1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

If they give the villain(s) their full biosuits, they will likely be 300 dollars.
I would settle for the armour they work on Krypton. I liked it's design better than the Earth armour. For Zod they could get away with just him in his black undergarment.

Imagine a full DIECAST Zod :gah:

NO.NO.NO.

Every time I look at the Superman I think they need to let some air out of the costume because he looks like he's wearing an inflatable. Really hope this is addressed before the official release or I'll likely end up cancelling and waiting for a DX version (maybe even with a black suit variant).
Depending on how well MoS sells, I'm reasonably sure Zod will be shown at some point before the end of the year. Faora is probably much more of a long shot. Maybe a TF EX.

I would settle for the armour they work on Krypton. I liked it's design better than the Earth armour. For Zod they could get away with just him in his black undergarment.

I hope so. Spiked hair Faora then.

:yess:

Well, the more I look the more I am unhappy not only about tights and his belly, but about his cape material and form (it seems to be round-cut :slap). The cape was majestic in the movie, it looks not so impressive on display. Let's hope the color and shape and thickness of the material will be right, and it will fall nicely (and it will not be a copy of Thor's cape) :pray:
2401924-superman.jpg

Well, the more I look the more I am unhappy not only about tights and his belly, but about his cape material and form (it seems to be round-cut :slap). The cape was majestic in the movie, it looks not so impressive on display. Let's hope the color and shape and thickness of the material will be right, and it will fall nicely (and it will not be a copy of Thor's cape) :pray:
2401924-superman.jpg

I have replaced all the HT capes i have, so i was not expecting this to be any different. The in person picks show a great deal more definition to the upper body than the prototype photos. HT has roughly 7-8 months if we are being honest to work out all the kinks. Still excited for this one, can't wait till they show pics of Zod and Faora:pray:

Sorry if this isn't 100% on topic, but I saw a clip on YouTube of the nightmare scene from Man of Steel and wanted to ask, is Superman's suit black in that scene? I saw the con exclusive black version statue but assumed it was just a variant for the sake of a con, but I wasn't sure if it was actually from that scene.

I only saw the movie once in the cinema and didn't pick up on all the differences in the various costume variations.

Sorry if this isn't 100% on topic, but I saw a clip on YouTube of the nightmare scene from Man of Steel and wanted to ask, is Superman's suit black in that scene? I saw the con exclusive black version statue but assumed it was just a variant for the sake of a con, but I wasn't sure if it was actually from that scene.

I only saw the movie once in the cinema and didn't pick up on all the differences in the various costume variations.

I read that they used the original costume for the scene but it was digitally graded to black suit/cape with a silver S symbol.
But it's hard to see even when you're looking for it...

Its from the movie. Interview with costume designer ...

https://www.supermanhomepage.com/movies/movies.php?topic=interview-michaelwilkinson

Q: Once the design of the suit was settled on, how many copies were created? I imagine, as in previous films, there would have been costumes and capes created specifically for various scenes and requirements (i.e. walking, flying, fighting)?

A: There was a total of 14 suits built. Some of them had different fabrications due to the requirement of the script - there was a black+silver one for the Nightmare scene with Zod, and a couple with slightly less padding in the shoulders for the flying scene (so that Henry could stretch his arms into the iconic flying position). Mainly the multiples were created to deal with the wear-and-tear from the lengthy shoot and the complex stunt sequences.

There was a black/silver suit made for the nightmare scene. Doesn't sound like it was digitally altered, either, but like they built a completely different suit.

yhEyJBd.jpg

SnakeDoc

I read that they used the original costume for the scene but it was digitally graded to black suit/cape with a silver S symbol.
But it's hard to see even when you're looking for it...

Interview with costume designer ...

https://www.supermanhomepage.com/movies/movies.php?topic=interview-michaelwilkinson

There was a black/silver suit made for the nightmare scene. Doesn't sound like it was digitally altered, either, but like they built a completely different suit.

SnakeDoc

That's cool, I knew someone would have some info. Thanks guys. I thought the black version statue looked really cool but assumed it was just done for the sake of it, didn't think it was actually in the movie. But when I noticed it it seemed really cool. I actually wish we'd seen Zod in just his black suit and cape for a bit more. A really cool look.

I'd really love to see some production or behind the scenes stuff with the black Superman suit. Just to get a better look at it.

SHH has a MOS vs STM poll.

Popcorn.gif.

Irony of ironies, there's a scene in the movie where there's a tear in the suit. I noticed it the first time i saw the movie and paid close attention on subsequent viewings and it's there. I would have thought someone would have noticed and fixed it in post production. But they didn't

Man I wonder what the reaction would be if black suit Sups was a com EX next year. Would it have the same reaction as the Evil Sups?? :lol

"Wtf kinda EX is that? All they did was change the suit and base! Total fail HT! Easy pass!"

It would probably be more accepted because it would actually look distinctive. But considering it was from one dream sequence it would seem like a lame option to me.

And agreed. It would be more distinctive so accepted more.

But perfect for an exclusive though. Not a big want by everyone but a lot of people would go for it and the low numbers would work.

The cr exclusive would be great if they had painted it right and/or tweaked the expression.

Yea I can't see myself buying it. If I wanted that version in 1/6, I'd go the slightly cheaper route and buy the SDCC Iconic MoS exclusive statue

The mattel version came with a laser vision. I'd love that. It doesn't have to be shooting out but the red glowing eyes and veins.

Back