1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Hi guys, for you guys who bought Tony Mei cape, did you use the pins which he provided or glue? I want to order his cape but freaking out about using the pins. I've never done mods before.

Anyone still looking for a superman? Im selling mine unopened for $220. PM me if you're interested.

Anyone still looking for a superman? Im selling mine unopened for $220. PM me if you're interested.

I also have an extra one I someone elsw is interesred...if not ill keep it and mod it too and hope tony does a wired cape version later on!

I plan on getting a Tamiya dark blue mixed with a little bit of black for both the gauntlets and collar. Should I get these in gloss to help with the shine effect? Any other tips for painting?

This has quickly become one of my favorite figures...EVAH!!!

Here is another shot.

Looks fantastic guys! Remy, that pic pushed me to mod my Superman last night. It was very scary trying to pry the suit from the inner collar frame! Took 2 hours or so, but I managed to do so thanks to Tony's mod guide and MasterMarf's suggestion. I'm just glad I didn't f*#k up the figure too badly. Some pics post surgery with the stock cape. I just ordered Tony's cape, so I just gotta wait after the 2nd batch is mailed out I think.

6624.jpg5mtv.jpg

Hi guys, for you guys who bought Tony Mei cape, did you use the pins which he provided or glue? I want to order his cape but freaking out about using the pins. I've never done mods before.

Myself, and a few others did use the pins.
The pins are not an issue cause it'll be hidden anyway.

Looks fantastic guys! Remy, that pic pushed me to mod my Superman last night. It was very scary trying to pry the suit from the inner collar frame! Took 2 hours or so, but I managed to do so thanks to Tony's mod guide and MasterMarf's suggestion. I'm just glad I didn't f*#k up the figure too badly. Some pics post surgery with the stock cape. I just ordered Tony's cape, so I just gotta wait after the 2nd batch is mailed out I think.

View attachment 91443View attachment 91444

Glad to help give you that nudge to do the mod. As scary the mod may be, the end result is worth it. :)
Your mod is looking great man. Hopefully you get the cape soon.

Last edited:

Last night, I decided to re-install the custom cape cause I wanted it to be looser around the neck.
Love it!!!! I think it looks better.

Last edited:

Last night, I decided to re-install the custom cape cause I wanted it to be looser around the neck.
Love it!!!! I think it looks better.

Wow... Looks very museum quality like. Amazing job mate! Looking forward to people modding the S emblem as well!

Wow... Looks very museum quality like. Amazing job mate! Looking forward to people modding the S emblem as well![/QUOTE]

Got my paints for that today. Hopefully by the end of the weekend I'll have everything modded except for Tony's cape of course, I'll have to wait until it arrives.

My Mod list

1. Gauntlets repainted...Done
2. Collar repainted........Done
3. Piping repainted.......Done
4. Hair darkened..........Done
5. Collar adjusted.........Done
6. S symbol................. In process
7. Tony cape.................Waiting

Last edited:

Wow... Looks very museum quality like. Amazing job mate! Looking forward to people modding the S emblem as well!
Thank you.

Looks great Remy :clap

Thanks man, I appreciate it. :)

Got my paints for that today. Hopefully by the end of the weekend I'll have everything modded except for Tony's cape of course, I'll have to wait until it arrives.

My Mod list

1. Gauntlets repainted...Done
2. Collar repainted........Done
3. Piping repainted.......Done
4. Hair darkened..........Done
5. Collar adjusted.........Done
6. S symbol................. In process
7. Tony cape.................Waiting

Very cool, looking forward to see you tackle the "S" mod.

Ok I'm stoked! Mine's coming this month, hopefully, but since I only have one preordered, I'm going to need to get my hands on another one to try out these mods. Great mods so far guys!

To all who are still considering modding this guy, take it from a man who keeps his figures boxed up all the time, if I can muster the courage to mod my DX12 then surely everyone else can as well.

Tony's cape is amazing looking in Remy's picture.

How does one buy a cape from TonyMeis?

How does one buy a cape from TonyMeis?

To buy a cape from Tony Meis, you must follow a series of subtle clues and solve ten riddles, each more fiendish than the last.
The final challenge is a tight rope walk over a fiery chasm with no safety rope. Few survive, and only the most worthy are judged fit to receive a cape from Tony.

Or you could just email him and send some cash his way.

To buy a cape from Tony Meis, you must follow a series of subtle clues and solve ten riddles, each more fiendish than the last.
The final challenge is a tight rope walk over a fiery chasm with no safety rope. Few survive, and only the most worthy are judged fit to receive a cape from Tony.

Or you could just email him and send some cash his way.

The last one seems too complicated, I'll follow the first one!

Back