Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Rey 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Regardless of what happens in TRoS, this version is probably going to be the defining Rey figure for me. Not sure if it’s because I associate this outfit with her the most since it’s the outfit we first saw her in, or because I didn’t really like TLJ as a film.

Ah the days when there was genuine excitement and a united fan base about Star Wars movies........

Anyone display their Rey with the scavenger mask?

With a TROS Rey eventually coming and my TLJ (Resistance) Rey, thinking it might be cool to display TFA Rey as "The Scavenger" like the originally showed her at SWC2015

View attachment 455103

I plan to display her with the scavenger look because I have two Reys from TFA (BB-8 set and standalone). I got the standalone for a very good price and I really like this figure so I did not hesitate to get another one. I bought a knockoff sculpt from ebay to use as my scavenger look head. The scavenger look makes Rey look like a different character and still looks great!

If you want another Rey (without BB-8) she is still available at Popcultcha for US $141.81 plus shipping. I think that's a great price for a Hot Toys figure that's loaded with accessories. It's hard for me to understand why the TFA Rey still goes for such a low price.

Last edited:
I plan to display her with the scavenger look because I have two Reys from TFA (BB-8 set and standalone). I got the standalone for a very good price and I really like this figure so I did not hesitate to get another one. I bought a knockoff sculpt from ebay to use as my scavenger look head. The scavenger look makes Rey look like a different character and still looks great!

If you want another Rey (without BB-8) she is still available at Popcultcha for US $141.81 plus shipping. I think that's a great price for a Hot Toys figure that's loaded with accessories. It's hard for me to understand why the TFA Rey still goes for such a low price.

I think generally speaking HT over estimated how well the ST figures would sell and at this point PC are just trying to get rid of their stock - they still can’t rid of Banner, Mandarin and Jor-el and have had them on special many many times! I agree with you the Rey figures have been great and the accessories on the TFA release are outstanding. From memory there are still other TFA figures still available at PC as well.

Do you have pics??

I think generally speaking HT over estimated how well the ST figures would sell and at this point PC are just trying to get rid of their stock - they still can’t rid of Banner, Mandarin and Jor-el and have had them on special many many times! I agree with you the Rey figures have been great and the accessories on the TFA release are outstanding. From memory there are still other TFA figures still available at PC as well.

TBH I think in general HT have been overproducing for the most part. Jedi Luke for example is one that has been the "grail" figure for tons of collectors and everyone was stoked when it was announced. It was/is a great figure for the most part with a wonderful sculpt, and not only is it still in stock basically everywhere - people are having trouble off-loading him for 180-200 new.

I really think they just produced a lot more in general or perhaps people have just been pairing down their collections

That's a great point! There was so much hype and box office success for TFA so it is not surprising that HT got carried away and overproduced.

Do you have pics??

Sure! The attached pic is fresh from my phone camera. :) HT Rey is on the left and the knockoff is on the right. Side by side, there is no contest and HT Rey is more detailed and beautiful. You definitely get what you pay for. However, the knockoff is not bad (in my opinion) if you look at it by itself. It will definitely work if you're planning to use it for the fully covered scavenger look. Due to the shorter strands of hair on the side of Rey's face, I think that the knockoff was intended to be used for the scavenger look. The skin tone of the knockoff is also noticeably darker than the HT version.

Also, take note that my phone camera was focused on the original so take that into consideration as well. But as I mentioned earlier, the original is much more detailed than the knockoff in person.

20190527_223502.jpg

Regardless of what happens in TRoS, this version is probably going to be the defining Rey figure for me. Not sure if it’s because I associate this outfit with her the most since it’s the outfit we first saw her in, or because I didn’t really like TLJ as a film.

If I were to have only one Rey figure from the ST, it’d probably be this one holding the lightsaber.

I also like this outfit better than her outfit at the end of TFA and in TLJ. My preference has nothing to do with TLJ as a film. I just think the scavenger outfit looks better.

Just wanted to show off my TFA set-up, thanks to twelveinchfigures.weebly.com for the amazing backdrop!

IMG_20190520_140022.jpg

Exactly. I really hope I can get excited about this final installment. I certainly want to be.

But if all else fails then we have The Mandalorian and Cassian.

I was thinking more how angry and volatile some people get nowadays when expectations aren’t met, but ultimately it’s about what you like personally. Star Wars has always had high and low points and people respond differently. Myself, I can’t find much to redeem the prequels but they didn’t destroy my enjoyment of SW in general. Hell, I saw Caravan of Courage in the cinemas and I still don’t hate Ewoks!
As for the new stuff, I’m curious to see how JJ wraps it all up and The Mandalorian looks pretty cool. For me, it’s awesome having all this content to choose from and being able to share my enjoyment with my kids (Rebels was a pretty good gateway for them and we recently finished the OT with some movie nights)
Anyway, that turned into a longer response than planned. I hope TROS gives you back some excitement for the ST.
May the Force be with you![emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I was thinking more how angry and volatile some people get nowadays when expectations aren’t met, but ultimately it’s about what you like personally. Star Wars has always had high and low points and people respond differently. Myself, I can’t find much to redeem the prequels but they didn’t destroy my enjoyment of SW in general. Hell, I saw Caravan of Courage in the cinemas and I still don’t hate Ewoks!
As for the new stuff, I’m curious to see how JJ wraps it all up and The Mandalorian looks pretty cool. For me, it’s awesome having all this content to choose from and being able to share my enjoyment with my kids (Rebels was a pretty good gateway for them and we recently finished the OT with some movie nights)
Anyway, that turned into a longer response than planned. I hope TROS gives you back some excitement for the ST.
May the Force be with you![emoji3]

This movie isn’t exactly like I thought it would be, I must make a 5 hour video yelling about it once a week

Hey guys, quick question. I’m thinking of having the SS Luke X-Wing helmet repainted to match the helmet Rey has on Jakku.

Should I use the Sideshow helmet or, since repaints in this hobby are expensive, wait to see if/when HT does an X-wing helmet in case that’s better structurally. (Gonna ask this in the Luke thread too).

Hey guys, quick question. I’m thinking of having the SS Luke X-Wing helmet repainted to match the helmet Rey has on Jakku.

Should I use the Sideshow helmet or, since repaints in this hobby are expensive, wait to see if/when HT does an X-wing helmet in case that’s better structurally. (Gonna ask this in the Luke thread too).

Could this work?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-Gentle...ng-Helmet-for-Sideshow-hot-toys-/352641206595

Back