1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

I just watched MOS again...he definitely doesn't look as tall as the figure portrays.... What is the logic there on Hot Toy's end? Zod in the movie was way taller, does that mean that figure will be a beast?

I like the height for prescience, but this fig looks ginormous.

Yeah he is about as tall as Predator, some say he looks closer to 1/5th scale than 1/6th.

Is it just me or am I the only one who thinks Superman is too short for Superman and should be taller?

No I always thought that, he is not really tall like Reeve was but just a bit taller than average.

This figure.

This figure is 13 inches tall, which is a lot taller than most 1/6th scale figures. How tall do you want the figure to be?

I don't care about the actor's height... it's almost always over stated for promos and marketing anyhow

Hell Arnold is stated at over 6 feet tall and we all know he is way shorter than that.

I doubt it, I would say his peak height was at least 6 feet, before he was famous he was listed as 6'1 in Pumping Iron. Now he might of shrunk to 5'11. I wouldn't call that way shorter than 6 feet.

I agree, Christopher Reeve was perfect. Heck even Brandon Routh was a good height. Henry just seems average and doesn't stand out. I think it will become more apparent when Ben Affleck becomes present. He is 6'4" which puts him well above Cavill.

That's going to be an issue with Ben being Batman next to Cavill, Ben is much taller and who knows with the bat suit he might look even bigger IMO.

But Cavill is so well built, so it might even out. I'll just have to wait and see how they make Ben look in the film I guess.:dunno

You know everybody is probably expecting Bats to have armor, what if they completely change to the more traditional comic book style or Jim Lee influenced costume. I hope they don't, but suppose they do.

Last edited:

I agree, Christopher Reeve was perfect. Heck even Brandon Routh was a good height. Henry just seems average and doesn't stand out. I think it will become more apparent when Ben Affleck becomes present. He is 6'4" which puts him well above Cavill.

The height differential is why I always dismissed the idea of WB selecting an actor much taller than Cavil for the Batman role. I was really surprised by their choice. In MOS they didn't even attempt to make Cavil look taller. His boots had no lift at all. By the way, I think Routh is 6'3"

That's going to be an issue with Ben being Batman next to Cavill, Ben is much taller and who knows with the bat suit he might look even bigger IMO.

But Cavill is so well built, so it might even out. I'll just have to wait and see how they make Ben look in the film I guess.:dunno

You know everybody is probably expecting Bats to have armor, what if they completely change to the more traditional comic book style or Jim Lee influenced costume. I hope they don't, but suppose they do.

It wasn't an issue with Tom Hardy's Bane against Bale's Batman. Tom Hardy is shorter than Bale but through camera tricks, they at least made them appear to be the same height

So i see since this figure is so perfect there is nothing to really complain about, so folks are focusing on it's height.

Thanks for the home run HT! LOOKING FORWARD TO IT.

So i see since this figure is so perfect there is nothing to really complain about, so folks are focusing on it's height.

Thanks for the home run HT! LOOKING FORWARD TO IT.

Well I don't have to tell you my thoughts on him as you know by now, but I'll leave the skeptics with the same thought.

Wait till they get him in hand and judge for themselves. :lecture

The height differential is why I always dismissed the idea of WB selecting an actor much taller than Cavil for the Batman role. I was really surprised by their choice. In MOS they didn't even attempt to make Cavil look taller. His boots had no lift at all. By the way, I think Routh is 6'3"

That's what he is billed at.

Cavill is billed at 6'1, which is taller than average just not real tall like 6'3 plus, hence why he didn't stand out like Reeve or Routh did in the Superman movies.

It wasn't an issue with Tom Hardy's Bane against Bale's Batman. Tom Hardy is shorter than Bale but through camera tricks, they at least made them appear to be the same height

Yeah but there was only two inches difference between them.

True but Bale was also in a big armor suit, it's hard to even tell if it was really Bale doing the Bane fight scenes, could've been a bigger stunt double. But Cavill did practically all his stunts that were non CG related that's why he worked out so much for the role.:lecture

Why is an actor's real height such a big deal? It's not like you notice it on screen (just look at Cruise, Hardy, Keaton, Arnold, etc.) and you'll probably never meet them in person.

so excited I just gort a notice of billing from sideshow

Maybe one of those crazies that would prefer this inaccurate mess of a body:

902053_press01-001.jpg

Looking at this now, I can definitely see a vast improvement:clap

FOR THOSE WHO QUESTION MY HEIGHT...TALK TO THE HAND!!!

COME TO ME FELLOW COLLECTORS AND FREAKS..YOU CAN"T RESIST YOU MUST OWN ME FOR YOUR COLLECTION!

Last edited:

This figure is 13 inches tall, which is a lot taller than most 1/6th scale figures. How tall do you want the figure to be?

I doubt it, I would say his peak height was at least 6 feet, before he was famous he was listed as 6'1 in Pumping Iron. Now he might of shrunk to 5'11. I wouldn't call that way shorter than 6 feet.

I can't help notice that you like to disagree with me for the sake of disagreeing.

Allow me to enlighten you.
Water is wet.

so he and jor el turned up today, Supes in hand looks great as do his proportions, the stands however IMO are ridiculously big. I have supes posed in a master light house case and the base overhangs by a few cm which doesn't allow the front panel to go on.

no complaints on the figure front glad i picked him up, no pictures sadly as i only have my phone, main camera battery is dead as a dodo.

I can't help notice that you like to disagree with me for the sake of disagreeing.

It's his specialty, half the time he contradicts himself trying to make a "point".
His grasp on logic is weak put he is entertaining. :lecture

Back