1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

I wouldn't be surprised although lately it seems Hot Toys has been cutting back on how they package their figures. They don't put any effort into the boxes anymore so I feel like this will be no different.

Good point. I think in this case it would be nice to see some big epic box like that one and something commemorating this being #200. I'd probably try to display that somehow. If I had more room I'd get the Reeve one displayed as well.

The 'S' is shaped wrong, the jaw-line is incorrect... see MMS 152 C. Reeve Superman thread for the rest... this thread will follow that thread to the letter.

:slap

I know. It's a *****fest on everything. I hate that I've contributed to it, but let people complain. Who really cares? How does this really affect your love or hate of a figure. Unless we all become elvis1976 and modify the **** out of it or live with what we get. Everyone on this site should just expect the complaints and live with it it's part of the beast.

Good point. I think in this case it would be nice to see some big epic box like that one and something commemorating this being #200. I'd probably try to display that somehow. If I had more room I'd get the Reeve one displayed as well.

This won't get a special box. Reeve had his foundation behind the figure. HT wanted, and I'm sure the family did too, to do something different. MoS has none of what the Reeve figure had; nostalgia, family, etc.

I did a little test and put a comic-look Superman suit on a TTM20 body(With the red pants outside).
And i put a Routh Superman suit on a TTM19 Hawkeye body and left off the underwear from that.
The Routh one looks like it has thicker legs and i think it's because of the lack of pants.

TTM19 on the left, TTM20 on the right.

photo1-7.jpg~original

photo-7.jpg~original

I've said it earlier but here's again. The reason he looks fat is because they probably didn't take the thickness of what seems to be a rubberized fabric into account. He will slim down upon release with the final product. That's what a prototype is for! :)

Last edited:

Is this thread turning into the DX 12 thread with 1000+ pages of why the chest symbol is crooked, etc j/k

All kidding aside, they gotta lose the thigh muscle pieces on this figure

I've said it earlier but here's again. The reason he looks fat is because they probably didn't take in consideration the thickness of what seems to be a rubberized fabric into account. He will slim down upon release with the final product. That's what a prototype is for! :)

I hope your right but I think they have learned for previous releases what customers come to expect and the have other Toy companies for reference so the can see how theirs stacks up.

Looking at the two superman's the superman with the under outside his legs look fine I was surprised that is actually the Terminator body on and maybe its really the suit and its thickness that is causing him to look messed up.

On another note the am almost certain the will offer the black superman as a SDCC exclusive next year. Its nice to see them put these little homages to the comic in the movie. Cant wait till the sequel when he takes on Doomsday and Luther at least that's my guess

That's way too much to throw at people that quickly with Supes. Doomsday and Darkseid would be better for JL IMO.

Actually, I think that's the best Superman comics I've read, especially the World Without A Superman part. It's at the top of my Superman list with Superman vs Spider-Man (nostalgia) and Kingdom Come!

I Love the figure but if i were to nitpick 3 things they'd be:

-make the \S/ bigger and thinner so it doesn't rise off the suit so much

-reduce the scale of the fabric pattern, the chainmail look being so big makes the suit look off, and also make the boots slightly longer

-slightly slimmer body, ie. thighs, arms and more prominent abs

I will buy the figure regardless but if these changes were made it would be perfect

Man you know they are pulling from the best comic book stories and this is a good story.

I feel that doomsday is something they'd use to reboot when Cavill has done two or three and a JL or two.
Then the next film is a kill bill style two parter with cavill playing him in the first and someone else rising from the ashes in the sequel.
I don't think this early in the series they will kill him off so soon.

a great figure is introduced and each and everyone has something bad to say god some people doesnt get satisfied ever.....

Cannot fathom a villian in the second Superman movie other than Lex Luthor. As long as Nolan/Goyer is attached to this they probably will stay away from full blown alien race storylines (Outside of Kryptonians) and let that go for Justice League.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Someone said a probable and plausable plot earlier in the thread......

Spoiler Spoiler:

The big question is at the end of the second film, does a new villian emerge to launch into the Justice League movie. DC doesn't have the time to do full origins and roll it neatly together like The Avengers. They may just go knee deep in it and toss them all into the movie together with no origins of JL.

Last edited:

I feel that doomsday is something they'd use to reboot when Cavill has done two or three and a JL or two.
Then the next film is a kill bill style two parter with cavill playing him in the first and someone else rising from the ashes in the sequel.
I don't think this early in the series they will kill him off so soon.

Well to view it properly it should be seen as the death of superman and the return of superman that could be a full story. Which is most of were the story takes place wit the four different superman each claiming to be real one. So thing along those lines but we will see as I stated earlier Superman does not have a lot of interesting villains so they are sort of limited

Cannot fathom a villian in the second Superman movie other than Lex Luthor.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Someone said a probable and plausable plot earlier in the thread......

Spoiler Spoiler:

The big question is at the end of the second film, does a new villian emerge to launch in the the Justice League movie. DC doesn't have the time to do full origins and roll it neatly together like The Avengers. They may just go knee deep in it and toss them all into the movie together with no origins of JL.

I don't think that is sound plan to many characters to introduce and reboot. A new rebooted batman followed by a more then likely rebooted GL as their is no way they would re introduce that GL in to this movie considering it was received horribly by people.

And then you have any number or other characters who make up the JL from flash to Wonder Women. The Flash maybe easier to introduce since its based on science but how do introduce a character line WW not easy at all.

Back