Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Rey 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Classified, really..? Me too. Big secret.

52977C27CC6143678181.jpeg

6599102015854975B502.jpeg

Last edited:
Speaking of the headscarf, I was getting really frustrated with it not sitting right on the head, so I unstitched the two rolls so I could slide them down lower in the back. Turns out there's plenty of material there, they just had it stitched together all wrong.

Nice pics, might have to set her up that way.:clap

Wonder if the value of this one will increase on the secondary once the consensus becomes that this version is the definitive version to have?

They just made so many of her. I wish we could see production numbers on some of these figures. It is a great one, though, outfit detailing is really impressive. I ended up changing out her belt to a leather one from the Resistance version.

Speaking of the headscarf, I was getting really frustrated with it not sitting right on the head, so I unstitched the two rolls so I could slide them down lower in the back. Turns out there's plenty of material there, they just had it stitched together all wrong.

View attachment 476135

View attachment 476136

Thanks for the tip! I am having the same problem with the headscarf so I gave up and just put the goggles around her head. I still like the look but it will be nice to use the headscarf.

If you don't mind me asking, did you have to stitch back the headscarf? Or did you just roll them up without restitching?

That is definitely good to know, Capt. My fear was that there would be some possible paint rubs from the googles or as davejames mentioned, having those thin hair strands get accidentally torn off.

I have two of these figures (one standalone and another with BB-8). I bought a knockoff head so that I can display one with the headscarf (but I gave up for now because of issues fitting it on her head as I mentioned above). I currently have the knockoff head displayed with the goggles around the knockoff head for several months now. I just checked for paint rubs and I did not notice any damage on the knockoff head.

Wonder if the value of this one will increase on the secondary once the consensus becomes that this version is the definitive version to have?

I personally believe that this figure offers good value for the price and I really like it so I bought two for different display options. I think that this version has the potential to increase in price for two reasons: 1) It has a TON of accessories; 2) The headsculpt on the latest figure does not look good in my opinion.

Thanks for the tip! I am having the same problem with the headscarf so I gave up and just put the goggles around her head. I still like the look but it will be nice to use the headscarf.

If you don't mind me asking, did you have to stitch back the headscarf? Or did you just roll them up without restitching?

In those pics the roll is just sitting loose on top. I do plan to stitch them back together (at least in the front to keep the fabric from riding up) but haven't gotten around to it yet.

rey mod.jpg
Need to finish this custom one of these days..kind of forget about this figure from time to time. Don't know what I'm going to do with it really, just thought it was a cool look.
This is a knock off head on a Pepper Potts body, btw.

View attachment 489417
Need to finish this custom one of these days..kind of forget about this figure from time to time. Don't know what I'm going to do with it really, just thought it was a cool look.
This is a knock off head on a Pepper Potts body, btw.

I'm glad you said it was a knock off head cause I'm getting serious Sigourney Weaver vibes from Alien in it. Just perm that hair up a bit.

JazzInc is now taking preorders for Rey?s speeder: https://www.jazzincdioramas.com/pro...der-diorama-kit-for-hot-toys-rey-episode-vii/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's SOOOO tempting! It's even pretty reasonably priced! I just don't have the space for it--I'm really trying to keep my collection in check. I'm close to wrapping it up and adding that beautiful piece will just complicate my grand schemes!

I will say this: if it had gone up for sale a few years ago when Rey first came out, I probably would have gotten it then.

Back