Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Rey 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine has been shipping soon for a few days so I called SS....they said mine is shipping from Hong Kong warehouse...didn't think they did that.

Quoting myself because until I see both versions side by side, I don't actually believe there is more than one head sculpt (eg. ones with teeth details and those without) in circulation. People are seeing different things both in-hand and in photographs. Eye details, hair details, etc. What's captured varies from photo to photo, person to person. Angle, focus, color grading, contrast, the display it's being viewed on, the camera, the photographer themselves... there are too many variables. I've seen pics that purport having no teeth details, but it's easily dismissed when everything else in photo is washed and lacks focus or definition. I don't buy it.

There definitely are. There were a number of high res photos when the figure first came out, and from folks here that show no teeth.

I can't vouch for everybody but my two HS are different

One of yours is a knockoff though isn't it or did you pick up a second HT one?

There definitely are. There were a number of high res photos when the figure first came out, and from folks here that show no teeth.

One of yours is a knockoff though isn't it or did you pick up a second HT one?

I have another that I got with a spare clothed body ( which I made full scavenger ) and I have the knockoff too.

Examples? Must be another forum board because I haven't found a legitimate example in this thread yet.

I've seen some nice photos, nice compositions, decent res, but her mouth isn't the focal point of the photo so the "teeth details" or lack thereof aren't clear.

I took one last photo of Rey next to Finn. I think people have been unfair, they are not that far out of scale with each other:
eb5c3eaa7a6a05a100beee95774d03ef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, retreading the thread and this still cracks me up.

Examples? Must be another forum board because I haven't found a legitimate example in this thread yet.

I've seen some nice photos, nice compositions, decent res, but her mouth isn't the focal point of the photo so the "teeth details" or lack thereof aren't clear.

No trust in fellow members on these boards?

From momaw:
9b2470467bcfdc1a5fd085d0411ff3bb_zpsgezjmavp.jpg

When they're there they're not hard to see (from metropolitan-art.net on FB):
14249798_633164510186706_4197024193314624910_o.jpg

All you have to do is look at the photo gallery on Hot Toys' Facebook page to see the no teeth version. Or any of the early reviews on YouTube.

These are mine

Now guys don't expect a complete different mouth but there is a difference with the teeth marks IMO

Teeth

No teeth

The marks are there or not on your sculpts ..make no mistake there is no illusion, especially in person, up close you can see the marks or not

Last edited:
I find out tonight as she's sitting at home for me. "What's in the box?"

seven01.jpg

I guarantee all you have to do is look at her up close with the naked eye to see marks or not. You guys are fooling yourselves if you think the light from any source is causing the marks or not :cuckoo:

Judging by all the new pics coming out, I can see that these new pics clearly show the marks. I assume these are all or majority from the SSC shipments. So I think the first run of the HK got the no mark run on her teeth. I think the ones from SSC might be a second run where HT use put in it, not because somebody complained, just when they were painting the sculpts they just put marks in the teeth

Btw..my knockoff has no marks so don't think that's a solution

Last edited:
Regarding the staining of sculpts or figure bodies, it's always a real possibility. In my experience, it's generally the darker clothing that leaves residue from the dye used for the clothing.

The collar of the dark blue jacket on my TWS civvie Steve Rogers figure left a bit of staining on the back of the neck of the sculpt. The red cloth gauntlets on my first Avengers Thor left a bit of red staining on the upper portion of the hands, where the gauntlet covers. I've heard the black leggings on the AoU civvie Scarlet Witch figure has left some staining as well. The manual for TWS Falcon warn against leaving the goggles on for too long and the manual for TWS Nick Fury warn against leaving the eye patch on for too long, as it may stain the sculpt. None of my figures are ever in direct sunlight.

However, the ones where the clothing leaves staining on either the body or in otherwise inconspicuous places, I could care less because I'm obviously not going to be displaying the figure unclothed to where the staining will be noticeable. Sculpt accessories do concern me though, if it will potentially damage the sculpt in an area that will be conspicuous if I chose not to have that particular accessory on anymore.

Also, as TonTon proved, there ARE two different sculpts for this figure in circulation. Early high resolution photos of this figure summarily after its release in HK visibly show it lacking teeth detail; it looked like she was wearing a white mouth guard. The shipment(s) SSC received all seemingly have the teeth detail, so I'm guessing later produced figures started including the teeth detail. The teeth detail on my single Rey figure that I posed with the lightsaber is quite discernible. I'm presuming the one with my BB-8 set will also.

attachment.php

After a 1-day delay, Rey was delivered today! (say that ten times fast). I can't get over how beautiful this set is! Now to decide how to display her...

My only gripe is that the package was smashed on the bottom left corner. Everything inside remained unharmed, and the SSC box was fine. Must've had a rough trip from HK. The only thing out of place inside was one of BB-8's panels, which I found under the display stand.

Teeth or no teeth, you really won't be able to tell the difference from normal viewing distance on a shelf. I have one with the teeth, and I can barely see between the lips from normal viewing distance.

Rey has finally arrived! I haven't gotten around to taking pictures, but I absolutely love the set. BB-8 is pretty darn cool, unfortunately there's some black paint that leaked all the way down the head but it's not a big deal. Rey is just amazing, such an incredible figure. The headsculpt is spot on Daisy Ridley in my opinion and it definitely looks better in hand. The teeth detailing is there which is nice, but it's not that noticeable. Like others have mentioned, it's a pain to get the headdress on but it looks really nice once you do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back