Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Rey 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. I was considering recording some of these, but most of my mods I'm just kind of blundering about and figuring it out as I go, so they probably wouldn't be very instructive or entertaining to watch. :D

I did take one pic of him all opened up though, after I had hot glued all the LEDs in:

20190929_115442.jpg

Thanks. I was considering recording some of these, but most of my mods I'm just kind of blundering about and figuring it out as I go, so they probably wouldn't be very instructive or entertaining to watch. :D

I did take one pic of him all opened up though, after I had hot glued all the LEDs in:

View attachment 467722
I got some battery eliminators for the larger diorama pieces. I?d like to figure something out with Vader, droids, etc. I?m not sure I wanna open stuff up like this tho

Yeah it can definitely be a pain to take some of these figures apart, but I find it's worth it in the end. I've got pretty much all my SW figures wired up by this point, and I love seeing all the lightsabers and other features pop on at once with the flick of a switch. :)

I'll have to post some new pics in the collection thread one of these days.

Yeah it can definitely be a pain to take some of these figures apart, but I find it's worth it in the end. I've got pretty much all my SW figures wired up by this point, and I love seeing all the lightsabers and other features pop on at once with the flick of a switch. :)

I'll have to post some new pics in the collection thread one of these days.

I?d love to do that but I?m not sure I have the time honestly. I never use any of the light features like savers or Vader because they?re such a pain in the ass. Hot Toys needs to do something better for the price. On iron mans they?re insane

I was cleaning up my displays and decided to try the TLJ sculpt on Scavenger Rey.

Presenting, “The Determined Scavenger”! Here’s hoping they really nail the likeness for the final film.

B517C58B-1F99-4819-A640-FC341854D363.jpeg

19A88524-C5ED-4C4B-A404-0DEED4089C34.jpeg

4339A272-B3FC-4600-A01F-C6DA7F88A4E5.jpeg

I love this figure, but ever since getting a TFA Kylo, I’ve been irritated by how undersized she is next to him. Presumably the scale issue has been carried across to TLJ Rey and Kylo, so there’s no way of getting a properly sized Rey?

You sure? I’ve just been through the TLJ Rey thread, and she doesn’t look any taller than the TFA versions in the side by side pics I’ve seen.

I was able to score this 2 pack for a great price, I have a question though on something it says in the instructions manual. It says not to leave the head gear on for long periods of time or it will damage the paint on the head sculpt. Anyone have her always displayed with the head gear on run into any issues with this?

I suppose if this is an issue I can just pick up a cheap 3rd party sculpt to use for this look and keep the original in good shape.

Back when the figure was initially released, I actually picked up an extra head sculpt as insurance. Definitely worth the peace of mind and the added luxury of being able to simple swap out the sculpts.

Honestly I think the only thing you really have to be careful about are the two strands of hair hanging down. The heads are sealed really well so I don't see the fabric damaging them in any way.

Back when the figure was initially released, I actually picked up an extra head sculpt as insurance. Definitely worth the peace of mind and the added luxury of being able to simple swap out the sculpts.

Is that so you can use one with the headscarf? I had my Rey with the headscarf on, in the scavenger look, for around 2 years and recently decided to display her without. There was no discoloration when I removed the headscarf. I'm not saying it'll be the same for everyone, just that I personally encountered no problems.

Is that so you can use one with the headscarf? I had my Rey with the headscarf on, in the scavenger look, for around 2 years and recently decided to display her without. There was no discoloration when I removed the headscarf. I'm not saying it'll be the same for everyone, just that I personally encountered no problems.

That is definitely good to know, Capt. My fear was that there would be some possible paint rubs from the googles or as davejames mentioned, having those thin hair strands get accidentally torn off.

Speaking of the headscarf, I was getting really frustrated with it not sitting right on the head, so I unstitched the two rolls so I could slide them down lower in the back. Turns out there's plenty of material there, they just had it stitched together all wrong.

20200116_204030 (2).jpg

20200116_205455 (2).jpg

Back