1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Don't know, I'm referring to sideshows price actually

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

You sure it's not wired?? Wouldn't make sense for JorEl's to be wired and not this...though it doesn't make sense that JorEl came with the flight stand :lol

I really don't think so based on what I've seen so far. Especially the Kidult video. Perhaps it has something in the edges to keep it hanging down, but looks like it's freely hanging. And if you look closely at some of the more elaborate pics we have seen, it looks like there is a point on the cape where its been held up manually? I actually hope it's not wired TBH.

Last edited:

Hmmm....
Without a wire in the cape, how am i going to be able to pose him like this?

IMG_2932done_zpsd80186c8.jpg

Well here's why this figure is so tall. His torso is the "problem". Also looks like the symbol is pegged into the body itself.

1476550_10202135068434793_1513728372_n.jpg

That makes sense. If the body is 28cm from neck to ankle, and if you allow 2 more centimeters for boots, topped off with about 3cm for the head, you're looking at 33cm which would be about 13 inches.

After watching the silent dude's unboxing video, I find that Superman's price of $230 SGD for pre-order is one of Hot Toys's best pricing of 2013.

I hope SS release this before my birthday in mid-january! It would be an awesome birthday present to myself

I was hoping the same thing too, but with being released when it is it will be a month earlier then my birthday. Which means my wife may make me wait to see it. :thud:

I hope SS release this before my birthday in mid-january! It would be an awesome birthday present to myself

DHL tracking shows my loose supes as down for delivery tomorrow:pray: ,my birthday:yess: ,how great is that ,i hope yours comes through on or a round your birthday

$130 over retail to get him a month early. Pathetic.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Clearly, you're reasoning like that because you live in the US!

If you live in Europe, it's totally different!

I paid about $108 over retail price. For that I may have it before Christmas. I paid $11 for Speedpost. Knowing the Chinese, the price will be down marked and I won't pay custom fees. So basically, the figure cost me $308.

Now here's the other way around:

If I order from Sideshow, I will have a lot to pay for shipping (they use UPS), and once it goes through custom, I'll pay about $100 custom fees, plus I'll get it later(1 and a 1/2month later at best)

If I go the local retailer, the delay will more than likely be over three or four months. These guys include what they had to pay for whatever fees they had and they have to make profit, most of the time, a $200 figure becomes a 200 Euros figure! Check the exchange rate and you'll see that in both cases, I don't pay that much more going through the HK route, and I get it early!

I call this a win-win situation! Nothing pathetic here!:slap

I paid about $108 over retail price. For that I may have it before Christmas. I paid $11 for Speedpost. Knowing the Chinese, the price will be down marked and I won't pay custom fees. So basically, the figure cost me $308.

If I order from Sideshow, I will have a lot to pay for shipping (they use UPS), and once it goes through custom, I'll pay about $100 custom fees, plus I'll get it later(1 and a 1/2month later at best)

If I go the local retailer, the delay will more than likely be over three or four months. These guys include what they had to pay for whatever fees they had and they have to make profit, most of the time, a $200 figure becomes a 200 Euros figure! Check the exchange rate and you'll see that in both cases, I don't pay that much more going through the HK route, and I get it early!

i completely agree with the above ,i even cut down on expense by doing away with the stuff i personally have no use for ,the box ,stand,extra hands ect ,and buy just the loose figure ,i can always pick up a lose box and other bits at a later date if i feel the need ,i haven't yet ,but who knows lol ,

:exactly::lecture

In fact in many cases I have found that it's cheaper to go the HK route. Shipping included, no customs.

Nice looking figure. Ridiculously out of scale for Cavill's real height though. They would have been better off sticking with the same scale as the Reeve Superman. Reeve was a good 3 - 4 inches taller than Cavill so there's no way this Man of Steel should be so much bigger than the Reeve figure.

Think I'll be picking up one of the bodies for this though so I can try it out with the new Sideshow Vader. The height of this Man of Steel figure sounds perfect for an accurate Vader - it just depends on whether it's bulky enough.

Last edited:

:exactly:

Well said.

I pre-ordered this on day one and kinda forgot about it.

Looks so much better than the prototype. Really excited now for this guy.

The scale doesn't bother me at all. Even if Cavill isn't quite that tall, Superman should tower a bit over Bats and everyone else.

One of the best pics so far IMO. Doesn't look so tan here

1499513_602809289792058_818467655_n.jpg

Back