays, I was gonna get the BvS version of Supes but the costume isn't all that different to warrant paying an extra 50 dollars for it.

If you could get both of them for a relatively cheap price, I'd go for it. Both of these figures are beautiful figures and are indeed worth their retail prices in my opinion, so if you could get them for less than that, then go for it.

This figure is still great in my opinion. Wanted to get the new Supes, but now I've seen BvS I'm not so sure that I want something that will remind me of it :lol

Regardless of some small issues I found with the film, MOS is still one of my favorite "Comic book hero" movies. Cavill's portrayal was honest and true to the history of the character. BvS was a fun film, although there were issues that I'm still mulling over.

As for the Hot Toys MOS figure, I still haven't done the cape mods and I know that it will look significantly better, once I do. I just haven't had the guts to try it yet...

Regardless of some small issues I found with the film, MOS is still one of my favorite "Comic book hero" movies. Cavill's portrayal was honest and true to the history of the character. BvS was a fun film, although there were issues that I'm still mulling over.

As for the Hot Toys MOS figure, I still haven't done the cape mods and I know that it will look significantly better, once I do. I just haven't had the guts to try it yet...

Yeah, for myself personally, I still maintain the conviction that MoS is one of the better CBM thus far. Snyder really didn't deviate from the Superman canon as much as what people say in my opinion based on what I saw. In fact, I think he paid the most homage to it out of anyone. Right down to the "learning how to fly" scene where he first started out leaping long distances, and then built up to flying. The "learning how to fly" scene is probably my second favorite scene from the entire film, only behind the scene where Supes is flying up the beam of the World Engine and is summoning all of his strength and will, at the same time where Perry is taking Jenny's hand while she's trapped in the rubble.

tumblr_n43qpoXGUU1rgn3nyo2_400.gif

All Snyder did was just simply fill in the gaps/grey areas with his own interpretation of the character as opposed to using someone else's interpretation that they used to fill in the gaps.

As for the figure, mine is stock as can be.

MOS is one of my favorites as well. There are a few flaws/things I wish were different but overall it's a great movie.

I wish I could say the same thing about BvS. Far too many things I didn't like, a big disappointment to me. I've learned that opinion is in the minority, I'm surprised at how many people say it's the "best superhero movie ever".

Back