1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No doubt the MoS is big, but I've also the AT027 (which I'm hoping to make a kitbashed TDKR Bane once the FireToys is released lol) and it's huge!

Nice! I stand corrected for underestimating the size of AT027, however it’s still going to be difficult to find regular clothes to fit the MoS body. With that said, I admittedly haven’t looked in a long while so maybe they make jeans to fit larger figures nowadays, which would be great for everyone.

That WorldBox body would definitely be great for a comic Superman too :yess:

Nice! I stand corrected for underestimating the size of AT027, however it?s still going to be difficult to find regular clothes to fit the MoS body. With that said, I admittedly haven?t looked in a long while so maybe they make jeans to fit larger figures nowadays, which would be great for everyone.

That WorldBox body would definitely be great for a comic Superman too :yess:

No worries, yeah I suspect larger 1/6 articles are available, as clothing for the big Phicen/TBL M34's and 35's are made.

Hi all, just picked this guy up and think its an awesome piece. Really digging Cavill as superman and am hoping a 1/6 Cavill-Geralt of Rivia is in the works.

Anyhoo, just have an issue with the ankle pivot/tilt. On the left leg, the foot won't stay tilted, it just snaps straight back. Is this normal (the boot material prevents it from posing)?

Cheers.

It could be a number of things that are common with rubber boot figures.
1. Could just be that the ankle peg is popped out of the ankle and needs to be popped back in. Easy fix and easy to tell. Just try to slide the boot off. If it comes off easily then you know.
2. If it?s a used figure, someone could have worn out the ankles posability or replaced his ankle legs with different ones to shorten him up and these don?t fit well causing the ankles to be weak. In this case you?d have to get new pegs or dap a little superglue on the ball to thicken it inside the ankle or a piece of paper. This has helped on several of mine.
3. The ankle itself could be broken. This is the worst if the three. This means that you would need to replace the entire ankle piece. A pain to do but not too hard if you can find a match for the ankle length. They pop out easily with a pair of pliers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It could be a number of things that are common with rubber boot figures.
1. Could just be that the ankle peg is popped out of the ankle and needs to be popped back in. Easy fix and easy to tell. Just try to slide the boot off. If it comes off easily then you know.
2. If it?s a used figure, someone could have worn out the ankles posability or replaced his ankle legs with different ones to shorten him up and these don?t fit well causing the ankles to be weak. In this case you?d have to get new pegs or dap a little superglue on the ball to thicken it inside the ankle or a piece of paper. This has helped on several of mine.
3. The ankle itself could be broken. This is the worst if the three. This means that you would need to replace the entire ankle piece. A pain to do but not too hard if you can find a match for the ankle length. They pop out easily with a pair of pliers.

Cheers for the suggestions!

The figure was new and sealed. I pulled off the boot to have a look and messed around with the ball joint outside. Nothing seems to be amiss. I pulled off the other boot to compare, no difference I can see. Could be the ball joint is just too loose. Will do as you suggested and coat a bit of glue around the ball to give it some traction.

Thanks again :)

Love to see this figure is getting love. I finally put a together a Clark Kent together with a displayed MoS suit.

20200103_230808-01.jpg
20200103_230553-01.jpg
20200103_230649-01.jpg

This figure and Jor El for that mater are such impressive figures out of the box. Some of HT's finest sculpts in my opinion.

Great looking custom BTW, what HS is that?

Wowow superb display!!! :clap :clap :clap :clap

So cool to see the suit by itself, but did you have to cut the neck off the body you were using? :thud:

Edor, the sculpt is a Kai Studios custom. N I to have to agree. HT knocked the head sculpt out the park with this MoS. Its ashame they couldn't do it for the BvS Supes.

Zurdo, Thanks! The suit is actually in a Darth Vader body, and yes I had to cut off the neck to achieve this look. Theres a thin layer of black cloth hiding the exposed cavity.

Edor, the sculpt is a Kai Studios custom. N I to have to agree. HT knocked the head sculpt out the park with this MoS. Its ashame they couldn't do it for the BvS Supes.

Zurdo, Thanks! The suit is actually in a Darth Vader body, and yes I had to cut off the neck to achieve this look. Theres a thin layer of black cloth hiding the exposed cavity.

Ah yes, makes sense to use the DV body since it's based on the same mold as the MoS, kudos for awesome customizing.

Someone traded this in at my LCS, so I picked it up for a good price. But wow, didn't realize how much taller he is compared to BVS Supes.

Someone traded this in at my LCS, so I picked it up for a good price. But wow, didn't realize how much taller he is compared to BVS Supes.

He?s properly 1/6. They did the same with Zod. They are 13? tall for a normal height of 6?6?.
Normally these things are 12? scale.
After this they went back to 12? scale for the most part.

If it bothers you, swapping out his ankle pegs for shorter ones + boring the head sculpt a bit deeper (so it can sit lower) will get his height closer to where it should be relative to Batfleck, Aquaman, etc.. But if you put him in a flying pose it really isn't necessary.

Doesn't really bother me, that's just the nature of some Hot Toys. I have Bale standing beside Affleck and he looks like the hulk compared to Bale :lol

Yup that definitely looks burned. If they'e using lights in their display, whatever lights they're using are running really hot plus the figure was probably really close to it. Even the printed pattern looks melted to much that it no longer has that chain-mail look to it anymore. Looks more like gloopy circles. It also looks like they attempted the collar mod and used superglue to glue it in place instead of fabric glue or fabric hemming tape.

Now that you say that, Gipetto, I bet the black on the cape isn’t burn marks but melted black collar from the poor glue work and glue burn in on the suit as well.

Back