1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

That's fine, you can have this empty, soulless flash-bang-wallop, pyrotechnic farce that insults the legacy of the character.

Just leaves more space for people who like actual Superman films, with a real actor as Superman.

>>>>>> :wink1: <<<<<<

Seriously though, each to their own.

Wow boy...a lot of people really missed the whole point of the original light ribbing that was intended! The naughty wink icon, the '...seriously though'? I thought that it was at least a little amusing but Ramatuelle, you seriously went in with both feet! :lol

Like I said and like I genuinely intended...minor (and obviously controversial - hardly, we covered it in depth for pages and pages, which was the whole point...oh god help me my brain is melting - crap) light ribbing and each to their own.

REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE REEVE

Like him or not as Superman, show some respect and spell his last name right.

Mind blowing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Mind blowing.

Hahaha so true im guilty of that too.

I love reading 99% of peoples comments on this forum, and I can completely see how people could not like the original Superman films as well as MOS. When I was a kid I loved the first two Superman films (mainly Superman 2), but over the years that series was one for me that didn't hold up over time. Does that make it bad? Not in the least. Do I still think Reeve was an awesome Clark/Kal? Definitely.

That being said, I absolutely loved Man of Steel. It is by far my favorite "superhero" film ever. The first time I saw it I came home raving how great it was, how this was the Superman I've always dreamed about. The next day I took my girlfriend, my two roommates and my niece-who doesn't like anything superheroish. Out of the four, my girlfriend and roommates thought it was just okay, if that, and my niece who normally won't even sit through a comic film loved it. Go figure.

As always, it's a matter of taste. I'm just stoked superheroes are finally getting the love they deserve.

:goodpost: well said :hi5:

I'm excited to see this movie again. Can't wait for the Blu ray

Mind blowing.

To be fair it is a pretty easy mistake to make.

Superman The Movie > Man of Steel

That said i will be getting this. I like the Suit, and i liked Henry. It will go great next to CR Supes on display.

Superman The Movie > Man of Steel.

Thats fine: just please no innuendo that those who feel the opposite are.not only wrong but stupid. That is not really aimed at you or anyone else in this thread its just kind of a pervasive undercurrent in these discussions.

Especially when you got Otis .... but we got Nam-Ek. Bwahahaha

Thats fine: just please no innuendo that those who feel the opposite are.not only wrong but stupid. That is not really aimed at you or anyone else in this thread its just kind of a pervasive undercurrent in these discussions.

Especially when you got Otis .... but we got Nam-Ek. Bwahahaha

We'll all be fine as long as we have some chocolate and candied snacks, some 'Where's Wally?' (or Waldo as he is in the States, I believe) books, some crayons and some colouring books.

If they get tired of doing all that, then ask them to think about how DOG is GOD spelt backwards!

That will keep them both happy for hours! :lol

I'm surprised that with all these teaser pics coming out for Thor 2 and Avenger's Bruce Banner that Faora didn't get a look in!

..... See, that is just your point of view that "what he was given to do was sadly lacking." It wasn't at all lacking to me, and certainly made more sense than trying to foil a plot to set off the San Andreas Fault with a hydrogen bomb, or whatever. [I admit to getting a little sleepy around that point.]

From my PoV, the detour he made to stop the World Engine over in Indonesia [or wherever] was a great deal more plausible than his lying to Miss Tasmacher about saving her mother first. WHAT.

I prefer him facing off against Nam-ek than.... Otis?!!! For serious and true, I do not see one single redeeming thing about StM other than Reeve himself, and there was way too much emphasis on him bungling around rather than in stopping a world-altering plot.

Its ok with me that for some people, nostalgia trumps all. Yet to many of us, it is patently false that the plot was "pointless and nonsensical." For everything you find pointless and nonsensical about MoS, I promise you I could find something equally bad if not worse in StM.
Just so you know,Supes didn't lie to Ms.Tessmacher(I think that's how its spelt)about saving Moms first!He did in fact go to Jersey first and that was the reason why he couldn't save Lois in time.:)As cheesy as the Donner film was,it's still a GREAT film and without that film we wouldn't have the hero films that we have today!As for Man of Steel,I thought it was a Great film but for me it seems like the second half was rushed.For me,it seemed as though the film could've definitely used more length to explain certain plot points better.Of course this is just an opinion and not to be taken definitively!Oh yeah before I forget,WTF OTISBURG,I mean come on!?:lol
I love reading 99% of peoples comments on this forum, and I can completely see how people could not like the original Superman films as well as MOS. When I was a kid I loved the first two Superman films (mainly Superman 2), but over the years that series was one for me that didn't hold up over time. Does that make it bad? Not in the least. Do I still think Reeve was an awesome Clark/Kal? Definitely.

That being said, I absolutely loved Man of Steel. It is by far my favorite "superhero" film ever. The first time I saw it I came home raving how great it was, how this was the Superman I've always dreamed about. The next day I took my girlfriend, my two roommates and my niece-who doesn't like anything superheroish. Out of the four, my girlfriend and roommates thought it was just okay, if that, and my niece who normally won't even sit through a comic film loved it. Go figure.

As always, it's a matter of taste. I'm just stoked superheroes are finally getting the love they deserve.

:goodpost: Last sentence,couldn't of said it better my friend!:wink1:

Was just looking at some shots in the "Evil Superman" thread...looks good but the one thing that struck me was....now there's the right shade of red for the MOS version's cape and boots.

Still think the MOS version HT is presenting features the wrong shade of red. Needs to be deeper, more maroon....

Have any new pics popped up anywhere?

This figure is pretty damn sweet. I am really looking forward to this set Superman,Zod,Jor-el, Id love to see a Zod figure with the armor from Krypton and a Faora even the black suit from the dream. Might just have to get two of each to keep them in the box for when my daughter gets older

Was just looking at some shots in the "Evil Superman" thread...looks good but the one thing that struck me was....now there's the right shade of red for the MOS version's cape and boots.

Still think the MOS version HT is presenting features the wrong shade of red. Needs to be deeper, more maroon....

I tried a SR suit on a Reeve Superman to see how it looked a while back.
I think the darker tones always work.
Just ignore the boots.

IMG_3461_zps3ac5b280.jpg

Back