1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep because making $200 toys immediately worthless should be on everyone priority list.

^^^ agreed...

Not all of us feel the need to mod our figures.

Here are my stock figs...I hope they don't look "goofy" since I didn't do either cape mods. I'm still pretty happy with both of them!

Not to take away anything from the fantastic looking cape mods, but I'm content with this.

HT_Bat_Sup_IMG_4504.jpg

I actually like to keep my figures as stock as possible. I don't think the MoS figure looks "goofy" at all stock. I'm certain there are, and I've seen mods that would make it look even better, but I think it's already pretty remarkable as it is out of the box. Certainly not "goofy" looking at all by any means.

One of HT best figures in my opinion, even without any mods.

I'm one to keep my figures stock as well, not to say some mods couldn't improve them sometimes but I would think mods do tend to lower the value of collectibles, some may disagree:dunno

I will say that I'm more than happy with MOS right out of the box, stunning figure.

19361054202_5a9c5beb51_b.jpg

If you're selling on eBay then mods would decrease value. But if you were going to sell here on Sideshow Freaks then making it more screen accurate by modding the neck and adding a Tony Mei cape for example would probably make it more valuable.

If you're selling on eBay then mods would decrease value. But if you were going to sell here on Sideshow Freaks then making it more screen accurate by modding the neck and adding a Tony Mei cape for example would probably make it more valuable.

This is a great rule of thumb.

With that said, I also think this particular figure may be the very best example out there of how much a comparitively simple modification can so immediately, completely, and dramatically improve the look of an already tremendous figure.

My fear is that there are those out there who, for whatever reasons are most important to them, decide to keep him stock and then feel like they need to somehow defend that position. Not at all. Whether its fear of devaluation, fear of destroying a fantastic out of the box figure, not wanting to deal with after market replacement parts and costs, or just a purest instinct not to try to fix what ain't broken (or maybe you just think it looks better stock!). There is no reason at all to deride that choice.

But appreciate also that anyone who collects high-end ANYTHING does so out of some passion, so there are going to be strongly held and varying opinions. Let's at the same time respect that, and also thicken up our skin. Very few people have been injured having one of their figures labeled "goofy".

End of rant.

^^^ agreed...

Here are my stock figs...I hope they don't look "goofy" since I didn't do either cape mods. I'm still pretty happy with both of them!

Not to take away anything from the fantastic looking cape mods, but I'm content with this.

View attachment 201806

Great figure and release and great 4 customizing. I 'm a stock collector and love as is ,cool pic.

^^^ agreed...

View attachment 201806

Superb photo – great pose, they look great together.
I'm with you, I don't customise my HotToys figures, mainly because they cost so much money!!!

Yep these figure's are not cheap and admire the custom's guys bravery but i only custom if breaks or kitbashing one for fun. I dont think will ever be brave enough to buy a figure and start customizing right out of brand new box release. Always appreciate the customs from changing suit to black or wiring cape or even just a Clark Kent. I do wish hot toys loved Superman as much Ironman or batman. We need a doomsday sometime along with routh 2.0 , Jorel and the superman 2 cast lex , Zod n gang are way overdue.

I'm honestly not too bothered by the stock neckline on my figure, but I admit I would love to replace the cape with a more accurate wine-colored version someday, since the current one just seems way too bright red.

I'm honestly not too bothered by the stock neckline on my figure, but I admit I would love to replace the cape with a more accurate wine-colored version someday, since the current one just seems way too bright red.

:goodpost:

The stock neckline does not bother me at all either. I've always maintained the conviction that this is one of HT best figures, even right out of the box. However, as you mentioned, I feel the cape could have indeed been a bit darker. The color of Odin's cape on the 1/6 figure of him from "Thor" would have been perfect on MoS. I think the cape on the light armored version of Thor from TDW, though a bit lighter than Odin's but still slightly darker than the MoS cape, would have been good also.

image.jpgimage.jpg

^^^ agreed...

View attachment 201806

Super pic!

I just bought my MOS figure. Is there a tutorial on how to put a wire in the end of the cape? I'm not looking to buy an actual wired cape. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back