1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

I was really hoping to pose the cape in a "wind-blown" style kind of like this...

yqutejy2.jpg

a3anyza4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As did I my friend.....

Get some fishing line and some tape .I'm sure you could pull off those poses.

I was really hoping to pose the cape in a "wind-blown" style kind of like this...

yqutejy2.jpg

a3anyza4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately none of these poses can be achieved without a little trick photography.

Example

I can tell you all those HK collectors that posted the cape post in the earlier thread shots used some kind of special effect, because trust me the cape can't hold up like that without some help. :lecture

But you can still pose it in some cool picture like poses

I have yet to see the movie so I'm almost always avoiding this thread, apart from seeing the latest in-hand pics in this thread and some YT video reviews (with the sound down) but I'm real close to picking this guy up but what was the case with the cradle marking the suit?

Could someone could fill me in please? Thanks.

Sidious, you gotta see this movie! Really puts some context into the figure--I remember seeing pics of his costume at first with doubts. The movie does a nice job of tying in Superman's costume with Kryptonian culture, really playing up the "Alien" aspect of Superman.

Once you see it, you will want to pick up this fig even more--maybe even two some some peeps here!

Figure is better off without a wire IMO. All they do is make it look unnatural and it doesn't flow as nice, Posing it with them is fun but thats it.

So tough to see all of these wonderful pics and have to wait on this figure. I'm about to pop in Man of Steel and no it'll be torture...sweet, sweet torture.

So tough to see all of these wonderful pics and have to wait on this figure. I'm about to pop in Man of Steel and no it'll be torture...sweet, sweet torture.

very tough! watching it now as we speak. Man, this figure is gonna be awesome when we get it!

They should've just included both, a wired and un-wired cape, problem solved.

Big bad toys store has 50 up for pre-order.

This mod is coming along nicely, decided to darken the collar a little.

Last edited:
Last edited:

Actually I think I just had a better idea... Make a base that has rods on it that sits inside the case so they are not permanently attached to the case. And maybe even find a way to make it adjustable.

Someone tell tony meis to do a custom wired cape.

Just did a quick photo shop of the cape around his shoulders. I hope there is a way to get it more flat like this .

He said he will be doing capes for this. But the only problem is, in order to get the cape off. You need to remove the suit.

I don't really think stitching/sewing the suit back up will be that big of an issue. Granted it's not gonna be anywhere close to the HT level of stichting, but it's not like you're gonna pose your Superman with his back facing forward and his cape up revealing his back :lol

I don't really think stitching/sewing the suit back up will be that big of an issue. Granted it's not gonna be anywhere close to the HT level of stichting, but it's not like you're gonna pose your Superman with his back facing forward and his cape up revealing his back :lol
True. I may actually attempt to remove the cape and do a custom. If I can't get the cape to fit over his shoulders better like how it is in the movie. That's the only problem I have with this figure. Everything else looks awesome. But I still need to get mine first to really check it out.

My MOS display. This figure is pant****tingly awesome. Top 3 for sure.. Along with DX11 and DX13.

1521766_10152078579915589_1756358418_n.jpg

Back