1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Hi Donster, this is the actual Hot Toys Superman with some mods.

I was forced to strip the costume to repair as I broke the stitch on the thigh during unboxing.

But I strongly recommend not to do these mods. The material is very fine & fragile. You need to be very careful or else you will damaged the costume.

I learnt from Tonymeis's post to unstitched the costume & cape. I also found that the S emblem & tummy buckle is attached to the body, I cut the pegs off so that I can move the S emblem freely.

The neck area consists of 2 pieces. I discarded the lower part & superglued the upper part onto the costume.
Now, you can push your S emblem up to the neck according to your liked distance.
But You must to very gently, fine glueing & extra careful at this time.

Then as for the cape, I ironed the lower portion.

Lastly, DO NOT DO THIS MOD if you do not understand the risk.

Ahh...thanks for replying Iceberg66. I was ready to go back to the shop where I bought mine from and exchange it thinking that there are good ones out there hehe...

Great mods and yours does look more authentic now. I wish i have the patience and courage to do it but i'll heed your warning not to. Thanks again!

PS. How much will you charge to mod and correct mine? hehe.. :)

Ahh...thanks for replying Iceberg66. I was ready to go back to the shop where I bought mine from and exchange it thinking that there are good ones out there hehe...

Great mods and yours does look more authentic now. I wish i have the patience and courage to do it but i'll heed your warning not to. Thanks again!

PS. How much will you charge to mod and correct mine? hehe.. :)

Donster, I can't.
The risk of damage your figure, I can't afford.:)

Crud, I got mine tonight but the costume had two yellow paint marks on it. Small but there. I'm going to ask Sideshow for an exchange. It's unopened so I don't think it will be a problem.

I just received this guy from SS and am impressed. Suit is very well made and the head sculpt is perfect. One of the best figures made by Hot Toys. Box is good too with a magnetic flap like the DX's, especially after collecting the Avengers for the past year, their boxes are generic. My only complaint as everyone has said is he isn't to scale with the other figures. Too big. Probably will pose him by himself or in flight. Also after looking at him I believe the Christopher Reeve Superman's cape is too short. I wish that cape draped like this one.

My contribution:

Slight force perspective here:

And finally my Superman shelf, which, I know, needs a little rearranging:

Sorry for the high flash photos. These were taken at night. Either way, badass figure!!!

Love this figure!

Superman_1.jpg

Superman_2.jpg

Superman_Batman_1.jpg

Superman_Batman_2.jpg

Here ya go, iPhone is the only camera I have so sorry for the poor quality. Looks much better in person. Like I said, need to build a new base so the MOS stand can't be seen and just leaving the tundra below.

medyje3e.jpg

ujytu7yn.jpg

u5a8e9a5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like your set up! Nice work!

Lastly, they met each other.

HT wins this hands down! I actually expected better from Neca!

Excellent photos! Looks realistic! :hi5:

Thanks!
Can't wait to shoot some pictures with Zod this summer.

Great pictures by all guys!! This figure is incredible. I can't wait to get him! The wait is killing me! :eek:

Bri

Hopefully, I'll have mine before or on next Friday, my birthday! That would be an awesome birthday surprise for sure if both of mine showed up that day. Great pics all around guys. This figure is a classic.

Great display. Love the case

This will definitely be the figure that Im constantly tweaking the pose on. Every time I walk by I want to readjust the cape, reposition the arms, rotate the hands, tilt and turn the head or bend/straighten a leg. Looks great however you position it.

So I just got mine... doesn't come with the standard stand? Just the flexible flying one? I didn't really want to pose him flying.

Back