Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Rey 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Their official FB page. Think it was updated sometime after, from what I assume was an influx of inquiries about the feature.

Ah, cool, thanks. I didn't see they updated it. I actually think it's kinda crappy the main wielder of the lightsaber (I mean, we know now) doesn't get a light-up saber. It's not like adapting the tech to the female forearm should be difficult. I realize maybe it's a production issue, but I'd almost rather the figure be delayed. Oh well.

And they DEFINITELY need to stop photoshopping sabers that don't light up.

I find it hard to believe that the inclusion of the lightsaber is what pushed those on the fence into order the figure.

As for me, it was a must-have, regardless.

I was holding off because you couldn't get this specific look:

581911_10153263895357344_6097826200663526430_n.jpg

Plus the lightsaber thing was annoying but easily fixable by getting it separately. But now that they rectified the headgear and the lightsaber, I'm in!

I'm almost tempted to order two. One to portray her Jakku look with the headgear and a second to portray the Starkiller base duel.

I was kind of tempted by that too. I really love the full Scavenger look. But without the light-up Saber, I might hold off. I know you don't light up these things a TON< but it would have been fun to have. Now I might just wait for/hope for her "Resistance" look being released later with the saber. Even though, I know, she didn't actually USE it in that outfit in the movie.

Very happy to read this. Its just a shame Kylo still won't come with the Driver sculpt and Vader helmet. :monkey2

Ah, cool, thanks. I didn't see they updated it. I actually think it's kinda crappy the main wielder of the lightsaber (I mean, we know now) doesn't get a light-up saber. It's not like adapting the tech to the female forearm should be difficult. I realize maybe it's a production issue, but I'd almost rather the figure be delayed. Oh well.

And they DEFINITELY need to stop photoshopping sabers that don't light up.
They would have to tack on another ten or fifteen dollars, bare minimum, making the two-pack $300 or higher.

I'm not saying fans wouldn't prefer it, but I think the ball is in Hot Toys' court now. They're going to handle it the way they see fit, I guess. I'm thinking they are saving the light-up feature for the inevitable version two, from the end of the film.

And yes, in a line that USES light-up lightsabers, especially as a selling point, DO NOT use photoshop on ones that don't feature the gimmick.

Personally I'm not bothered by the fact that the saber doesn't light up. They weren't planning on including the saber with her originally and I'm just glad that they have listened to the feedback from collectors saying they wanted her to have a saber and be able to display her with her mask partially removed. Sure the saber may not be the perfect addition, but at least it is included now.

If I pre-order her, will it take my money as soon as Sideshow gets them in stock, or right away? (Already know about the NRD)

Back