1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Superman has the power and the ability to rule over the Earth, as Zod would. That he chooses not to, or does not do so, is what makes him so admirable. A "Superman," as it were.

I wish there would have been a moment where he acknowledges that he punches someone for the first time. That must have been quite a big deal for him after 30 years of holding it in

I wish there would have been a moment where he acknowledges that he punches someone for the first time. That must have been quite a big deal for him after 30 years of holding it in

I took it as the moment when he tears in and snatches Zod, screaming at him for threatening his Mother.
It's like the "world of cardboard" speech. Zod is the first person he can punch and it wouldn't outright kill him.

Great discussion, you guys. Reminds me why I really liked Man of Steel. There really is a lot of "there" there to deconstruct. Not the case for a lot of comic adaptation films. Too bad so many focus on the carnage and destruction of the last third of the movie or so. But to be fair, Snyder could have worked a little harder not to allow the focus to go there in the first place...

He just got KNOOOOOOOOCKED THE F - OUT HA HA:lol Cool vid USER still need 2 see that one.

Funny gif fight!

funnies8.gif

Great discussion, you guys. Reminds me why I really liked Man of Steel. There really is a lot of "there" there to deconstruct. Not the case for a lot of comic adaptation films. Too bad so many focus on the carnage and destruction of the last third of the movie or so. But to be fair, Snyder could have worked a little harder not to allow the focus to go there in the first place...

In context, it's the first of maybe a six act story when you count in BvS and all the Justice League movies that will feature the MOS.
For his grand stance on not harming anyone, there has to have been at least one instance of him trashing the joint. It happened in MOS, so we have seen it. I wouldn't be surprised if they pay some lip service to the situation like: "I once allowed my fight to harm others. I won't do that again. I can't". Or something similar.

63image.jpg

In context, it's the first of maybe a six act story when you count in BvS and all the Justice League movies that will feature the MOS.
For his grand stance on not harming anyone, there has to have been at least one instance of him trashing the joint. It happened in MOS, so we have seen it. I wouldn't be surprised if they pay some lip service to the situation like: "I once allowed my fight to harm others. I won't do that again. I can't". Or something similar.

Here's hoping that's right, UN. I'm hoping to be a big fan of this iteration of Supes...

Well it really wasn't Superman's fault the city got trashed, that giant terra farmer machine pretty much hammered the entire city.... Sure he had a throw down with Zod but the buildings were already thrashed.

Well it really wasn't Superman's fault the city got trashed, that giant terra farmer machine pretty much hammered the entire city.... Sure he had a throw down with Zod but the buildings were already thrashed.

True, but they pretty much tore down Plano, Illinois first (which is actually about a mile from my house) before the terra former was in play. Supes could have taken the whole show to Antarctica if he chose. But I like your take on It better. There wasn't a lot of time to think while being thrown around like a rag doll by the Kryptonians and trying to protect the people (not the buildings). And as I recall, when he first made the choice to hand himself over to Zod, there was at least a chance that he would spare Earth completely. By the time the terra former was brought up, the stage was set...

True, but they pretty much tore down Plano, Illinois first (which is actually about a mile from my house) before the terra former was in play. Supes could have taken the whole show to Antarctica if he chose. But I like your take on It better. There wasn't a lot of time to think while being thrown around like a rag doll by the Kryptonians and trying to protect the people (not the buildings). And as I recall, when he first made the choice to hand himself over to Zod, there was at least a chance that he would spare Earth completely. By the time the terra former was brought up, the stage was set...

Agreed quigonfishing. Initially Clark was likely under the impression that co-existing was an option, but when that wasn't the case it was to late. In retrospect I don't believe taking the fight anywhere remote was even an option for Superman. Based off of Faora's words the Kryptonians had basically deduced Clark's concern for earthlings. Which was something they would likely exploit had he attempted to take the fight elsewhere. It's one thing to simply worry about one superpowered foe, but an entire ship of them?

Part of the problem with the third act was that they couldn't really hurt each other which doesn't seem to make sense to me. Shouldn't a punch from Zod leave a mark on supes face? That aspect made the whole thing feel like it was all for nothing. Another two problems were that because of the way they wrote it, earth kind of suffers because of supermans actual presence. Then, they kinda created a version of America with superman but you never really get an understanding of why the world needed superman. The story made it seem like they would have been much better off without him. Anyway I actually liked the movie.

Still one of my favourite figures. I did the Neck mod (removed the shoulder pads) and added Tony Meis cape.

MMS200-1-small.jpg

MMS200-3-small.jpg

MMS200-2-small.jpg

These are some damn good photos! What camera do you use?

Thank you both.
I use a Sony A77ii with the SAL16-50mm or the 90mm Tamron SP AF.
These photos were taken with manually set exposure time to capture the available light with aperture wide open (f/2.8)
At this close a distance you really get a shallow deapth of field :)

Part of the problem with the third act was that they couldn't really hurt each other which doesn't seem to make sense to me. Shouldn't a punch from Zod leave a mark on supes face? That aspect made the whole thing feel like it was all for nothing. Another two problems were that because of the way they wrote it, earth kind of suffers because of supermans actual presence. Then, they kinda created a version of America with superman but you never really get an understanding of why the world needed superman. The story made it seem like they would have been much better off without him. Anyway I actually liked the movie.

There were issues with the movie. As regards the punching issue, it's something i have given a little thought to over the years. If Superman and Zod are equally matched strength wise, it really *should* be like two humans fighting with regard to the force they can put behind each punch. They should be able to draw blood and knock out teeth. Even though they are invulnerable to everything else, their own inherent super strength should be able to show. We saw earlier in the movie that Clark can be cut and that he can bleed if something hard enough cuts him. Of course, the incredible strength used by both of them allows them to knock each other full continents away so, it's as though all we *really* saw were the early stages of the fight before they both really took the gloves off.
I do agree about the fact they both should have been getting more and more bruised in the fight(slowly leading up the fact that Superman *can* be capable of inflicting serious damage on Zod).
It's a coundrum. For every fan like you and i that would love that they are each strong enough to hurt each other, there would be ten duma55e5 saying: Duh... i thought they were supposed to be strong!?!?"

The fact that the BvS suit is not too much of a difference from this means I could save some cash when HT releases the BvS version in the future :yess:

You need to look again. It's totally different.

You need to look again. It's totally different.

Yeah I know it's different (cavill's hairstyle, bulkier body, chest symbol, pattern lines,etc.) but the overall design of the costume is similar enough to me that I won't be tempted to get the BvS version, that's all I'm saying...

Back