1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

piping is painted, probably another coat tomorrow, but I'm happy with the direction it's going

Just want to chime in on modding and painting the black parts of the figure to match the movie.

In my opinion, the black is the most accurate colour and represent the actual suit more. I was lucky enough to see the actual suit displayed in an exhibit and it is in every way the same hue and contrast as the figure. The reason for the difference in the movie is because of the movie's colour grading to dark blueish, giving all blacks a blue tint.

I can understand why people want to make their figure movie accurate, but for me, making my figure more lifelike-accurate is important. I did the neck mod though, which makes it way better...the big gap between the neck collar and the emblem really bothered me.

Just my two centavos.:)

That video was extremely helpful. Superman was my first attempt at modding a figure as well. Initially I was very skeptical, but after rereading and looking over photos and a couple of videos, I ordered Tony's cape and mustered up the courage. It's a good feeling to look at a figure knowing you put some work into making him/her look even better.

Glad to hear it went well, throw some pics up when you get done.

Definitely will take pics once my cape come in, and even without a cape he just looks so much better! It really does make a difference in the neck area and it also makes me appreciate just how good the upper body sculpt is! I think it accentuates his arms and upper chest more, definitely glad i modded

image.jpg

image.jpg

I think I'm finally satisfied. I decided to try as best as I can to create the pleats around the cape. Tony's cape puts it to another level no matter how you try to make the stock cape work. It's just to thick IMO.

I dropped it lower to expose the shoulder blades a little more

I tried pushing the back of the collar down more

Welcome to the community. :1-1:

There's many times, I end up liking the figure much more knowing I put a little elbow grease making the figure better.
Its also fun, like another extension of the hobby.

Thanks man, really appreciate it :duff

And now that I've modded Supes, I know what you mean. I can't stop staring at him! Really proud of the mod, not that I came up with the mod but just glad that I went through with it and improved him

This head sculpt has to be in the top five, the likeness is about 99% there. A digital scan wouldn't look this good.:lol

I think I'm finally satisfied. I decided to try as best as I can to create the pleats around the cape. Tony's cape puts it to another level no matter how you try to make the stock cape work. It's just to thick IMO.

Looks really good Guyver :rock Always look forward to your photos

Looks good Guyver. :rock Yeah, the pleats are the only thing stopping me from getting a cape from Tony. I have most of his other capes and love them. Hoping he will do a 2.0 version with pleats.

Looks good Guyver. :rock Yeah, the pleats are the only thing stopping me from getting a cape from Tony. I have most of his other capes and love them. Hoping he will do a 2.0 version with pleats.

I agree. The pleats in the HT version look great and from the neck and cape mods posted on here, I think that is what is missing from most people's.
With careful folding, I guess you could put your own pleats in.

Just got mine recently. I've got to say there is some special affinity with Superman and Hot Toys. Both the Reeves and Cavill sculpts are one of the best I've own from Hot Toys. Some one mentioned earlier that Hot Toys sculpts is getting better and better. I thought so too looking at my newly acquired Superman until I saw the Wolverine sculpt. It would be more appropriate to say Yulli is getting better and better. Aside from the height/scale issue and the cape modding, this figure is a must buy for fans of Superman. If only my Nolan Batman collection could get the same kind of love.

His current cape fabric looks cheap, and adding the pleats would make a huge difference.

I agree. The pleats in the HT version look great and from the neck and cape mods posted on here, I think that is what is missing from most people's.
With careful folding, I guess you could put your own pleats in.

The pleats look great on Remy's one.

Thank you Bar for noticing that detail. :)

One of my biggest concern also and I even checked with Tony was the pleats.
On his thread, I asked him if at all possible, add the pleats.
He did try, but his biggest concern was making the cape lay as flat as possible on the shoulders.
So he stuck with that plan cause with careful futzing, you can add the pleats anyway.
The only pro I can give the HT stock cape is the pleats...but that's the thing...it may have a nicer pleats but its bulky.

So, since laying flat on the shoulder is more important for me than the pleats, I'm glad Tony left it as it is.

Last edited:

Thank you Bar for noticing that detail. :)

He did try, but his biggest concern was making the cape lay as flat as possible on the shoulders.
So he stuck with that plan cause with careful futzing, you can add the pleats anyway.
The only pro I can give the HT stock cape is the pleats...but that's the thing...it may have a nicer pleats but its bulky.

So, since laying flat on the shoulder is more important for me than the pleats, I'm glad Tony left it as it is.

I agree! The neck mod looks way better with tony's cape in my opinion. The only reason I kept my stock is because I wired it, and that is only temporary until tony comes out with a wired cape. A wired cape for MOS is a must for me so i'm just playing the waiting game.

Agree as well. I haven't taken the time with mine yet, but I realized you can very carefully get the pleats in there with Tony's cape. And with the collar/neck mod, Tony's cape looks great even without them.

Yours looks amazing Remy! (great pics too).

:rock

Agree as well. I haven't taken the time with mine yet, but I realized you can very carefully get the pleats in there with Tony's cape. And with the collar/neck mod, Tony's cape looks great even without them.

Yeah it's possible to get the pleats in there like I did with mine. There not as thick as the stock cape but they are still noticeable and sit better with Tony's cape IMO.

Pleats are looking good, Guyver.

I'm so tempted to buy this figure - can't find one in stock in the UK and ebay prices are scary...

Pleats are looking good, Guyver.

I'm so tempted to buy this figure - can't find one in stock in the UK and ebay prices are scary...

The prices on ebay don't seem to be too bad. I saw a few listings from US sellers for $200 with $15 Worldwide shipping. Doesn't Sideshow also offer international shipping? If you think the prices are crazy for this figure now, wait until it sells out at online retailers.

The prices on ebay don't seem to be too bad. I saw a few listings from US sellers for $200 with $15 Worldwide shipping. Doesn't Sideshow also offer international shipping? If you think the prices are crazy for this figure now, wait until it sells out at online retailers.

Yeah, cheapest I've found is £210 which I would normally be ok with but as the figure dosen't really come with any accessories (I know the character doesn't haven't any) but it's holding me back. Hong. Kong sellers on ebay run the risk of customs - Clipperkings recent video said he was assured it would be marked low value gird and he still got hit with charges because the seller forgot.

Back