1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Hello there eveyone, been a lurker around these hot toys threads for some time now and have finally decided to sign up here on sideshow freaks! :wave Figured I'm already getting deep into the rabbit hole, might as well embrace it and join in on the fun here on the forum! Received my Man of Steel Supes yesterday, just wanted to echo the general consensus around here that he is MASSIVELY impressive in-hand! :clap

View attachment 88953
View attachment 88957
View attachment 88958

I look forward to everyone's photos! And hopefully if tony's tutorial is easy enough to go through, I'd love to get me a custom cape for this guy!

Welcome to the forums cool display.

Welcome to the forums, and glad you are enjoying Supes. :)

Thank you for the welcome! And yes the Superman figure is an absolute HOME RUN from Hot Toys, it really has an amazing presence and the paint on the head sculpt is just unbelievable! So much detail in one headsculpt, really am glad I picked him up

Thanks GOLFPRO! Didn't expect such detail, much appreciated! I hope you don't mind my borrowing your idea with a little twist. Your display inspired me to get my build on.

TONY MEI! Count me in for a custom cape when/if you're selling. That cape drapes likeaboss!

I don't get it.

i think it refers to the length of clarks trousers lol,a little half mast ,as in " why dont you spread some jam on your shoes and invite you trousers down for tea " lol, personally i think there fine ,adds to his farm boy charm lol

Big guy this Superman is...
image.jpg
image.jpg

Standing on both their stands, DX12 and Superman are about level... If you can look past the fact that their feet are not even close to being level :lol
Doesnt look all that bad in person, at least for me whenever I choose to not use the waist grabber which will be every now and then to avoid any possible damage to the suit if indeed it's been established that it leaves marks on the suit detail.

Any ideas on how to mod the grabber so it doesn't mar the suit? An extra piece of softer foam, maybe? Is it the strength of the grip that leaves indentations, or just the foam? I'd like to fly this guy when i get him.

So Christian Bale is 6' exactly and Henry Cavill is 6'1" so in defense of HT it's in 1/6 scale. You have to take into consideration that the actors are not the same height so why should their figure be? Unless you want to fault HT for being too attention to detail LOL!

I know some people are really wanting to display him with the DX12 and you can. Just remember if those two actors playing these characters were to be toe to toe on the same screen, Cavill would have an inch on Bale.

Also that pic with Supes and Bane is pretty accurate if you take into account Tom Hardy is only 5'9 in real life.

So Christian Bale is 6' exactly and Henry Cavill is 6'1" so in defense of HT it's in 1/6 scale. You have to take into consideration that the actors are not the same height so why should their figure be? Unless you want to fault HT for being too attention to detail LOL!

I know some people are really wanting to display him with the DX12 and you can. Just remember if those two actors playing these characters were to be toe to toe on the same screen, Cavill would have an inch on Bale.

They can never pay TOO much attention to detail! The problem is we'll always be here to nitpick :lol

I've of the camp that likes that Superman is bigger, I would have a big problem if it were the other way around LOL that would look much more awkward! Was thinking of maybe just making a diorama base for the both of them, a torn-up city street scene where any height discrepancy is thrown out the window. I really do like the way they look next to each other, I think superman in a ready to brawl pose and Batman in a calculative pose can compliment each other. Cheers :wave

Exactly DoubleJ, which would technically put his figure at 11.5 inches on the 1/6 scale. Though HT did make him an even 12 inches. Perhaps they are paying more attention to accurate 1/6 scale now instead of just making everything 12 inches.

Would love to see a pic if you do that Messi167. Perhaps even put two 1/4 scale dark knight bases together, that would be a descent torn up city street diorama. Unless you wanna go straight up custom with it. Either way post some pics when you get it done. I think that would look epic!!!

Would love to see a pic if you do that Messi167. Perhaps even put two 1/4 scale dark knight bases together, that would be a descent torn up city street diorama. Unless you wanna go straight up custom with it. Either way post some pics when you get it done. I think that would look epic!!!

I thought about the 1/4 batman base and maybe incorporating it into the actual diorama and building around it? Have no idea how i would go about doing that as ive never really done anything of the sort, but for Batman and Supes I really am thinking about a custom dio. Maybe I'll sketch something out, it sounds wonderful in theory... Now to visualize exactly HOW to make it! :lol

Mine gets here Wednesday, seeing these awesome pics is not making it any easier.

Thanks. I am hoping my MOS figures will be with me the week after next. They are due to arrive in Il on tuesday, then i am at the mercy of the international post for them to get to me in Scotland.

Lol... Don't you just wish you lived in China? They got all their stuff first.. Smh..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back