1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

:lol

Unfortunately no. A member here is making a custom Drive figure, but they seem to think a lot of custom figures around here. It would be awesome if Hot Toys or even Neca would get the license to do Drive figures.

I'm a huge Drive fan! I would be all over that figure in a heartbeat. Here's my Drive Collection! :)

Bluprint_Drive_Award_zpse4c78194.jpg

I have more Drive stuff but I'm in the process of moving and this is all I could get too. I'm so hyped though for this MoS figure now! These two pics won me over!

2z3v3p4.jpg

sfb78g.jpg

:yess:

What's with all the complaints on size? Isn't Superman supposed to be tall? Seems like some just need something to complain about. Why do some want him to be the height of the actor? It is called film and height is disguised most of the time. I know when I get a Rocky figure, I don't want him to be scaled from Stallone's 5'8-5'9 stature. This figure is awesome and I can't wait to get him. I even almost purchased through Timecent yesterday, but delivery would of ended up being in January anyways, so I decided to wait for my preorder at Sideshow.

What's with all the complaints on size? Isn't Superman supposed to be tall? Seems like some just need something to complain about. Why do some want him to be the height of the actor? It is called film and height is disguised most of the time. I know when I get a Rocky figure, I don't want him to be scaled from Stallone's 5'8-5'9 stature. This figure is awesome and I can't wait to get him. I even almost purchased through Timecent yesterday, but delivery would of ended up being in January anyways, so I decided to wait for my preorder at Sideshow.

I think its unfair to dismiss it with usual cliched line ''some people just need to complain''. Accurate actor height is important to some people - it isn't to you, fine, but that doesn't make it an invalid complaint. And Rocky, of all characters you could mention, really should be made accurate to Stallone's height, especially if they were to make his opponents. You wouldn't have a complaint if they made him the same size as Ivan Drago?

Yeah I'm all for accurate heights in 1/6 scale. This superman does look too tall, a minor nitpick though as overall everything else looks great.

I personally like the Big and Tall look it is Superman after all. I don't have any problem with the figure.

Can't wait for mine to arrive to display..I'm still gunning for this weekend, but maybe Monday at the latest :pray:

Yeah I'm all for accurate heights in 1/6 scale. This superman does look too tall, a minor nitpick though as overall everything else looks great.

The size and the black parts of the suit are my nitpicks. Everything else looks great. I'm not a student of Henry Cavill's face but it sure looks like him to me :lol

I think its unfair to dismiss it with usual cliched line ''some people just need to complain''. Accurate actor height is important to some people - it isn't to you, fine, but that doesn't make it an invalid complaint. And Rocky, of all characters you could mention, really should be made accurate to Stallone's height, especially if they were to make his opponents. You wouldn't have a complaint if they made him the same size as Ivan Drago?

Not saying Rocky should be the same size as Ivan, but if you want to go the way you want with the actor's height as preference, then if ASMUS ever takes on Frodo or Sam from their Lord of the Rings line, wouldn't it look ridiculous scaled to the actor's height instead of what the character's?

Superman is supposed to be tall. That is my point. How tow is Henry? 5'9"-5'10"? That is average height. Superman is anything but average.

By the way... Stallone is supposedly 5'8-5'9". The Rocky character is supposed to be 5'11".
I'd rather have him scaled to the character's height. But like you said, that's my preference.

Last edited:

The size and the black parts of the suit are my nitpicks. Everything else looks great. I'm not a student of Henry Cavill's face but it sure looks like him to me :lol

At first the color kind of bothered me because I saw the film again in HD blu ray and noticed that the collar was more of a grayish color than the black look on the figure, but then I saw that might be from the lighting used because I saw this this morning on an ebay auction

It may look grayish after all, and in certain angles appear black. Either way works for me since overall it's fantastic IMO

Wiki says he's 6'1. And that he's taller than Christopher Reeve superman at 6'4.

I won't be displaying him in a neutral standing pose with other figures, so the height is irrelevant to me. I was bothered by the black neck piece being too big and the 'S' being lower than it should, but then I pulled my head out of my ***.

Not saying Rocky should be the same size as Ivan, but if you want to go the way you want with the actor's height as preference, then if ASMUS ever takes on Frodo or Sam from their Lord of the Rings line, wouldn't it look ridiculous scaled to the actor's height instead of what the character's?

Superman is supposed to be tall. That is my point. How tow is Henry? 5'9"-5'10"? That is average height. Superman is anything but average.

By the way... Stallone is supposedly 5'8-5'9". The Rocky character is supposed to be 5'11".
I'd rather have him scaled to the character's height. But like you said, that's my preference.

:exactly:

Actor height is irrelevant; the height of the fig should be consistent with whatever the movie's visuals "say" his or her height is. It's not a "Henry Cavill on set" figure. It's a Kal-El as seen in Man of Steel figure.

I think you somewhat have a point.

Frodo and Sam, of course should be appropriately hobbit sized but at least between eachother they should be correctly scaled to their respective actors.

With Superman, when the company has already made a Superman figure of a 6 foot 4 actor and now turn a mere 6 foot actor into a behometh who towers over that previous Superman figure (about whose size no one had complained) it just seems an odd choice, no? You can't blame people for bringing it up as a topic of discussion.

Am i the only one disappointed with the hs? It does look like HC but looks inferior to the proto hs.

I actually like the head sculpt. I think the angle, lighting, and camera used is the factor in it looking so different. The lighting in the proto shows off the wrinkles more, so in tale it shows more detail. Proto also looks like they used a filter like they use when filming (a cool/blue filter). That lightens the skin color and highlights facial details more as well.

Am i the only one disappointed with the hs? It does look like HC but looks inferior to the proto hs.

I can't judge unless I see it in front of me IMO. Every picture that I've seen, the sculpt changes, sometimes it really looks like Cavill, and sometimes it's just a little quite not there in his face.

This can be do to various different types of background and lighting.

So until I get him in my hands, I will not admit that I'm disappointed in the sculpt. :lecture

I won't be displaying him in a neutral standing pose with other figures, so the height is irrelevant to me. I was bothered by the black neck piece being too big and the 'S' being lower than it should, but then I pulled my head out of my ***.

Yeah..museum pose :pfft: not with that awesome new display stand. Definitely a flying pose for me.

He's a shade over 6 feet.

Back