1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

That's was my first impression when OMG's pictures were first released as well. However, after viewing the special features last night, Cavill was really jacked and lean in the torso. Looks accurate at least in my eyes.

:exactly: I watched that disc the other day too and man did he work out.

I really was shocked to see that the parts that I thought were clearly CGI, were actually the actors :lecture

:exactly: I watched that disc the other day too and man did he work out.

I really was shocked to see that the parts that I thought were clearly CGI, were actually the actors :lecture

No, the suit was sculpted latex. Cavill was in good shape, but those muscles were latex (in the suit). A giant rubber muscle suit. Arms, legs, abs, chest were all sculpted into the suit. That's why it looked CG.

From what I heard, that sculpted latex was based off of his actual beefed up muscular physique so while yes it is a rubber muscle suit, it's still Cavill's muscles

I haven't even seen the film but I want this figure - I'm not even a massive Superman fan. The cape looks fantastic. The figure is so simple yet very striking.

give it a watch your in for a treat ,i got a free download that i dont need with my blu ray ,pm me and ill give you the code cheers chris

As long as it doesn't look too black in hand I'll live with it.

Certain angles on photos it looks more greyish.

These will be my display poses. Really looking forward to the new base

Minor nitpick though, I just now noticed his belt area is yellow, in the movie I think its more charcoal gray. No biggie, didn't even noticed til now, and easy fix if I want to mod it.

i got mine yesterday ,honestly after the news yesterday ,i didnt bother to much with it ,but i thought Daron would be one of the first to want to see comparisons ,so here they are ,sorry for the crappy pics ,its still dark in leafy Cheshire , i think that supes make the rest look like teenagers by comparison ,in terms of height and size ,but other than the cape length i think all parts could be ported to a smaller figure or shorter ankle pegs to make him more compatible with earlier figures ,which to me is part of the fun of collecting ,spidey hanging out with supes ,thor and bats,
20131220_125422_zpsfd98a98b.jpg
20131220_125609_zps38256237.jpg
20131221_152637_zpsd5bdcf7a.jpg
20131221_152741_zps11a37e1d.jpg
20131221_152845_zpsaa6b9033.jpg
20131221_152911_zps0e968e51.jpg

Have you tried to put shorter pegs on it yet?

Reeve head kind of works, thanks for the pics, love the 1st pose

Have you tried to put shorter pegs on it yet?

no not yet ,ive miss placed my needle nosed pliers ,ill do it and post pics as soon as i can ,,the pose in the first 2 pics was down to my son ,hes heavy in to body building and has a great sense of pose and stance

no not yet ,ive miss placed my needle nosed pliers ,ill do it and post pics as soon as i can ,,the pose in the first 2 pics was down to my son ,hes heavy in to body building and has a great sense of pose and stance
Lol, maybe that's why I like em so much, I'm also a lifter(don't have the dedication for diet, to be a bodybuilder)

i got mine yesterday ,honestly after the news yesterday ,i didnt bother to much with it ,but i thought Daron would be one of the first to want to see comparisons ,so here they are ,sorry for the crappy pics ,its still dark in leafy Cheshire , i think that supes make the rest look like teenagers by comparison ,in terms of height and size ,but other than the cape length i think all parts could be ported to a smaller figure or shorter ankle pegs to make him more compatible with earlier figures ,which to me is part of the fun of collecting ,spidey hanging out with supes ,thor and bats,
20131220_125422_zpsfd98a98b.jpg
20131220_125609_zps38256237.jpg
20131221_152637_zpsd5bdcf7a.jpg
20131221_152741_zps11a37e1d.jpg
20131221_152845_zpsaa6b9033.jpg
20131221_152911_zps0e968e51.jpg

Those are really the first pics that matter as they're not photoshopped in any way!

Beautiful, beautiful figure, Libby! congrats! Mine should be here anyday now!

I just wish DGT could see this...:monkey2

Now I really want to see a Superman vs. Thor match play out, haha!

yeah totally agree about DGT ,it was my birthday yesterday ,got word my supes was at DHL for the collecting ,set off got back and read the sad news ,supes didnt seem so important after that ,spent time with my kids putting the tree up ,i hope yours gets here soon ,hows that modern cavil head look ,

Congrats LIBBY1957DOG, Supes looks excellent in your pics. :clap

You can the main difference in height looks to be the torso
The waist is almost at the same point between the two figs

yeah totally agree about DGT ,it was my birthday yesterday ,got word my supes was at DHL for the collecting ,set off got back and read the sad news ,supes didnt seem so important after that ,spent time with my kids putting the tree up ,i hope yours gets here soon ,hows that modern cavil head look ,

I get you!

I'm spending Christmas with my dad and mom. Last year, about the same date, she had a stroke and is left disabled on the left side.

I wasn't going to do much for Christmas this year as, clearly, it will never be the same.

But what happened to DGT has made me think that this Christmas might be the last for them, or me who knows, and that no matter what, you have to make things memorable .

Today, I've picked up a tree...

Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday to you my friend

Lol, maybe that's why I like em so much, I'm also a lifter(don't have the dedication for diet, to be a bodybuilder)

well if thats a picture of you in your post ,wow congrats ,you've got some guns on you ,just hope our Chris doesn't take it too far ,hes got a great build atm ,but im genuinely concerned hes got that body dismophia thing ,he is never satisfied with himself ,im worried he will end up freakish and unable to function in the real world ,but thats a long way off ,hopefully its something hes going through

well if thats a picture of you in your post ,wow congrats ,you've got some guns on you ,just hope our Chris doesn't take it too far ,hes got a great build atm ,but im genuinely concerned hes got that body dismophia thing ,he is never satisfied with himself ,im worried he will end up freakish and unable to function in the real world ,but thats a long way off ,hopefully its something hes going through

It's me, thanks, took it down as this forum isn't the place(need a fig pic)
It can go bad but there are tons of positives, the confidence you gain by seeing the changes that you are making was very important to my development
How old is your boy?

16 k sorry to hear about your mom ,your right my friend "tomorrow is promised to no one "make the most of your folks there's nothing that comes close to replacing them ,all the best to you and yours from me and mine , cheers chris

Back