Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: TIE Pilot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So... I guess this means we are getting exactly ZERO TFA figures from Sideshow.

The conventional wisdom a year ago was that HT would do the human (and I guess non-human) leads and Sideshow would do armored and creatures. So much for HT not doing armored - both OT and TFA.

Wish there was some way to know what their relationship is when it comes to 1/6 SW "turf."

HI-RES pg 5 post #42

up_1.jpg

up_2.jpg

up_3.jpg

up_4.jpg

up_5.jpg

up_6.jpg

up_7.jpg

up_8.jpg

up_9.jpg

up_10.jpg

up_11.jpg

up_12.jpg

up_13.jpg

Any one else think Hot Toys might actually be hurting their sales with the volume of TFA's releases? Very few people will be able to keep up with these numbers at these prices.

Damn this does look nice though.

So... I guess this means we are getting exactly ZERO TFA figures from Sideshow.

The conventional wisdom a year ago was that HT would do the human (and I guess non-human) leads and Sideshow would do armored and creatures. So much for HT not doing armored - both OT and TFA.

Wish there was some way to know what their relationship is when it comes to 1/6 SW "turf."

I think that is when HT was piggy backing on SS license. But now HT has their own license. They just aren't stepping on each others toes now with releases. As it is, I don't see the point in SS making TFA figures.

Any one else think Hot Toys might actually be hurting their sales with the volume of TFA's releases? Very few people will be able to keep up with these numbers at these prices.

Damn this does look nice though.

Yup. All their SW offerings are coming out rapid fire. :lol

I'm blown away by how stunning this figure is, and seeing the uniform in detail like this. I would love to get my hands on the full suit through ANOVOS in the future. Will definitely pick up one or two of these figures!

Bring on the 1/6 TIE! :lol

And are there supposed to be red lines on the face mask or no? I seem to recall there being red lines on the mask in the trailer, which would be consistent with the splash of red of the First Order TIE Fighter. I don't think the lines were a light reflection from red lights in the cockpit.

The red lines are on special forces TIE pilots who fly the special forces TIE with the matching red markings, beefier pylons, under-slung turret, and rear gunner seat. That TIE is different from the standard FO TIE flown by these pilots. I bet a special forces TIE pilot will be a convention exclusive.

I like it a lot! but come on! How much can you buy when they are released so close in time!?!?!?

This pilot is cheap though, just half the price
of a diecast iron man! Almost 20% cheaper than black widow. Its quite affordable i think.

This really is a gorgeous figure and the first TFA trooper design that I've really liked.

This pilot is cheap though, just half the price
of a diecast iron man! Almost 20% cheaper than black widow. Its quite affordable i think.

Where do you see the price?

This one won't be in our collection before christmas 2016 (planned release Q3 '16) and i'm sure HT will offer a elite version with red markings before it's even out.

I have to say the design is very interesting and fresh in a way. Helmet shape does look quite different than it appeared in the teaser (camera lens?). Also, i believe that "hat" on top of it could be some sort of visor that can be lowered to protect against solar radiations.

Dang, that looks good. More than likely in on this figure. I don't really like the red lines on the one shown in the trailer.

Back