1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Even if you made 4 separate orders they would charge the nrd. I tried before. They arent stupid.

Even if you made 4 separate orders they would charge the nrd. I tried before. They arent stupid.

Of course. There's no big deal about the NRD. I don't plan on cancelling anyway.
I'd have enjoyed the option of paying for them all upfront.

Yeah. A lot of times I Pre-order from BBTS, but the Pre-order there sold out pretty fast, which kind of surprised me. So, I ended up Pre-ordering it from Sideshow Collectibles. Does anyone here have an opinion on which place is better for Pre-ordering Hot Toys?

Surprisingly enough, all of my usual go-to websites sold out fast of this guy. I had to give in and pay the full price along with tax and shipping to SS. Most other places sell at a discount around 8 to 10 percent and no tax(if you're not in their state).

It amazes me about this sell-out trend that's been happening lately at resellers. IP and Mark XLII from IM3 sold out relatively fast at all the third party shops as well. Is it because more folks are coming into the hobby? I'm guessing its gotten pretty big when Kevin Feige and Clark Gregg are doing promos for Hot Toys. I wouldn't be surprised if Henry Cavill is in a promo shot holding the figure from the sequel in a couple of years...

I thought SS offered free domestic shipping. When did that change?

Surprisingly enough, all of my usual go-to websites sold out fast of this guy. I had to give in and pay the full price along with tax and shipping to SS. Most other places sell at a discount around 8 to 10 percent and no tax(if you're not in their state).

It amazes me about this sell-out trend that's been happening lately at resellers. IP and Mark XLII from IM3 sold out relatively fast at all the third party shops as well. Is it because more folks are coming into the hobby? I'm guessing its gotten pretty big when Kevin Feige and Clark Gregg are doing promos for Hot Toys. I wouldn't be surprised if Henry Cavill is in a promo shot holding the figure from the sequel in a couple of years...

I think it's more due to Sideshow limiting the allotment that those vendors can orders now. I've heard from multiple retailers that they've been limited to a much smaller allotment of these figures by Sideshow. They also can't go over 8% discount on these or Sideshow will cancel their account with them.

It has been confirmed that sideshow is allotting way smaller amounts to retailers and being harsh on their ability to set discounts.

I think it's more due to Sideshow limiting the allotment that those vendors can orders now. I've heard from multiple retailers that they've been limited to a much smaller allotment of these figures by Sideshow. They also can't go over 8% discount on these or Sideshow will cancel their account with them.

Long story short, sideshow is trying to monopolize the hobby? Do you know if this is the case for EU retailers too or only US?

My apologies.
The correct wording is *when ordering 2 or more of this item, a NRD is required*.
I thought it said *more than 2*.
But i wasn't arguing.
Oh no I wasn't arguing with ya either man :1-1:

Hmmm didnt know that. Think that's pretty messed up. B/c what if I ordered one then a couple months later decide I wanted another? I dont think it's right to be charged an NRD for that. I guess that's why some ppl order one from SS and one from another place. But that's why I don't order from SS all that much unless there's an exclusive that I want or they're the last place that has a figure. That and things are usually cheaper at Alter Ego (my to to place). Still trying to decide if I reeeeally want the EX for the 1/6 Vader just b/c of the NRD.

On another note, love you sig man.

Yep. And from what I've heard is that BBTS is one of the retailers that gets more of the retailer allotment than a few other places like Toy Anxiety

Last edited:

Long story short, sideshow is trying to monopolize the hobby? Do you know if this is the case for EU retailers too or only US?

I wouldn't go as far as to say that they're a monopoly, but they are making it difficult for the other guys to compete with them and make a good profit on their stuff.

I've only heard it from the U.S. retailers, but I'd think the same would go for anyone that gets their supply from Sideshow.

Hmmm didnt know that. Think that's pretty messed up. B/c what if I ordered one then a couple months later decide I wanted another? I dont think it's right to be charged an NRD for that. I guess that's why some ppl order one from SS and one from another place. But that's why I don't order from SS all that much unless there's an exclusive that I want or they're the last place that has a figure. That and things are usually cheaper at Alter Ego (my to to place). Still trying to decide if I reeeeally want the EX for the 1/6 Vader just b/c of the NRD.

On another note, love you sig man.

I think its because they will be charged and shipped at the same time.

And thanks! :duff

I broke down and PO'd this. I was going to wait to order after seeing what the HT Toyfair figures would be, but I need this one.

Which Toy Fair are you talking about?

I'm assuming da_rambler20 is talking about Hot Toys convention Exclusives which are labeled as Toy Fair Exclusives that show up at SDCC and all the Asia conventions around the summer time

last year they announced them very late june if i recall correctly.

so could be next week.

It has been confirmed that sideshow is allotting way smaller amounts to retailers and being harsh on their ability to set discounts.

I thought it was Hot Toys that was telling Sideshow to limit figures and discounts to other retailers? That was the rumor going around last fall.

I have a retail license, which I don't even use, but looked about wholesale prices from Sideshow. You have to have a brick/mortar store now and can't see the wholesale price without having your account approved by them. I do not know the limit for wholesale because that can't be seen either without approval. I see nothing wrong with this after buying some HT figures from eBay. Some of this is not known as fact either as I said, I don't plan on using license for HT figs, just smaller, so didn't look into it that much. Just adding some info.

Like Gordon, Cap, and Anjelica last year. Doesn't HT release exclusives like that every year? If not, I'm mistaken.

Can I get a wah wah? No Sideshow or HT exclusives at SDCC this year. :monkey2

https://awesometoyblog.com/2013/06/20/no-sideshow-collectibles-sdcc-exclusives-for-2013/

https://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-...o-sideshow-hot-toy-sdcc-exclusive-2013-a.html

[ame]https://youtu.be/IJ_R-G_i4Xk[/ame]

innerestin....

so maybe ht decided to skip on accounta their production schedule being behind? or sideshow's "exclusives" have fallen out of favor? so much to conjecture ~

and: wah wah.

but whatever. my bank account can seriously use the rest.

I'm assuming da_rambler20 is talking about Hot Toys convention Exclusives which are labeled as Toy Fair Exclusives that show up at SDCC and all the Asia conventions around the summer time

Hopefully SSC's new take on SDCC exclusives won't affect HT's Toy fairs exclusives.

Back