Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Rey 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well they kinda have similar squarish features

17bd517a20ff0708748d3e89c7b64910.jpg
star-wars-the-force-awakens-tv-spot.jpg

I don't think the problem is they stick out, it's that there are no individual teeth sculpted in there. At least that are easy to see.

Yeah, but a lot of the pics you see here are larger than 1:1 (actual figure) or how she appears in hand. Any amount of detail, in that minuscule a space her teeth occupy would darken that area altogether and appear discolored to the naked, unassisted eye.

I don't really see a problem with the teeth at all. You're not going to notice it when it's on display in a shelf.

Does anyone have pictures of her with Kylo? I was planning to display them together, but I'm worried that Kylo will look like a giant compared to her since the scales are all over the place with this line.

Gotta find something to freak out about before we hit the "You know what? This is actually a pretty good figure" phase.

Maybe it will look better in hand and in collectors' photos but going off of the blogger pics, I'm just not feeling it. I much preferred the prototypes for both Rey and Finn.

Gotta find something to freak out about before we hit the "You know what? This is actually a pretty good figure" phase.

It is a pretty good figure. Well above average likeness by any companies standards. But if I had a choice I would rather they just did the sculpt with a closed mouth. I can't think of many figures where sculpted teeth are a good idea.

The simple white strip for teeth I think is a bit corny, but nowhere near enough to throw my arms up in protest and cancel my order. All in all, I think the sculpt turned out pretty well, as well as the figure in general. As mentioned, it's a well above average likeness and the paint apps look great. Very detailed.

:exactly::lol

I've been waiting to long for the two pack release, I am just glad that we are getting her! In hand Finn is amazing. Camera pictures don't show off the figures true likeness! Rey in hand, I hope is just as good.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

So what's the size difference next to the Leia figure? I would have imagined HT would have just used the same body they used for BW or Scarlet Witch for Rey.

The teeth do look goofy, but it will not be noticed on shelf, only in macro photos,
They drastically changed the shape and height of her forehead and and hairline. While it much closer to reality , I have to admit I like the proto a bit more.
Those arm wraps got THiCK ! !!!!!

Rest looks awesome, great accessories too.

It no PO but I will buy on release. Still waiting on a side by side with Kylo.

Back