Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Rey 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay

The Good:

The eyes are lighter shade which makes a difference and the bottom of the eyelashes are more subtle so they don't make her eyes seem so dark
Sorry for the bad shot. But it was hard too get the eyes to show the brightness

Custom

Original HT

I got a deal on a spare Rey body that arrived today also..so now I can use both versions :yes:

Bad
The sculpt is just a repaint of the original but it resembles a knockoff in some ways unfortunately

Custom

I'll have to fix the lip a little bit with some touch up

HT original

Together

The nose seems to be a tad different as well

On the side it looks ok but a bit generic

HT original

Closeups

So I like the lighter eyes but I'm disappointed that the overall details seem more wooden for some reason :slap

Would I recommend it. Only if you can get it for cheap :thud:

I'm sure some customizers out there can take this custom sculpt to the next level, maybe I'll try, but I wonder if I should :dunno

Not even a contest. Not that I was planning on buying a KO sculpt, but thanks for taking the plunge for other's sake.

Is there tape on the boxes for SW HT figs? If they seem resealed then we will know that the heads went back for the teeth details.

Heh... I wonder if "Toothless Rey" will be one of those rare dud items that'll go for lots of money on eBay in a couple of years?

I've got one, so almost certainly not. But feel free to make me a five figure offer!

The likeness to daisy ridley just isnt there at all. It looks almost nothing like her. This reminds me of the first dark knight joker HT did. No resemblance to heath ledger at all, but then they did the bank robber joker and looked way closer to him, so im going to wait for the next version of this figure to see if they fix it. Its just way too far off right now for me to be able to live with it.

Thanks for comparing the two sculpts, guyver. I would almost consider getting one knock off to just leave the goggles and scarf on in order to swap out the sculpts more easily.

Thanks for comparing the two sculpts, guyver. I would almost consider getting one knock off to just leave the goggles and scarf on in order to swap out the sculpts more easily.

That is a good idea. Plus you don't have to worry about messing up the real head.

Watches KO sales soar

That is a good idea. Plus you don't have to worry about messing up the real head.

Watches KO sales soar

That's actually a GREAT idea. I find the headscarf really fiddly to put on and I'm always worried I'll cause some kind of paint rub with it, but I like to swap between looks.

Softening the lips both in overall color and the transition between lip and skin will go a long way to improving the KO. Adding some red pastels to the ears would also help. Then a light blast of dullcoat to get rid of some the shine that the KO seems to have. Just protect the eyes first, or just add some floor polish afterwards.

Softening the lips both in overall color and the transition between lip and skin will go a long way to improving the KO. Adding some red pastels to the ears would also help. Then a light blast of dullcoat to get rid of some the shine that the KO seems to have. Just protect the eyes first, or just add some floor polish afterwards.

It's actually not that shining in hand. I really lightened the pics so I can emphasize the difference in the eye color. I would say if anything her hair is bit shining for some odd reason and not sure why they trimmed her side tresses but I kept referencing the film last night and it's hard to tell what was the correct length of the side burn tresses I would call it. Some scenes they would hang naturally, others you would barely notice them at all.

Actually the lips aren't that bad either in hand, again I intensified the pics so the brighter eye shade would pop. Again referencing the film, she did have a shade of a faint burgundy pink lipstick, ( yes she was wearing lipstick ) folks, she just didn't have lipgloss on as most 20 ish young women usually have to make the lips pop, as a trend nowadays. so I can see why people could think that her lip color was that shade. When on Jakku, it was really faint because of the desert . But in other scenes, it was clearly visible, especially in the darker scenes.

Anyway, the KO did a decent job with that IMO, because once again HT does that strange shade of ugly brownish muggy type of lipstick that every female sculpt has

I like the ideas of making the KO a scavenger head strictly , since I have two bodies now with Rey clothes that is an option :wink1:

So the overall verdict on the MIS Rey knockoff head is that it's not different enough from the Hot Toys sculpt to warrant upgrading?

Is buying a knock off really considered upgrading? I can understand going the custom route and people thinking it's an upgrade, because the custom was made because someone felt the stock sculpt wasn't up to their standards, but a knock off is just a pale imitation of the original.

:lol

I'm paranoid about this going to waitlist as soon as more pics are posted, so I finally caved and ordered the set. I also used rewards to bring it down to $240 shipped. :yess:

Is buying a knock off really considered upgrading? I can understand going the custom route and people thinking it's an upgrade, because the custom was made because someone felt the stock sculpt wasn't up to their standards, but a knock off is just a pale imitation of the original.

:lol

In this case, yes this pales to the original..but I do like the lighter eyes so that's what is disappointing :(

Ah I do like to see the "shipping soon" status! Cmon Rey hurry up and get here!! Haha

94a7618feb4dd01dce08094c1eecf4d1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

When is the next shipment coming in? I can't wait any longer lol

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Back