1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

The body still looks too chunky for me.

If they fix it - I'll buy.

If not - :huh :lol

It might still be slightly a bit chunky but it is nothing compared this.

But it's not? Any skinnier and he'll look wrong.

henry-cavill-.jpg

images

He looks leaner in the background pic though. When you are hunched over you look bulkier than you do standing straight like this.

Yeah.. I don't know. :lol

The con pics look ok, but whether it's perspective / angle / futzing of the cape - whatever.. I ain't feeling it yet.

Unreal. The updated proto is perfect. Any slight slimming down and he will look skinny. Like the routh SR figure.

In the mag cover you linked us, he looks slimmer because of the position of his arms. Any diesel guy can have the biggest arms out there, but it's only apparent when you see them from the side, like in the pics provided by dominishin, but a straight on view, you lose the sense of mass. That's why he looks slimmer in the mag cover.

The first proto, that was huge. But now it's damn right perfect.

You're right about the arms looking thicker from the side. That's what I meant when I covered those factors above..

It's not perfect though. :lol I hope the musculature shading isn't as obvious on the final figure - that's one thing.

Also - the cape needs to sit flatter on his shoulders, & drape away more from his neck line, not all bunched up like it is now. It may just be a futzing thing though..

Last edited:

Unreal. The updated proto is perfect. Any slight slimming down and he will look skinny. Like the routh SR figure.

In the mag cover you linked us, he looks slimmer because of the position of his arms. Any diesel guy can have the biggest arms out there, but it's only apparent when you see them from the side, like in the pics provided by dominishin, but a straight on view, you lose the sense of mass. That's why he looks slimmer in the mag cover.

While I agree with your analysis, I still think he looks too bulky but its only slightly bulky and it is just nit picking, since it is still a massive improvement what Hot Toys did compared to the ones in the promo shots.

I hope HT removes the black from the gauntlet & "belt" detailing and has it all one color, as these pics posted above show is more true to the actual costume. The body of the skinsuit should be all one color, except for the touches of gold at the belt.

I was thinking that black detailing was wrong, and sure enough - its wrong. They can take that off ASAP.

Man. This fig looks sick. The fact that they managed to emulated the veins on his muscles is just blowing my mind.

I'd get a 1/4 for sure if they made one.

Sorry for being off topic, but theres not a lot going on tonight. And a bunch were discussing this yesterday. I was going to suggest Jensen Ackles for Batman but wasn't sure. I'm not alone

https://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/content/supernaturals-jensen-ackles-wants-play-new-batman

I don't know. If he was completely unknown, I'd say he has the looks. He's even tall enough @ 6'1, but I just can't look at him anymore without seeing Dean Winchester.

I don't know. If he was completely unknown, I'd say he has the looks. He's even tall enough @ 6'1, but I just can't look at him anymore without seeing Dean Winchester.

Same. I just see him as Dean Winchester. Still, it would be a surprise to see if he could pull it off.

Benedict Cumberbatch as Brainiac.

Yeah, but it's the fantastic job he's done as Dean that makes me say he would be excellent in the role. He could be both charming and damaged. Plus have the underlying darkness that Bruce carries around. I think hevwould be awesome next to nothing Cavil.

Same. I just see him as Dean Winchester. Still, it would be a surprise to see if he could pull it off.

Lol, I could see that. He does have that "alien" look about him. I could definitely see it if they modeled the design off of the animated series.

Brainiac-animated.jpg

Yeah, but it's the fantastic job he's done as Dean that makes me say he would be excellent in the role. He could be both charming and damaged. Plus have the underlying darkness that Bruce carries around. I think hevwould be awesome next to nothing Cavil.

Yea, Cavill would look like absolute cardboard next to him. I guess that would fit right in with their characterizations from the comics. :)

Yea, Cavill would look like absolute cardboard next to him. I guess that would fit right in with their characterizations from the comics. :)

Batman did tell Superman that the last time he inspired anyone was when he died, so there is that.:rotfl

That was my hesitation when I initially thought of him. He is a pretty good actor. Especially when anger is needed. He's been as angry as Banner throughout Supernatural

That was my hesitation when I initially thought of him. He is a pretty good actor. Especially when anger is needed. He's been as angry as Banner throughout Supernatural

Eh, if he dyed the hair, not bad. Don't know how the cowl would look on him though. I thought Bale was gonna look bad ***, but his face was always so smooshed in there, that it made his gaunt face look chubby at times.

boy-dean-winchester-eyes-jensen-ackles-man-Favim.com-246162.jpg

:exactly: I hope they leave him alone now!

It's Cavill. And if you don't think he's a good actor then watch The Tudors.

Back