1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Agreed. DX13 & Supes are my favourites for FOTY. Great pics too Guyver.

I know! but DX13 isn't a piece of junk, that's a little harsh ain't it?

Yes, 'twas a bit harsh. DX13 is a fantastic figure.

PSST..HEY GUYS CHILL OUT!..IT CAN GO THE OTHER WAY TOO!!
GUYVER DID SAY HIS TWO FOTY CHOICES

PSST..HEY GUYS CHILL OUT!..IT CAN GO THE OTHER WAY TOO!!
GUYVER DID SAY HIS TWO FOTY CHOICES

Looks like Skynet built Metallo and sent him back in time to terminate earths savior.

Kal-el: "I'm here to fight for truth ,justice and the American way"
Metallo:"Wrong"...BLAM!

Entertaining pics paramoremcr & Guyver! Keep them coming! :clap

While I'm still looking forward to this figure, I'm still just disappointed by the size as confirmed by all the pics. I'm sure it will look great in hand and I will need to display apart from other lines. The thing is Jor-El (5'11" Crowe) is in correct scale, so Superman (6' Cavill) will tower over him as well. So who knows where Zod will land (preferably with the rest of the collection rather than super sized). I'm hoping this is not some kind of plan for a new scale and that this was just a one-time aberration. Hopefully HT will make adjustments to the size of future MoS figures such as a DX Kal-El/Superman with blue and black suits, 2-3 head sculpts (one with swap-out "heat vision" eyes), and a few more features. So long as it brings things back into the regular scale. Then I can be a-okay with this.

The zod figure's specs say that he is going to be about the same size as MOS

Entertaining pics paramoremcr & Guyver! Keep them coming! :clap

Yea awesome pics...I was tryn 2 help bt my lack of a good camera just wasnt cuttin it lol...I did take quite a few some almost identical to your last set except mine was with the joker 2.0 lol. I actually gave up bc yalls were just so much clearer and plus ive pulled mines right elbow out like twice so im done....ill just enjoy looking at yalls from now on and im not sure why this guy didnt make the foty poll...def my pic

Yea awesome pics...I was tryn 2 help bt my lack of a good camera just wasnt cuttin it lol...I did take quite a few some almost identical to your last set except mine was with the joker 2.0 lol. I actually gave up bc yalls were just so much clearer and plus ive pulled mines right elbow out like twice so im done....ill just enjoy looking at yalls from now on and im not sure why this guy didnt make the foty poll...def my pic

Well I have a lousy P & S camera, it's really hard to focus it at times, I have to really position myself to get the right angles :slap

My backgrounds are horrendous, I only have one amble spot that I can get a good shot, I have to make my shots creative otherwise they would look lackluster.:lecture

Well, i wouldn't panic just yet.
there are a few really good reasons why Alfred and Bruce will be *The old 1/6* scale.
First, they are re-using the DX12 body for the Batman suit, and second, they are using the DX12 Bruce head.
It has better paint apps but still has lips like the Twilight Zone gremlin.
Finally, Alfred wouldn't be made in a new scale while Bruce and Batman were in the old scale.

gremlintwilightzone.jpg

It does seem to be the case. Speaking of the dio, the price is a bit steep no matter which set you pick though I would love me an Alfred.

I don't actually have the figure yet, although i do have four on order from Sideshow.
But i do have an ongoing relationship with a parts seller in HK(With whom i have spent maybe $3000 buying misc parts over the last three years), and so when a figure comes out, i generally get really great deals on parts.
When it hit the shelves, i sent a message and got a couple of headsculpts sent to me for a great price.
I expect i *could* get a good deal on a full figure, but i'd like to save that for something *really* special, as i know their main deal is parting a figure to make the maximum amount from all the parts.
The pic i posted with it on a body was a hybrid suit i posted a few months back. It's a DC Direct Superman Returns suit with the striping added by me, and the body is a HT Reeve(But i am thinking of swapping it out for a DX10 body as the Reeve is too small).

04665134-0B53-4939-9DF0-8C36B8025088.jpg

Ah.. Wow this hobby is really expensive innit? I've spent more on this hobby than I do on other stuff, mainly those that concern my well being like food and stuff. LOL. Thanks for letting us know mate and post more pics of your collection!

Yes, 'twas a bit harsh. DX13 is a fantastic figure.

It's just one man's opinion.
I love watching the Terminator movies. They are great and it's an amazing premise.
I love the idea of someone coming back from the future in an effort to change the past. It doesn't have to be from a war ravaged place.
But i have no desire to own a terminator figure(Even though i have a DX10, and both MMS Terminator sculpts for custom projects).
When i look at the DX13 all i think is that it looks like a less versatile figure than the DX10.
But like i say, it wasn't meant to upset anyone, and i hope it's fine that i post my opinion. I'd never seek out the DX13 thread and upset everyone. I just saw these pics here and decided to say what i thought about it.

Ah.. Wow this hobby is really expensive innit? I've spent more on this hobby than I do on other stuff, mainly those that concern my well being like food and stuff. LOL. Thanks for letting us know mate and post more pics of your collection!

Man, where have you been?
I post pics of my collection all over the place, lol.
It's in this gallery here:
https://s52.photobucket.com/user/Al...library/Hot Toys Misc?sort=2&start=all&page=1

I love watching the Terminator movies. They are great and it's an amazing premise.
I love the idea of someone coming back from the future in an effort to change the past. It doesn't have to be from a war ravaged place.
But i have no desire to own a terminator figure(Even though i have a DX10, and both MMS Terminator sculpts for custom projects).
When i look at the DX13 all i think is that it looks like a less versatile figure than the DX10.
But like i say, it wasn't meant to upset anyone, and i hope it's fine that i post my opinion. I'd never seek out the DX13 thread and upset everyone. I just saw these pics here and decided to say what i thought about it.

No worries Barry :1-1:

no worries! it's your opinion! i was just poking fun that's all! Sorry mate!
I like this except for the height issue. If they do go down this road, i might as well sell my older figures. Hope this is a one off.

I'm a huge fan of Arnie's 80s and 90s movies and I *love* both the tech noir and DX10 sculpts. For all the detractors, I feel the PERS is something that, if the look were perfected, should be included in all releases.

i agree too. but only if perfected.

I had no intention of buying this as I already have SuperReeve but dagnabit.. some of these pictures and reviews are putting thoughts in my head! I've been waiting to find a companion display item to go with SuperReeve. The thought was I would find a villian and I was considering Zod but maybe I'll do a old/new Superman display. hmmmm...

I had no intention of buying this as I already have SuperReeve but dagnabit.. some of these pictures and reviews are putting thoughts in my head! I've been waiting to find a companion display item to go with SuperReeve. The thought was I would find a villian and I was considering Zod but maybe I'll do a old/new Superman display. hmmmm...

That's my plan.

Back