1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

1551557_423072107825615_2096139797_n.jpg
1017447_423174144482078_1614647543_n.jpg

Those are great pics! I can definitely see why you are having a hard time deciding on a pose to keep him in. He looks so good in any pose. Now I know why people are getting more than one of those. Batman and Superman do compliment each other so well.

Great pics! I still can't get enough of this figure. That Superman punch would absolutely destroy Batman. :lol

Amazing pics. .

Great pics Hologram!! :clap

Agreed! Those pics are fantastic Hologram!!! :hi5:

GREAT PIX!!

Amazing pics Andrew.
Simply amazing.

Also those are fantastic pics Hologram AI. :lecture

Dang Hologram those are excellent shots! :clap

Love your pics Hologram :clap :rock

Wow best pics I've seen so far!

Thanks everyone. :duff Wonderful figure to shoot. I hope Zod isn't too far out from being released.

I love this figure, but it seems to me, and I'm not trying to be gross here, but doesn't he seem a little...'bulgy' down below? I didn't really notice until my 10 year old son said, "Dad, it looks like his thing is sticking out." Lovely conversation to have with my son, but when I looked at the pics, I noticed it too. Maybe it's not as prominent looking in person. Still a great looking figure.

I love this figure, but it seems to me, and I'm not trying to be gross here, but doesn't he seem a little...'bulgy' down below? I didn't really notice until my 10 year old son said, "Dad, it looks like his thing is sticking out." Lovely conversation to have with my son, but when I looked at the pics, I noticed it too. Maybe it's not as prominent looking in person. Still a great looking figure.

Well....

"You are my son".

:lol

I guess that's going to be permanently there:

Nice work Barry. What are you using to light it up?

You're a very brave man Barry ? Was this a recast or real deal

So eunuch superman is better?

Man, you're really kicking butt today with these amazing mods, with the flying brick walls and the light up feature. :hi5:

Thanks again. I just need to find a way to hide the battery up in the head. It's sticking down right now. It will look great when it's al contained in the head.

I love the fig, but can't stand the "blanket in the collar" look that's so far removed from the cape and collar look of the film. Given some of the results I've seen from others modding, and careful inspection of my fig. I decided to go ahead and remove the piece that is hidden under the collar and suit (see below) to remove some off the bulk around his neck and traps.

photo.JPG

If anyone is into modding, below is the process I used. Personally, I didn't have to use any glue to seal the suit to the top portion of the collar, as mine was pretty well glued to it to begin with and didn't break free. I can't say that everyone's figure is assembled identical to mine, so please don't be angry with me if you attempt the below and find subtle differences in how the factory assembled yours.

To pull this off I...

1. Carefully sniped the three red threads holding the cape to the suit from in between the two with an exacto.
2. Unthreaded the seem up the back of the suit to give myself the wiggle room to work (snip the thread holding the seem together with a nail scissors/exacto and gently work it out of the stitch all the way down.
3. Used an exacto to carefully sever the top portion of the collar (at the back) across the center.
4. Then I used a scissors to snip the lower collar immediately under that (don't use the exacto to cut the lower collar as it might go through it and damage the visible neck underneath).
5. I didn't actually remove the suit, I just VERY CAREFULLY pried the top collar off the lower collar working VERY SLOWLY all the way across both sides stopping just before the front horizontal bit. I pried with a small flat plastic clay tool, but you could just as easily use a platic butter knife. IMPORTANT when prying the top collar from the bottom make sure your tool is UNDER the suit (the suit is mostly glued to the top collar and you'll want to make sure it stays that way)
6. With the top collar and suit separated from the lower collar all the way to the front, I gently pried the lower collar from the actual body as it's glued in several small spots along the traps. It's a soft glue, and gentle prying should remove it easily.
7. Now everything is separated between the body and top and bottom collar but the center. Using a watch tool miniature flat head screw driver, I gently pried at the seem across the front of the two collars where they meet (over the "S"). Then I gently pried with the flat head and while slowly pulling the two collars apart where they are lightly glued together directly under the seam. The suit is glued to the top collar, and if your careful it will remain so while separating from the lower collar.
8. Voila. The lower collar should be free now, and slip out from under the suit.
9. If there are any places where the suit has pulled away from the top collar use a toothpick to place small dabs of superglue onto the suit and top collar where they should meet. Wait ten to fifteen seconds for the glue to get a little tacky, then press the collar to the suit and hold together for one minute.
10. I went around the collar at this point and used a fine tip sharpie to darken the visible ends of the suit (which appear white) under the collar, and blackened any visible glue reside left from the lower collar as well.
11. Futz the collar and suit back into position. With a short needle and blue thread, slowly replace the long stitch removed from the back of the suit. Remember to work from bottom to top maintaining tension while you go up to prevent gaps and bunching. When your finished, it should look like this...

jshdg.JPG

12. At this point a light dab of superglue could be applied to the two cut ends of the top collar to rejoin them.

ALL DONE! Here's the result... (Before picture by OMG). Next up, I'll be replacing the stock cape which is a little too bulky and bright with one of Tony Meiss's excellent capes. Will be back with pictures then.

picture%u00252520one.jpg
View attachment 90205
kskks.JPG
sdkdl.JPG

Last edited:

^^^ Much more realistic looking. The middle pic looked real. The cape near his neck lays more naturally.

I guess that's going to be permanently there:

Seeing this pic makes me realize that HT's long torso actually seems to be quite accurate to Cavill's physique, judging from that costume.
Impressive if HT designed that entire new torso just for this figure. And that would also explain why the figure is so large in general. A longer torso on the same type of legs (with extenders) as their usual figures would definitely end up a lot taller.

Nice work, Rory! Quick question, did you use the long MOS foot pegs on The Crow figure, and how did the ball fit into the leg hole? I ask because the MOS foot peg ball is pretty big & the short foot peg I put in its place has a slightly smaller ball...I had to use a bit of super glue to keep it tight. My concern is that the MOS long foot peg ball might be too big to fit into The Crow leg hole. Thanks!

Back