1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone ordered one of these from One Sixth Bruce in the UK..?? It's been ages and still no news. Paid the balance in January when they sent the invoices out. I've bought loads from them and to be fair they always come up good in the end but all my emails get ignored when I send them..!!!!

Just finished my repaint, another couple hours and it's good to go back on the body. Barry, the smaller Supes bases you are making, any chance you are making those available? I like the base, but a smaller version like yours is ideal.

Just finished my repaint, another couple hours and it's good to go back on the body. Barry, the smaller Supes bases you are making, any chance you are making those available? I like the base, but a smaller version like yours is ideal.

The laser etched ones?
I will definitely be casting them when i get a chance.

Good to know. I'll be waiting.

My first idea was to just cast the two sections together. In one piece. Then i was thinking that it would make painting easier to cast them separately. But then i would have to glue them together after painting and that could make them brittle and easy to bust apart...
So i am looking into it to see what will make more sense to do.

My first idea was to just cast the two sections together. In one piece. Then i was thinking that it would make painting easier to cast them separately. But then i would have to glue them together after painting and that could make them brittle and easy to bust apart...
So i am looking into it to see what will make more sense to do.

Could you paint the two pieces and have the end user glue them together, or would they still be to brittle even then?

Could you paint the two pieces and have the end user glue them together, or would they still be to brittle even then?

I didn't mean the resin would be brittle. I just meant that when you start making an item from more than one part, there's a chance it can pop apart. Whether in transit, or when the buyer drops it and claims it fell apart in transit, lol.
I could paint the items and let the buyer assemble, but very few would want to.
I reckon the easiest way will be to cast them in one piece, offer then painted *and* unpainted, with a peg cutout for the HT stand, and also without the cutout. Just to satisfy everyone.
But i'd rather work out all the angles first than make moulds that aren't suitable.

All done and posed back up.
u4equtyb.jpg

Sent while traveling through Hyperspace

Received mine today from Toy HQ. Pretty certain that I'm just going to keep him stock.

Here's a couple of quick iPhone pics (sorry, not great quality) of me testing out the hovering pose and playing around with the cape; still not quite perfect, though it looks better in real life than it does in the pics. I'm definitely digging him! I love how real and solid/imposing he looks. Not sure if you'll know what I mean by that, but he seems like he has real weight behind him, just from looking at him. And the sculpt, of course, just wow.

IMG_2229.jpg

IMG_2231.jpg

Still loving this fig, especially now I have zod in the detolf next to him they compliment each other well. Here a shot of him, had him posed like this for a while now.

bezu6ute.jpg

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

That's a great pic, Stealth.

Not to mention a simple but great pose. Is he just standing freely without support?

Oh man! I'm seriously in love with this guy :inlove:blissy can't stop taking photos of him :cuckoo:

The neck mod with the Tony Mei cape have turned an impressive figure into a must own, he is probably the most life like figure I own.
Here's another shot I just took :lol
image.jpg

^^ More Fantastic pictures, figure looks great :clap...Not long now...should be getting mine in the next week!! :yess:

Ok so I received my superman today & just couldn't wait to do the neck mod & Tony mei cape installation.
I'm normally one of those people who would never try something like this but he just looked so good in the pics with the mods.
......AND I'm so glad I did it, it may not be a perfect job, but Im more than happy with how it turned out.
He looks gorgeous & a definitive improvement on the stock figure. So happy :hi5::yess::clap
Hey well done, looks awesome.:clap Glad you're happy with it man!:hi5:

Back