1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

By heart I don't mean Disney.

The Dark Knight trilogy had more heart.

X-Men First Class had more heart.

Iron Man had more heart.

Heart is human emotion and making one care about the people in the movie. The movie didn't make me feel much. No laughs, no pain, no sadness, or happiness. Whatever small glimpses of this it had, was destroyed by the last third of the film. It was just another movie for Snyder to show off his visual prowess, like everything else he has done.

And hope because the movie loves to mention it so many times... and then it doesn't quite deliver it. This is Superman. Wtf man!

I think actors were up to the task, but the directing and writing couldn't back it up. I wanted to love the characters like I do Fassbender's Magneto, Heath Joker, Bale Batman, Hemsworth Thor, etc... but I didn't find myself doing that.

Anyways, I think I'm going on about it enough around here!

As most things, just depends on the person. I felt all those emotions and thought the movie had it as well, especially sadness and pain which were definitely there near the end, with happiness at the very end for sure. But again, all that depends on the person. It's all opinion and at the end of the day, the only opinion that should matter to you is yours. Pretty much "one man's trash is another man's treasure"

:exactly::goodpost:
I agree with you both. I really enjoyed MOS but i did not really care about the characters. IMO a little bit more character development would have fixed a lot of complaints.
Yes, Its all opinion, there are a lot of movies that i love that others do not like as much. If you like the movie that's all that matters it does not matter what I or anyone else thinks.
Still buying this figure and hopefully Faora

Imo, Batman Begins has the same feel as Man of Steel movie wise.
It's just that Hans Zimmer made more memorable tracks for BB, that's
why it seemed more epic.

:exactly::goodpost:
I agree with you both. I really enjoyed MOS but i did not really care about the characters. IMO a little bit more character development would have fixed a lot of complaints.
Yes, Its all opinion, there are a lot of movies that i love that others do not like as much. If you like the movie that's all that matters it does not matter what I or anyone else thinks.
Still buying this figure and hopefully Faora

I was pleased with most of the character arcs, zod, jorel.. But Lois was okay. She believed in superman and continued to do so. The daily planet crew had no arc that I can think of. Faora also didn't change. But she was defiant and aggressive until the end, I was okay with it. It was Clark that kind of failed. He started as a drifter, looking for a place in the world. Well he found it but it was completely at the end of the movie so we did t really get to appreciate it. He also didn't find his place in the conflict, which is why people keep saying they didn't care about the characters during the fight. It was really in the aftermath where Clark was like "alright I guess I'm going to do this." In begins Bruce had a balanced transition period between being lost, finding himself, and proving himself. Clark's beginning was longer, the middle was shorter and the very end was shorter. But whatever I had fun and its not batman so it couldn't break my heart

In begins Bruce had a balanced transition period between being lost, finding himself, and proving himself. Clark's beginning was longer, the middle was shorter and the very end was shorter. But whatever I had fun and its not batman so it couldn't break my heart

Couldn't agree more. Could Nolan have done better? Most likely but not by much I think. Does this movie suck? No, I think it was a good film and I was very entertained.

Does this film have heart? Absolutely! Without giving any thing away - Jonathan and Clark's feud followed by the aftermath is an example. What about Jonathan's vision of his son's future? Totally epic scenes for me that shows a lot of heart.

We cannot compare a Superman film with any other super hero films. Most heros have a major flaw for us to relate with - Superman virtually has none. He has one weakness and is Mr. Perfect overall.
Batman, Xmen, Iron Man - The public in their respective worlds detests them yet they still go on saving the world. You can write a lot of stories for these characters to show "heart".
Superman is tougher to script. He loves every one and every one loves him but that doesn't mean there wasn't any "heart" in this film. If you walk in to see MOS comparing it to Batman then you might as well compare Batman to Inception.

For those who haven't watched it yet - Don't let any of us turn you away from it. It's a good and entertaining film.

Couldn't agree more. Could Nolan have done better? Most likely but not by much I think. Does this movie suck? No, I think it was a good film and I was very entertained.

nolan didn't make this film ~ zac snyder did.

i feel i have to make this distinction because honestly, nolan wouldn't have made this film. it very obvious from the style that he did very little to interfere with snyder's work.

entertaining, absolutely, but definitely no batman.

Last edited:

nolan didn't make this film ~ zac snyder did.

i feel i have to make this distinction because honestly, nolan wouldn't have made this film. it very obvious from the style that he did very little to interfere with zynder's work.

entertaining, absolutely, but definitely no batman.

I know, but there was comments about a comparison between Nolan's Batman and Snyder's Superman:wink1:.

oh sorry ~ misread your "could nolan have done better" comment. now i get your meaning.

absolutely nolan could have done better ~ ha!

: D

I would also agree Nolan wouldn't do it. He liked the journey of Bruce's story in Batman - a man who strived to become more.
Superman's story wouldn't be his thing.

too much flash bang too ~ all that cgi, ugh!

i think that's why he refused it in the first place and only later agreed to produce (wb wanted his name on it somewhere).

\
absolutely nolan could have done better ~ ha!

To be honest, If he did tackle this project - his ending would have been more epic. I think he would have cut out that whole Daily Bugle scene and left the scene before it as closure.

My predictions if they make MOS as a trilogy:
2nd movie - Luthor
3rd movie - Doomsday

too much flash bang too ~ all that cgi, ugh!

i think that's why he refused it in the first place and only later agreed to produce (wb wanted his name on it somewhere).
"All that CGI"...really? :lol You can't do a superman movie with out it. That's like trying to make iron man without CGI. Look at Superman returns. Less CGI but no where near as good
To be honest, If he did tackle this project - his ending would have been more epic. I think he would have cut out that whole Daily Bugle scene and left the scene before it as closure.
Daily Planet you mean. Daily Bugle is for Spider-Man

And I looooved the ending. I wanted to know how it was all going to work out and glad I didn't have to wait for the next movie to find out. I'm glad I didn't end like the last episode of Smallville though which is what I had expected. And it was still epic in that it ended with the final side of Sups revealed/discovered even just for a second and think it sets up the next movie pretty well w/o telling you what you expect to see unlike the ending to Batman Begins

I'm also glad Nolan didnt make this movie. There are many elements of his Batman films I didn't like. Are they great? For sure, but I think Nolan would've taken away alot more of what superman is than what ppl are saying Snyder did (which I don't feel he took really anything away from what superman is tdh).

Last edited:

"All that CGI"...really? :lol You can't do a superman movie with out it.

exactly ~ and again, exactly why nolan didn't want to do it.

i don't like cgi on this scale because even as good as special effects are these days, it's obvious and intangible. actors struggle with it (leading to sometimes awkward performances), and there's no real sense of danger.

use cgi to enhance a scene by all means (hide wires, ghost in a few backgrounds), but the minute the whole screen goes animation, i just check out of the film.

so yeah: not a big fan of iron man or spiderman either.

what saves MoS is cavill as supes and faora (they should have just made her be zod ~ that would have been awesome). the plot is good, but execution is sloppy (too loose, a little diarrhetic). i am confident the sequel could be mindblowing with the right script.

i say skip luthor and go straight to doomsday!

Oops. You are right - Daily Planet!!!

Nolan would have added more of the human sided elements of Clark but taken away the epic battle scenes.
As far as telling a story - Nolan would be my choice.
As far as making a popcorn movie with lots of action - Snyder.

For a Superman movie - Yes - Snyder would be the better choice of the two.

As far as closure with an open ending to a movie - Snyder consulting with Nolan.
Nolan's got this knack for goose bump endings proven in all 3 Batman films and Inception.

Some one posted earlier that "Hope" was the theme of MOS - mentioned several times. The ending needed to reflect that very theme. The scene before the Daily Planet ;)
did just that.

exactly ~ and again, exactly why nolan didn't want to do it.

i don't like cgi on this scale because even as good as special effects are these days, it's obvious and intangible. actors struggle with it (leading to sometimes awkward performances), and there's no real sense of danger.

use cgi to enhance a scene by all means (hide wires, ghost in a few backgrounds), but the minute the whole screen goes animation, i just check out of the film.

so yeah: not a big fan of iron man or spiderman either.

what saves MoS is cavill as supes and faora (they should have just made her be zod ~ that would have been awesome). the plot is good, but execution is sloppy (too loose, a little diarrhetic). i am confident the sequel could be mindblowing with the right script.

i say skip luthor and go straight to doomsday!

Different strokes for different folks then. As Snyder has said, and I agree with, sure you can make Superman with wires, and toss cars in real life and all that but in the end it would look less real b/c everything would be held back. All the amazing things that the Kyrptonians do would be less. And you'd wind up with Superman II battles.
Oops. You are right - Daily Planet!!!

Nolan would have added more of the human sided elements of Clark but taken away the epic battle scenes.
As far as telling a story - Nolan would be my choice.
As far as making a popcorn movie with lots of action - Snyder.

For a Superman movie - Yes - Snyder would be the better choice of the two.

As far as closure with an open ending to a movie - Snyder consulting with Nolan.
Nolan's got this knack for goose bump endings proven in all 3 Batman films and Inception.

Agree to disagree then. Thought everything was great from story, to the hand held way it was shot, the fights, characters, everything. Not saying this movie is flawless, but I found less things I didn't like in Snyder's Superman than things I didn't like with Nolan's Batman

Last edited:

Overall I really enjoyed this film. I do hope Snyder is on for a second run. CG is necessary for a Superman film no doubt about it. When I went to see MOS - Half the audiences stayed until the end of the credits, hoping to see an epilogue like most MARVEL films do. I chuckled when I heard someone yell out "dammit" when nothing appeared. I know the feeling brother, as I thought to myself - we needed an EPIC and meaningful ending but its okay cuz it's not going to be the final ending.

Since we're talking about the movie, did you guys notice:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Since we're talking about the movie, did you guys notice:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back