Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Rey 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rey's height isn't the issue. Just don't buy Finn. There ya go. Nobody is loving the Finn figure anyway.

haha, good thing I had no interest in him anyway. Actually, I really only want BB-8 so I can put him with Poe, whenever Hot Toys decides to release him in his X-Wing gear. I have Rey & BB-8 heading to me now so I'll see if I have a change of heart on Rey when I get her in-hand.

ab062d7d4f76002e2793e6ebf8042eb5.jpg

The trickery is trong with this one:lol

13669010_10208772826251620_3687842114276393232_n.jpg

I'll just tell myself "Finn is taller than Boyega... Finn is taller than Boyega... Finn is taller than Boyega... Finn is taller than Boyega... " :lol

Hobbit's are pretty much the only characters where real actor heights should be ignored IMO. However Sam should be taller than Frodo if indeed the actor is taller than Elijah Wood etc etc

Last edited:
Its kind of like with Sideshow's Frankenstein's Monster (Karloff). The character of The Monster is taller than Karloff in real life, but the actual figure is based on Karloff's height rather than the character's height... So it may almost be a reversal of that with Finn/Boyega.

Am I grasping at straws? :lol

Finn is taller than Boyega. That is true. Compare Boyega and G. Christie then Finn to Phasma. Finn/Boyega got the Tom Cruise effect.

Maybe when they were fixing Finn's back at the Resistance Base they thought add a few inches on his spine?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Well, the updated sculpt looks pretty good, and glad to see the eyes are painted a more normal size. The neck seems a bit short at the moment, but that may just be because the head on this figure got pushed down a bit too far.

Really odd about the upper teeth, but hopefully painting in a bit more detail will be enough to fix that.

Back